The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rolling Fuckin' Stones
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2013 11:41 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
So, if you could only pick one Stones album to listen to for the rest of time, which one would it be? I know it's a stupid question, just... come on.

Exile. There are those late nights when you're down in your cups that Exile is just made for. Sides 2 and 4 are perfection in their own way.

PostPosted: Sat June 01, 2013 7:14 pm 
The Master

saw these guys play tuesday night, so checked that off my bucket list 8-)

PostPosted: Sun June 02, 2013 1:12 am 
jeeeesus relax already

spike wrote:

Nice.
I want to see them again, even if i know im not going to get something "new" from them.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 7:21 pm 
AnalLog

I've got tickets to see them this Sunday as it's also a bit of a bucket list thing for me. That being said, we were kinda looking to sell them to see what we could get but they're so over-priced they haven't even sold out.

Looks like I just have to enjoy those $600 seats!

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 9:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

i love torn n frayed and dead flowers, but the more i listen the more i realize moonlight mile is their best work

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 9:40 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

i got bugs wrote:
i love torn n frayed and dead flowers, but the more i listen the more i realize moonlight mile is their best work

Yes on all three, and to add...Gimme Shelter, Let It Bleed, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sway, Let It Loose, Shine a Light, Tumbling Dice. And pretty much everything else on Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile.

PostPosted: Tue June 04, 2013 11:48 pm 
The Master

southp wrote:
I've got tickets to see them this Sunday as it's also a bit of a bucket list thing for me. That being said, we were kinda looking to sell them to see what we could get but they're so over-priced they haven't even sold out.

Looks like I just have to enjoy those $600 seats!

holy shit you paid $600/ticket?

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 12:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:

I crossed them off my list in 1981..tattoo you tour..man I'm old

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 12:15 am 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:

50 & counting?

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 12:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:

50 & counting?

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 10:49 am 
Posting (live)

Gods' Die wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Yes on all three, and to add...Gimme Shelter, Let It Bleed, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sway, Let It Loose, Shine a Light, Tumbling Dice. And pretty much everything else on Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile.

:thumbsup: Sway and Moonlight Mile are perfect. And the interplay on Bitch is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 3:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

LetMeSleep wrote:
Gods' Die wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

:thumbsup: Sway and Moonlight Mile are perfect. And the interplay on Bitch is amazing.

Mick Fuckin' Taylor!

PostPosted: Wed June 05, 2013 4:40 pm 

darth_vedder wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
Gods' Die wrote:
i got bugs wrote:

Mick Fuckin' Taylor!

Mick Fuckin' Taylor on every Stones song he played on.

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 2:40 pm 
AnalLog

Experienced my first Stones concert last night here in Montreal. I was expecting to walk away thinking "now I scratched that off my list", but truly it was a fantastic concert. I went in with the typical nostalgia-act cynicism but walked out wondering if I had just seen one of the greatest concerts of my life (and I've seen 'em all).

Highlights for me were Dead Flowers, Last Time (with Arcade Fire singer), Midnight Rambler and Brown Sugar. However what made the night a little extra special was our unexpected front row spot next to the tongue pit. Our actual seats were on the floor about 20 rows back and in the aisle. A few songs into the show the guys in front of us were causing problems and the security guard could see that (my stones obsessed) girlfriend was getting pissed at them. The guard gave her a little wave to come with him and set us up right at the front rail so we had Mick strutting his stuff just 3 feet away from us for the rest of the show. It definitely added something special to an already extraordinary experience. We thanked that security guard profusely when the lights came up at the end of the show.

All in all, I have to say that Mick Jagger is clearly the ultimate rock 'n roll front man. He keeps the whole thing going and whatever you lose in musicality from the band, they make up for with Mick's energy. Amazing.

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 4:38 pm 

southp wrote:
Experienced my first Stones concert last night here in Montreal. I was expecting to walk away thinking "now I scratched that off my list", but truly it was a fantastic concert. I went in with the typical nostalgia-act cynicism but walked out wondering if I had just seen one of the greatest concerts of my life (and I've seen 'em all).

Highlights for me were Dead Flowers, Last Time (with Arcade Fire singer), Midnight Rambler and Brown Sugar. However what made the night a little extra special was our unexpected front row spot next to the tongue pit. Our actual seats were on the floor about 20 rows back and in the aisle. A few songs into the show the guys in front of us were causing problems and the security guard could see that (my stones obsessed) girlfriend was getting pissed at them. The guard gave her a little wave to come with him and set us up right at the front rail so we had Mick strutting his stuff just 3 feet away from us for the rest of the show. It definitely added something special to an already extraordinary experience. We thanked that security guard profusely when the lights came up at the end of the show.

All in all, I have to say that Mick Jagger is clearly the ultimate rock 'n roll front man. He keeps the whole thing going and whatever you lose in musicality from the band, they make up for with Mick's energy. Amazing.

I saw em in 06 before I was really into them...at the time was digging 40 Licks disc 1 quite a bit and it was perfect for the concert, which was the first real big-time concert I'd gone to at that point. I fucking loved it; it was really fantastic. After that, based on my internet findings that Beggars through Exile was their peak I downloaded those records and based on those records now the Stones are one of my favorite bands of all time and Exile is my favorite record by any artist.

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 4:49 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

southp wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 4:50 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I kinda wish Mick would stop jumping around and just sing. He's been shouting the songs since 1980.

Last edited by bada on Mon June 10, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 4:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bada wrote:
I kinda wish Mick would stop jumping around and just sing. He's been shouting the songs since 1980.

What's worse? Mick's jumping or Ed's warble?

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 4:53 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

darth_vedder wrote:
bada wrote:

What's worse? Mick's jumping or Ed's warble?

stumped....

PostPosted: Mon June 10, 2013 5:38 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

surfndestroy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
So, if you could only pick one Stones album to listen to for the rest of time, which one would it be? I know it's a stupid question, just... come on.

Exile. There are those late nights when you're down in your cups that Exile is just made for. Sides 2 and 4 are perfection in their own way.

on stage the band has got problems
they're a bag of nerves on first nights

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands