The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 2:22 am 
AnalLog

It was 5 minutes after the tickets went on sale and like every 100 level seat was north of $400 each...it sure seemed like set pricing to me. But the tickets were going fast so i guess the demand is clearly there.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 4:01 am 
AnalLog

Yah in certain cities he's still selling them below the aftermarket prices. I mean, if he wanted to play MSG and sell them at "fair value", almost every ticket would be $1000+.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 11:42 am 
Rank This Poster

They'll be 50 bucks day of show

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2023 8:06 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Added 9/3 to my list and for the first time I got tickets for the kids too - truly one final night. Not the best seats but they were $59.50 each.

PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2023 8:53 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
Added 9/3 to my list and for the first time I got tickets for the kids too - truly one final night. Not the best seats but they were $59.50 each.

Nice!

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2023 1:42 am 
The Master

Tenth row at Wrigley :bammer:

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2023 2:32 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Damn. Congrats.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2023 2:44 am 
The Master

I wonder if he will start to mix up the setlist a bit by the time he does the stadium shows.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2023 2:48 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

He usually does I think. At least in the past he has. They usually get longer in the fall.

PostPosted: Mon March 06, 2023 11:53 pm 
Future Drummer

went to the show in saint paul last night. looks like a pretty standard tour set so far with a couple debuts, one certainly an inspired choice given the attention on the cost of his tickets

No Surrender
Ghosts
Prove It All Night
Letter to You
The Promised Land
Candy's Room
Kitty's Back
Pay Me My Money Down (The Weavers cover) (tour debut, first performance since 2014)
Nightshift (Commodores cover)
Burnin' Train
Working on the Highway (tour debut)
The E Street Shuffle
Last Man Standing (acoustic, with Barry Danielian on trumpet)
Backstreets
Because the Night (Patti Smith Group cover)
She's the One
Wrecking Ball
The Rising
Badlands

Thunder Road
Born to Run
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Glory Days
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
I'll See You in My Dreams (solo acoustic)

Note: Patti Scialfa is not present.

let me preface this with this- i am not much of a springsteen fan and haven't listened to over half of his catalog. i've seen bruce a couple times before this in 2004 (vfc with neil young, john fogerty, r.e.m., and bright eyes) and 2009 (bonnaroo). and despite the price being more than any single artist ticket i've ever paid for i felt like i should see this show as it might be the last time i would. and it was.... fine? was it worth it? suuure, but probably more for the memories it created with the lady than any particular aspect of the show. i knew he had a new soul covers album out and i definitely like nightshift the song but i don't think i needed to hear bruce springsteen and the e street band do a mostly faithful take on it, you know? nebraska, the river, and the rising are the albums i am most familiar with, and only the rising (the song) was played from any of those, so i didn't hear really anything i would have liked to have heard. and the band energy (and crowd) wasn't near what my previous two experiences had been, but chalk that up to father time catching up with everyone- i was more disappointed in the lack of crowd energy than a band of mostly aarp-aged musicians still putting it all out there even when their tank isn't as fueled up anymore. max weinberg, though, what a machine that guy is, dude was on point all night. i did appreciate bruce's solo bit at the end, which seemed to be a goodbye without saying goodbye. if that's the last i ever see of bruce springsteen, that's a good song to go out on. anyway, show was fine. not bad, not great. an expensive but enjoyable enough evening with one of the greatest rock n roll artists and bands ever.

here's a youtube video lov2rok took of kitty's back, which did have one of my favorite bits- bruce holding a single note and mugging a bit for the first part of his solo after every one else had their turns

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2023 12:08 am 
AnalLog

Nice review. I saw them in Houston and I agree w/ pretty much all you said and am also a similar kind of fan. Last time I saw him was over 10 years ago. I have no desire to do it again even though they are playing in LA in December.

PostPosted: Tue April 04, 2023 7:02 pm 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Wed April 12, 2023 11:44 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Saw Springsteen last night at UBS Arena in Belmont Stakes. The whole thing is fascinating. Just about everyone in the band (save for Mac who is a beast) has slowed down - and I can certainly nitpick at this show - Nils gets maybe one solo?, both Bruce and Stevie are playing much slower, Bruce’s voice still has a lot of power but it’s considerably different, the show seems even more choreographed than usual…but the reality is they still bring the house down through a combination of a masterfully crafted setlist and the ability, even if for just the last hour, to take it up and up a notch. I certainly felt appreciation for the narrative Bruce brought to the show, and for 3 hours I was definitely lost in that same place I go every time I get to see him. It may not be just the same as it used to be even from the last tour, but worth it all to be in the room with them again, and they still can rock.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 pm 
Future Drummer

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:52 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

He’s been out rambling around Dublins pubs having a grand old time

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm 
The Master

Is he shirtless under that coat?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:19 am 
what on earth am I talking about

Fantastic show tonight. Final of three here in Dublin. It yet again feels like a different animal altogether but I say that every time. It’s a little more considered and relaxed in performance but it’s limber and hard as ever I others. And as ever, just non stop. In the best way.
We were all completely wrecked even with 45 minutes to go.
Got to go back to their hotel and say hello and they’re all hanging out and mingling and Bruce is holding court with the and going around each little group and saying hello and holding court and telling stories. It was 130am ffs. He’s such a gift. They all are. Genuinely nice guys
No idea how they do it. I’m in bits just from watching them.

Kinda mad set list too I think?
Haven’t seen a copy of it yet but it was bang bang bang bang etc long before it calmed a little bit.

Magic night. I’m gonna be so sore tomorrow. And we were just standing there singing along.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 12:17 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

In honor of 45 years of Darkness, Bruce released on streaming services The Darkness Tour, which is the Darkness album in order live plus another hour or so of songs from the era on the 1978 tour. It is awesome. It is also on streaming services. It doesn’t flow like a Springsteen show but it doesn’t need to. Also, Prove It All Night from ‘78 is always a massive treat. Add to that a killer early version of Because the Night and a smoldering The Fever…run don’t walk.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2023 11:40 am 
Future Drummer

Quote:
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are currently in the middle of a 31-date tour of Europe that followed an extensive U.S. run and will see the band return to North America for 31 more shows from August through December. Despite the busy 2023, fans are already anxious about what’s next. E Street Band guitarist Steven Van Zandt recently addressed The Boss’ plans for 2024 on Twitter.

“Right now it is a hope,” Little Steven tweeted in response to a fan who asked about a 2024 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Tour. “We are waiting for many complicating factors that are out of our control for a final decision. But if this miraculous tour miraculously continues, I cannot promise anything, but I will personally vote to include Finland! Home of the legend, Michael Monroe!”
The Scandinavia-loving Van Zandt portrayed a gangster living in Lillehammer, Norway in the Netflix television series Lilyhammer. Finnish musician Michael Monroe is the lead singer of metal act Hanoi Rocks. Monroe contributed to Little Steven’s 1985 anti-apartheid anthem “Sun City.” Additionally, Van Zandt worked with Monroe as a producer and songwriter.

Little Steven also discussed the E Street Band skipping The Volunteer State in 2023. “We somehow missed Tennessee this tour which is unfortunate,” Van Zandt tweeted in reply to a Springsteen junkie from Knoxville. “Your vast amount of essential music history-Blues, Rockabilly, Soul, and Country-deserves ultimate respect. We have done memorable shows there and we will be back.”

A follow-up tweet from Van Zandt detailed the factors that go into the decision on whether Springsteen and the E Street Band will tour next year. “Availability of a limited amount of venues, hotels, planes, trucks, buses, cars, crewmembers, staging, sound systems, lights, video screens, etc, etc, etc,” Little Steven explained. “Every possible band and individual artist capable of touring is doing so like never before all at the same time.”

Quote:
It turns out there’s another band to which The Boss may devote his time in 2024. As the Asbury Park Press pointed out, Bruce Springsteen may hit the road with the Nightshift Band that backed him on his Tonight Show residency last November.

Bruce put together a large ensemble featuring a mix of E Streeters, former band members and others to promote his 2022 covers album Only The Strong Survive. Original E Street Band keyboardist and Nightshift Band member David Sancious told MOJO a follow-up has been recorded with plans for a 2024 tour. “I’ve just worked on Bruce’s sequel to Only The Strong Survive. He’s got 18 more covers of Motown and classic R&B,” Sancious revealed to MOJO’s Martin Aston. “And next year, I should be touring the album with Bruce.”

Stay tuned to find out what 2024 holds for Bruce Springsteen. The Boss continues his 2023 International Tour with the E Street Band this evening in Gothenburg, Sweden.

PostPosted: Fri August 11, 2023 1:07 pm 
The Master

On the field for tonight’s Wrigley show. Sweating the weather.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands