The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 12:15 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
Strat wrote:
Also I haven't seen the Boss live since 2005? Thats awful. I can't wait till he tours again and I will pay top dollar to see him.


One of the few that’s worth it. It’s been a few years for me too, though I saw him on broadway last year, but I think we last saw him on The River tour with the E Street Band (2016 version I guess?). They are still in top form.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 12:17 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 16895
I saw him a handful of times in short succession during the reunion and Rising tours, and not since.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:56 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
Man alive. Loving these Brucelegs today. So wonderfully mixed and quite a painless process of getting them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19062
Location: Mizzou
I thought he was really starting to show his age on the River Reissue Tour, but maybe he will be re-energized after a lengthy break of touring with the band.


Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Wed March 13, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 8:44 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
working on a dream mostly sucks though I love the title track, good eye, tomorrow never knows, the wrestler and outlaw pete


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
Strat wrote:
working on a dream mostly sucks though I love the title track, good eye, tomorrow never knows, the wrestler and outlaw pete


Pretty much on the nose with this. Outlaw Pete is maybe the most essential song on that album for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42840
Location: Garbage Dump
Those aren’t even the best songs! My Lucky Day, Life Itself, Surprise Surprise...

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:09 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
Harry's Place on High Hopes is fanfuckingtastic.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:06 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
I’m just soaking in all the new Springsteen love. It’s nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:20 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
liebzz wrote:
I’m just soaking in all the new Springsteen love. It’s nice.

yea im not sure how this kicked into high gear lately. I've always loved springsteen. Perhaps it was that live bootleg and the missing of the last tour that reminded me just how incredible he is. The Broadway special as well...

Is till think his first two albums generally suck though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 19712
Location: Seattle, WA
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:25 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?

Hmm. No idea how you might react to him. Definitely not hip or cool. He's just the boss. For a reason.

I'd definitely do a playlist for you though :P


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:27 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25776
Location: the beach
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?

Hmm. No idea how you might react to him. Definitely not hip or cool. He's just the boss. For a reason.

I'd definitely do a playlist for you though :P

he's that guy that plays a butterscotch telecaster, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 11:31 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38409
Location: Mountains
doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?

Hmm. No idea how you might react to him. Definitely not hip or cool. He's just the boss. For a reason.

I'd definitely do a playlist for you though :P

he's that guy that plays a butterscotch telecaster, right?

its actually a "partscaster" made from various different types. but..... 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19062
Location: Mizzou
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?


Really can't go wrong with any album between Born to Run and Born in the USA or even Tunnel of Love if you're so inclined. I would start at Born to Run.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 7031
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?


Really can't go wrong with any album between Born to Run and Born in the USA or even Tunnel of Love if you're so inclined. I would start at Born to Run.

yeah I would say Born to Run then Darkness to get a foundation. then jump around depending on what looks interesting to you.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 19062
Location: Mizzou
evenslow wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i've honestly never listened to that much Springsteen. where would one start?


Really can't go wrong with any album between Born to Run and Born in the USA or even Tunnel of Love if you're so inclined. I would start at Born to Run.

yeah I would say Born to Run then Darkness to get a foundation. then jump around depending on what looks interesting to you.


It is an elite one-two punch. Each informs the other.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 1001
Yeah, I think Born to Run and Darkness are the two best, but as immediate the impact can be listening to The River, it really grew on me more over time and I have become more fascinated with it over the years after reading his biography and autobiography.

I would start myself with a live show like Hammerstein. I think live is where his music really flourishes, especially because some of the albums suffer from weird production and on Bruce’s part obsessive control over the sound. I always felt Bruce was at his best when he just let it go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 19712
Location: Seattle, WA
liebzz wrote:
Yeah, I think Born to Run and Darkness are the two best, but as immediate the impact can be listening to The River, it really grew on me more over time and I have become more fascinated with it over the years after reading his biography and autobiography.

I would start myself with a live show like Hammerstein. I think live is where his music really flourishes, especially because some of the albums suffer from weird production and on Bruce’s part obsessive control over the sound. I always felt Bruce was at his best when he just let it go.


The original Pearl Jam??


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bruce Springsteen
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2019 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sun February 24, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 371
I think Darkness is overrated. Some of his best stuff on there but also some very average.

The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle has what I might call the best back to back songs on any album: Incident on 57th Street and Rosalita.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: meatwad and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed June 19, 2019 9:39 pm