Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /

Tue April 17, 2018 7:32 pm

i enjoyed the SNL performance. Over And Over is my favorite track off the album, thus i liked it much more than Connected By Love. that performance felt LOUD. kinda dug that compared to SNL's propensity to make musical performances sound completely anemic.

Tue April 17, 2018 7:35 pm

I don't get the Connected By Love hate.

Tue April 17, 2018 7:37 pm

i don't necessarily dislike it, i just like a lot of other songs more. i get it though... especially being the first track, it's the only song that connects his previous album(s) to this one.

Tue April 17, 2018 7:45 pm

It's better than anything on Lazaretto, though.

Tue April 17, 2018 7:47 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:It's better than anything on Lazaretto, though.

oh 100% agreed

Thu April 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Digging the weirdness of the new album. Probably not as much as you, Joey, but still. Way to keep it fresh.

Thu April 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Over and Over and Over is my initial favorite. Let's see if that holds up.

Thu April 19, 2018 11:23 pm

https://www.theonion.com/supreme-court-agrees-to-hear-new-jack-white-album-1825391171

Thu April 19, 2018 11:24 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:https://www.theonion.com/supreme-court-agrees-to-hear-new-jack-white-album-1825391171

:haha:

Fri July 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I was sorted interested in how exactly Seven Nation Army became so tied to Soccer. In Italy it's called the Po Po Po Song.

How a White Stripes song became the biggest soccer anthem of all time

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/blog/how-a-w ... -1.4733900

Fri July 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Doesn't Ohio State use it as well?

Tue August 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Jack played WaMu Theater in Seattle last night (half a block from Safeco Field). Great, great show, including an unexpected cover of Daughter. He's doing these shows without set lists, and it was pretty cool to watch him call out the songs and essentially conduct the band. And, the no cellphone approach was great. Totally seamless process in terms of getting phones locked into and out of the Yonder bags, and it seemed like the audience was more engaged than the past few shows I've been to.

Wed August 15, 2018 3:25 am

andyaley wrote:Jack played WaMu Theater in Seattle last night (half a block from Safeco Field). Great, great show, including an unexpected cover of Daughter. He's doing these shows without set lists, and it was pretty cool to watch him call out the songs and essentially conduct the band. And, the no cellphone approach was great. Totally seamless process in terms of getting phones locked into and out of the Yonder bags, and it seemed like the audience was more engaged than the past few shows I've been to.

:heartbeat:

Wed August 15, 2018 4:05 am

Saw him Sunday in Vancouver and have to say that every show should be no phone shows.

Wed August 15, 2018 5:37 am

For any fan of Jack, the last episode of Revisionist History podcast season 3 is a must listen

Wed August 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Wed August 15, 2018 5:41 pm

The band doesn't seem to know the song that well. A few bungled chord changes coming into and out of the chorus

Wed August 15, 2018 5:42 pm

i thought it sounded good. Really cool to be there and saw that live.

Wed August 15, 2018 5:46 pm

theplatypus wrote:The band doesn't seem to know the song that well. A few bungled chord changes coming into and out of the chorus

It seemed very impromptu, but Jack had a big smile on his face and the audience was into it. Definitely a cool moment, especially after being there for Eddie's cover of We're Going to Be Friends at the Wednesday Safeco show (and missing Daughter / WMA / It's Ok on Friday because I picked the wrong show!).

Wed August 15, 2018 7:31 pm

andyaley wrote:Jack played WaMu Theater in Seattle last night (half a block from Safeco Field). Great, great show, including an unexpected cover of Daughter. He's doing these shows without set lists, and it was pretty cool to watch him call out the songs and essentially conduct the band. And, the no cellphone approach was great. Totally seamless process in terms of getting phones locked into and out of the Yonder bags, and it seemed like the audience was more engaged than the past few shows I've been to.

would have been a fun show, but i refuse to go to shows in that venue. it's so bad. oh well. cover of Daughter would have been cool to hear
Post a reply