The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:29 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

For reference, the set list:

Badlands
No Surrender
Outlaw Pete
She’s the One
Working on a Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Raise Your Hand
Expressway to Your Heart
For You
Rendezvous
Night
Waiting on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The Wrestler
Kingdom of Days
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born to Run
Hard Times (Come Again No More)
Jungleland
Land of Hopes and Dreams/People Get Ready
American Land
Dancing in the Dark
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 am 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
Yeah, sorry. That one.

I went with a seasoned pro of Springsteen shows and we got in early through the general admission bracelet thing Bruce was doing. First Springsteen show and I was maybe 10 feet from stage dead center. For that show. I have been a huge fan ever since.

Awesome.
Got to Jersey early in July 2008 to get in that select area for the second leg opener in East Rutherford, being that close to the band only to turn around and take in a stadium full of fans is really something.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:33 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Yeah, of all the bands I have seen, Springsteen fans all together are some of the most legitimately passionate fans I have seen. There’s a pure joy to that crowd you don’t find many other places.

I have been lucky to see him there, twice at the Garden, once at the Meadowlands, and just Bruce at Springsteen on Broadway, and from the front to the back of those buildings and every time was a mind blowing experience both from the stage and the fans.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 pm 
The Master

I’ve only seen the boss once :( and my seats were in the back of the arena and it was during a period of my life I was heavily medicated and drinking.

Ugh. Just haven’t had the chance over the last 15 years. But I’ve become a bigger fan within the last 10. I’m really concerned I won’t get a chance to see him again now.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:08 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Strat wrote:
I’ve only seen the boss once :( and my seats were in the back of the arena and it was during a period of my life I was heavily medicated and drinking.

Ugh. Just haven’t had the chance over the last 15 years. But I’ve become a bigger fan within the last 10. I’m really concerned I won’t get a chance to see him again now.

I think/hope you will. I think they said they were planning a new album and tour which this whole pandemic might have slowed but he’s also a few years younger than say the Stones or Dylan who are both breaking 80 at this point.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:32 pm 
The Master

liebzz wrote:
Strat wrote:

I think/hope you will. I think they said they were planning a new album and tour which this whole pandemic might have slowed but he’s also a few years younger than say the Stones or Dylan who are both breaking 80 at this point.

Not sure his recording process but they could still possibly get an album done through all of this, depending on how far he was with the songs last fal when he first mentioned he was writing for the new e street record.

I’m sure the boss can still bring it energetically speaking but time is ticking...

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Hopefully, we’ll get at least one more big tour out of him, but outside of the last year he hasn’t slowed down much. I mean he was playing a one man show nightly for a year and a half and recording a solo album. I think it was late summer or fall of 2019 that he said he had written the songs for an E Street album and that he wanted to tour on it, which the last few albums resulted in tours for a couple of years each. Sure he’s in his 70s, but of all the rock stars who have come out of the 60s and 70s, he always took care of himself and seems to be doing well health wise even now. I am more worried about ever getting to see The Rolling Stones.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:34 am 
Broken Tamborine

Was lucky enough to see him and the band in 2013 at Hanging Rock, then twice in Adelaide in 2014 and again in 2017.

Would kill for one more of his live shows.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 am 
AnalLog

lecherouslittlestump wrote:
What do people think of the Brendan O'Brien-produced albums? The Rising, Devils & Dust, Magic, Working On A Dream.

I think Magic is at the very top of his "tier 2" albums. Really enjoy The Rising and D&D....Working on a Dream kinda sucks though.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:07 am 
Posting (live)

Thurman Murman wrote:
What do people think of the Brendan O'Brien-produced albums? The Rising, Devils & Dust, Magic, Working On A Dream.

I think Magic is at the very top of his "tier 2" albums. Really enjoy The Rising and D&D....Working on a Dream kinda sucks though.

I agree that the material is great. The mixes aren't terrible but the mastering squashes it all too flat. I'd love to hear Magic unmastered.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:10 am 
AnalLog

injuddstree wrote:
Was lucky enough to see him and the band in 2013 at Hanging Rock, then twice in Adelaide in 2014 and again in 2017.

Would kill for one more of his live shows.

Id love to get in at least one more too!

First show was solo for the Devils & Dust tour...second was with the E-Street band in support of Magic. Two totally different, but equally mind blowing shows!

PostPosted: Sat June 13, 2020 8:20 pm 
The Master

Lucky Town is fantastic. Underrated gem. There is a looseness to the record that I love.

PostPosted: Sun June 14, 2020 4:10 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Lucky Town is fantastic. Underrated gem. There is a looseness to the record that I love.

Oh Strat...

PostPosted: Sun June 14, 2020 4:48 am 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:

Oh Strat...

:finger:

PostPosted: Sun June 14, 2020 1:51 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Here’s the thing...Lucky Town is way better than Human Touch, but there’s still nothing memorable about it for me. Perhaps I need another listen.

PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 1:16 am 
Future Drummer

I feel we go in to a discussion regarding Human Touch/Lucky Town every few pages, clearly his most divisive release.

PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 3:39 pm 
known prankster

Rumours pointing towards Tracks vol 2 this Xmas. Themed around his lost albums (e.g. the hip hop one from the 90s). Was meant for a late 2019 release but it was pushed by the Western Stars film.

Potential teaser https://youtu.be/oiQ5QgBUUAg

PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 7:06 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

oasisfan35 wrote:
I feel we go in to a discussion regarding Human Touch/Lucky Town every few pages, clearly his most divisive release.

What else is there to talk about?

I guess we could have the following exchange: “Born to Run is a great album.” “Yeah” “this guy gets it” ...”hot take: I don’t like Born to Run” “*shakes head*”

Alright so basically every discussion that’s ever happened on RM.

Also...loudness wars.

Last edited by liebzz on Mon June 15, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 7:08 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Rumours pointing towards Tracks vol 2 this Xmas. Themed around his lost albums (e.g. the hip hop one from the 90s). Was meant for a late 2019 release but it was pushed by the Western Stars film.

Potential teaser https://youtu.be/oiQ5QgBUUAg

Amazing. I wonder if this covers the specific time period from The Rising through the present?

PostPosted: Mon June 15, 2020 8:26 pm 
Future Drummer

liebzz wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

What else is there to talk about?

I guess we could have the following exchange: “Born to Run is a great album.” “Yeah” “this guy gets it” ...”hot take: I don’t like Born to Run” “*shakes head*”

Alright so basically every discussion that’s ever happened on RM.

Also...loudness wars.

Well, I was just making a statement. For a guy with an almost fifty-year career, the Human Touch/Lucky Town release seems the collective lightning rod here at RM.
I really need to crack open the autobiography as I'm sure any light shed on '89 to '99 will be notable.

And as an oasis fan, rest assured I am quite finished discussing the loudness war.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 95  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands