Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /

Wed August 15, 2018 7:33 pm

someone got a crappy audio recording of Daughter through the cell phone bag. love the video :haha:

Wed August 15, 2018 7:45 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:would have been a fun show, but i refuse to go to shows in that venue. it's so bad. oh well. cover of Daughter would have been cool to hear

This was my first show there. I had avoided it after hearing how bad it is, but Jack at the Paramount in 2014 was one of the best shows I've seen, so I figured it was worth the risk. My office is about 4 blocks away, so I was able to keep an eye on the line, and lined up early enough so that I was able to get a spot on the rail (after spending the afternoon working remotely from the sidewalk). Being right up front wasn't bad at all.

That said, I imagine the sound would have been terrible had I been farther back. It's just a big concrete box with curtains randomly distributed throughout. It's too bad there isn't an alternative 5,000 to 7,000 capacity venue in Seattle.

Mon October 08, 2018 5:32 pm

YES!

https://www.stereogum.com/2017867/songs ... kage/news/

We don’t yet know the titles of those songs, but the Third Man website claims that the songs come “from recent sessions that will ultimately result in a new Raconteurs album in 2019.”

Mon October 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Strat wrote:YES!

https://www.stereogum.com/2017867/songs ... kage/news/

We don’t yet know the titles of those songs, but the Third Man website claims that the songs come “from recent sessions that will ultimately result in a new Raconteurs album in 2019.”

:hooray:

Mon October 08, 2018 8:54 pm

The Raconteurs is by far my favorite thing that JW is involved with

Thu December 20, 2018 7:21 am

The two new songs are pretty good. Too bad the album won't be out until next year.

Sat December 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Hell yeah Jacks making awesome music again, faith restored

Fri April 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Hey gip is nice

Sat April 27, 2019 1:44 am

Sat June 22, 2019 2:33 pm

new Raconteurs álbum released

sounds good

Sat June 22, 2019 2:36 pm

I'm not super blown away by it. The production is fine. But it's a mediocre record. Though I do like the final run of songs. The album ends really strongly.

Sun June 23, 2019 12:47 am

Really enjoying this so far (about halfway through). Surprisingly, in spite of the extended break, it comes off as a much more "band" sounding record and not so A/B as the other two records. As if 10 years off gave Brendan and Jack a different perspective on the project. Such a great band that sounds much more like a relaxed unit. Somedays (I Don't Feel Like Trying) is playing right now and it's magnificent. :luv:

Sun June 23, 2019 12:53 am

durdencommatyler wrote:it's a mediocre record

Maybe it's the weed I'm smoking, but I'm not sure we're listening to the same album durden. This thing is solid!

Sun June 23, 2019 2:02 am

meatwad wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:it's a mediocre record

Maybe it's the weed I'm smoking, but I'm not sure we're listening to the same album durden. This thing is solid!

:lol:

Maybe I need to get high

Sun June 23, 2019 5:32 am

Today I discovered that I got a jack white album for Christmas that I apparently and obviously never took out of its wrapper and played.

I thought this ironic since earlier I saw the jack white thread bumped on here

I listened to it once through, although not really because some songs I could not listen to one second more and, went onto the next....

When it was done I thought about donating it--"boardinghouse" to the salvation army or taking it to the consignment shop. But then I thought that wouldnt be right because it would be like donating a piece of shit to someone who might mistake it for music, and thats not right.

So then i was just thinking that maybe I could make an announcement on RM that I would give the album to anyone who wanted it for the cost of shipping. At least if someone on here wanted it, they would at least be somewhat of an informed recipient.

So , anyone want this boardinghouse album for the price of shipping? I still have the wrapper with the 29.99 price tag.

Haha-- boarding house "reach" ...that ain't no shit...

Sun June 23, 2019 8:53 am

I like that Somedays song, and the drummer for this band

Sun June 23, 2019 4:58 pm

knee tunes wrote:Today I discovered that I got a jack white album for Christmas that I apparently and obviously never took out of its wrapper and played.

I listened to it once through, although not really because some songs I could not listen to one second more and, went onto the next....

When it was done I thought about donating it--"boardinghouse" to the salvation army or taking it to the consignment shop. But then I thought that wouldnt be right because it would be like donating a piece of shit to someone who might mistake it for music, and thats not right.

So then i was just thinking that maybe I could make an announcement on RM that I would give the album to anyone who wanted it for the cost of shipping. At least if someone on here wanted it, they would at least be somewhat of an informed recipient.

So , anyone want this boardinghouse album for the price of shipping? I still have the wrapper with the 29.99 price tag.

:lol:

I genuinely love that record.

Sun June 23, 2019 6:30 pm

knee tunes wrote:Today I discovered that I got a jack white album for Christmas that I apparently and obviously never took out of its wrapper and played.

This just sullies my online one-side love affair I have with you. That was my album of the year.

Sun June 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Boardinghouse reach is a pile of total garbage

Sun June 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Bhr sucks so bad but the new racs is great, especially the end half
Post a reply