Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: sometimes it's nice to listen to phish

Thu January 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Oh he was talking about the album not the song. Carry on

Thu January 05, 2017 9:57 pm

I was, I really like the song tho

Fri January 06, 2017 5:58 pm

i got bugs wrote:I think fuego is underrated

The beginning of undermined too

i've always really enjoyed 'the connection' on undermind and i've always been surprised they haven't played that one very much. i definitely agree the first half of that album is pretty good, and only scents and subtle sounds on the back half does anything for me.

Fri January 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Live Phish is great to listen to, their studio albums are a mixed bag. I love The Story of the Ghost it has some great production, Billy Breathes is good as well but the other ones are meh. Anyone listen to their new album?

Fri January 06, 2017 11:06 pm

yeah. i think big boat has some interesting stuff on there (and bob ezrin produced records usually do) but i don't think it will be a favorite, and would rate it lower than fuego. the strongest tracks (imo) are the ones that had been around a couple years like 'blaze on' and 'no men in no mans land', and though it seems to be hated by a majority of fans i also like 'i always wanted it that way', musically anyway. i was really hoping 'how many people are you?' would make the record, i like that song a lot. alas.

Sat July 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Very interested to see how these 13 shows at MSG pan out. Since they're playing them in groups of 2 and 3, I imagine they'll treat them like mini-runs. Nice to see Seven Below on last night's setlist.

Sat July 22, 2017 6:24 pm

I would rather listen to Linkin Park and Cornell's Scream album before listening to fucking Phish. At least those songs end.

Sat July 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Never change, Jammer.

Wed July 26, 2017 5:24 pm

last night, show 4 of the baker's dozen with a theme of 'jam filled donut', yielded this:

Sample In A Jar (10:21)
Lawn Boy (29:59)
My Friend, My Friend (11:39)
Stash (11:22)
Bathtub Gin (13:09)

Fuego (19:24)
Thread (6:58)
Crosseyed And Painless (33:06)
Makisupa Policeman (4:15)
End Of Session (3:30) (the live debut of the 18-year old 'Story of the Ghost' track)
Tuesday (7:00)
Cavern (5:45)

Julius (8:54)
Lawn Boy (1:53)

Wed July 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Man, I'm just too old for 30 minute jams anymore. I get bored.

Wed July 26, 2017 5:33 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Man, I'm just too old for 30 minute jams anymore. I get bored.

I'm with you on this one. I actually enjoy Phish's albums more than their live output. I haven't heard Fuego yet and never bought Joy. I liked everything else, though. Ghost is probably my favorite, but I do also quite enjoy Junta.

Thu July 27, 2017 2:10 am

My buddy was there, said lawn boy was insane

I kinda wanna go to one before this run is over

Thu July 27, 2017 2:25 am

20-to-30 minute Phish songs aren't really my bag, either. Give me a nice solid 7-9 minute version and I am so there.

I'm pretty psyched to hear these MSG boots with the number of Round Room songs they've played so far.

Thu August 31, 2017 12:42 am

A Live One is getting a vinyl edition in October if you're into that.

Thu August 31, 2017 12:43 am

i am into that.

Thu August 31, 2017 12:51 am

AndySlash wrote:i am into that.

It's popping up at various online retailers and appears to be quite limited. I pre-ordered from Bullmoose this morning but they're no longer taking pre-orders: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25744774/phi ... s-download

You can try here, and I'll post any other offers I see: https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/produc ... 09-29-2017

Thu August 31, 2017 5:16 pm

amazon has it up now at $100. i don't think it'll be hard to find. guessing there will be a phish.com or indie type variant that bullmoose would have and regular ol' black that amazon and the like will have. hopefully i can get it locally.

we're getting into the stretch of records fans really want - billy breathes, story of the ghost, and farmhouse. hopefully they do slip, stitch, and pass, too, as that was a good live record as well.

Sat March 03, 2018 2:23 pm

A supposedly leaked copy of this year's Record Store Day list came out yesterday and Billy Breathes is on it.

Mon July 23, 2018 6:45 am

I only recently got into following Phish setlists like I've always done with Pearl Jam. It's nice that you can listen to a show the next day if it really piques your interest.

Really looking forward to hearing tonight's second set/encore: Crosseyed and Painless > Twist > Waves > Miss You, Fluffhead > Split Open and Melt; Encore: Wilson

Mon July 23, 2018 3:13 pm

I"ll be seeing these guys on Friday at the Forum. Used to catch a lot of Phish shows but haven't seen them in 18 years.

Will be interesting to see how they've changed since then
Post a reply