Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: sometimes it's nice to listen to phish

Wed April 15, 2020 4:55 pm

lol

Fri April 17, 2020 2:01 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Fuck, I’m sampling Joy and this sounds really good too what’s happeningggggggg

We want you to be happy
Don't live inside the gloom
We want you to be happy
Come step outside your room
We want you to be happy
Cause this is your song too

Tue July 28, 2020 12:02 pm

A Look Back At The Phish Baker’s Dozen Residency

Across 13 nights — from July 21 to August 6, 2017 — the Vermont jam band performed 237 distinct songs without repetition, with each night taking on a specific donut-flavored theme.

This is still pretty mind-boggling to me.

Tue July 28, 2020 6:04 pm

The new archival release from last week is real good.

Fri July 31, 2020 1:33 pm

I didn’t listen as Trey Anastasio releases songs over the last few months so I am looking forward to hearing it all for the first time in the album.

Fri August 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Here's another (and this is one of my favorite Phish songs!):

In the Gamehendge story, Wilson is a traveler from another land who arrives in Gamehendge looking to take over the entire land from the largely communist Lizards. Mighty lofty ambition for a single person, you may say, but these Lizards are pretty stupid. Wilson realizes that the Lizards rely almost entirely on the Helping Friendly Book, a single, mystical volume given to them by their god, Icculus, and that contains all of the knowledge inherent in the universe. Wilson is a keen thinker, and he steals the book, putting the Lizards at his mercy. He swings his heavy, domineering hand in vicious, sadistic circles over the entire land of Gamehendge. He tears down a huge chunk of the forest and builds an immense, glowering castle, naming the city that encircles it Prussia. He enslaves the Lizards both physically and mentally, and maintains this control by stowing the Helping Friendly Book in the highest tower of his new castle. At one point, Wilson hangs a young revolutionary for treason. This young rebel was Roger, the son of Errand Woolf, the leader of the rebellion against Wilson. The song "Wilson” is sung (read: angrily yelled) from the viewpoint of Errand Woolf, in a fit of rage at the rebel camp, shaking his tightly closed fist at Wilson’s castle looming in the distance.

So if anyone wants to get weird, today Phish released their latest archival release, a show from Great Woods from 1994. The first set includes nearly the entire Gamehendge saga, which includes almost all of the mythology referred to in the summary above. I'm very excited to throw this one on tonight.

https://www.livephish.com/browse/music/ ... nsfield-MA

Sat August 22, 2020 12:53 pm

I am going to want to give Phish the same treatment I am giving Grateful Dead, but that’s a later goal. I still have 17 years of Dead shows to get through, and after that I will probably want to take a break in between.

Sun October 25, 2020 12:08 am

Anyone checking out Trey's Friday night Beacon Jams? The first 3 have been great.

Sun October 25, 2020 12:39 am

I listened to Lonely Trip the other day and really liked it. Maybe not as much as Sigma Oasis but that’s a real solid 2/2 for 2020. Add last years Ghosts of the Forest and Trey is on fire right now.

Fri February 05, 2021 1:26 am

I'm listening to a bunch of '94 shows, and these 45-minute Tweezers are sooooomething.

Fri February 05, 2021 2:02 am

any idea if this band still records + masters analog? Is it worth tracking down Sigma Oasis on vinyl?

Fri February 05, 2021 3:45 am

It's Phish, so no

Fri February 05, 2021 3:46 am

Ruddo

Fri February 05, 2021 3:46 am

Why Fuego

Wed July 28, 2021 8:11 pm

Excited to follow the tour from my couch starting tonight!

I had been listening to a bunch of '99 shows, and these shows were great:

PHISH, THURSDAY 12/02/1999
THE PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Auburn Hills, MI
SET 1: Runaway Jim, Farmhouse[1], Heavy Things, Roggae, Run Like an Antelope, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar > Free, The Squirming Coil

SET 2: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Gotta Jibboo, Bathtub Gin -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > You Enjoy Myself[2] -> The Little Drummer Boy[3]

ENCORE: Bold As Love

Wed July 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Excited to follow the tour from my couch starting tonight!

Auburn Hills, MI
SET 1: Runaway Jim, Farmhouse[1], Heavy Things, Roggae, Run Like an Antelope, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar > Free, The Squirming Coil

SET 2: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Gotta Jibboo, Bathtub Gin -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > You Enjoy Myself[2] -> The Little Drummer Boy[3]

Did you pony-up for the full tour webcast package?

Wed July 28, 2021 10:27 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:

Auburn Hills, MI

lol no way, I'll just download each show the day after and listen along.

Wed July 28, 2021 10:32 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:

Auburn Hills, MI

lol no way, I'll just download each show the day after and listen along.

:thumbsup:
I need to snag the Tedeschi Trucks +Trey Lock'n set, I only have the video but it's such a stellar document.

Wed December 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Phish Announces New Year’s Eve 2021 Livestream Presented By Phish Radio & SiriusXM
The band will perform three sets live without an audience from “The Ninth Cube.”

Closing up shop at 6pm on Friday, may throw this on for the evening.

Wed December 29, 2021 1:47 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:Phish Announces New Year’s Eve 2021 Livestream Presented By Phish Radio & SiriusXM
The band will perform three sets live without an audience from “The Ninth Cube.”

Closing up shop at 6pm on Friday, may throw this on for the evening.

Yeah, could be fun! It'd be a nice time to release a classic NYE set, too.
Post a reply