The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs / etc
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17737
Location: Seattle, WA
Haven't watched the entire thing (74 minutes), but the parts I have watched are very choice in terms of insight into what makes Jack White tick. Pretty interesting to see a guy trying to be an artist and not your everyday rock musician.

http://teamcoco.com/video/serious-jibber-jabber-04-jack-white


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34234
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
thats a great interview.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
Wont say i was disappointed when i saw him live a few months ago because i wasnt, he puts on an excelent show (unless u see him the first night at radio city music hall) but i dont know if ill try to see him live again, his sound is so harsh on the ears, ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Wont say i was disappointed when i saw him live a few months ago because i wasnt, he puts on an excelent show (unless u see him the first night at radio city music hall) but i dont know if ill try to see him live again, his sound is so harsh on the ears, ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.

:wave:

I'll see him again. So help me, I'll see him again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
durdencommatyler wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Wont say i was disappointed when i saw him live a few months ago because i wasnt, he puts on an excelent show (unless u see him the first night at radio city music hall) but i dont know if ill try to see him live again, his sound is so harsh on the ears, ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.

:wave:

I'll see him again. So help me, I'll see him again.


You were at that first night? Did u go to night 2 that one seemed to be a pretty good show, even though the review sounded like he was still in a bad mood


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17737
Location: Seattle, WA
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.


http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=443


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Wont say i was disappointed when i saw him live a few months ago because i wasnt, he puts on an excelent show (unless u see him the first night at radio city music hall) but i dont know if ill try to see him live again, his sound is so harsh on the ears, ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.

:wave:

I'll see him again. So help me, I'll see him again.


You were at that first night? Did u go to night 2 that one seemed to be a pretty good show, even though the review sounded like he was still in a bad mood

No, I couldn't go to night 2. That was my anniversary. But I knew people who were there. They said he flew through the setlist w/ zero banter. But, people got a "full set."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
bodysnatcher wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
ive never had the ringing and soreness in my ears from a show before, and i cant see wearing earplugs to a show.


http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=443



You saying they will do the same to your ears? we saw a bit of their set at bonnaroo this past year but were far enough away that it wasnt too loud


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 2023
Location: Australia
I really dug the Vault reissues of White Stripes shows. That first ever show LP was so good. You could hear all the elements for everything they ever did in that first performance.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11809
Seriously, wear earplugs. Protect your ears.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Fuzzcharger wrote:
I really dug the Vault reissues of White Stripes shows. That first ever show LP was so good. You could hear all the elements for everything they ever did in that first performance.

I want to go to there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
Birds in Hell wrote:
Seriously, wear earplugs. Protect your ears.

I just dont think i would like ear plugs, i want the volume, but jack likes that screachy sound that hurts


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Jack White is the second loudest concert I've ever been to. The dude gets LOUD.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34234
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
durdencommatyler wrote:
Jack White is the second loudest concert I've ever been to. The dude gets LOUD.

yeah. being front row at a Dead Weather festival gig probably damaged my ears a bit.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
BurtReynolds wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Jack White is the second loudest concert I've ever been to. The dude gets LOUD.

yeah. being front row at a Dead Weather festival gig probably damaged my ears a bit.

Man. But I bet it was awesome...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
durdencommatyler wrote:
Jack White is the second loudest concert I've ever been to. The dude gets LOUD.


What was the first? I think jack is the loudest for me, but he is for sure the loudest in the last year or 2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Jack White is the second loudest concert I've ever been to. The dude gets LOUD.


What was the first? I think jack is the loudest for me, but he is for sure the loudest in the last year or 2

I saw Ryan Adams. In an outdoor venue. From the 15th row. And it nearly killed me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11809
I found Soundgarden borderline painful last year, even with plugs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Birds in Hell wrote:
I found Soundgarden borderline painful last year, even with plugs.

How were they otherwise?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack White / White Stripes / Dead Weather / Raconteurs /
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11809
durdencommatyler wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I found Soundgarden borderline painful last year, even with plugs.

How were they otherwise?

Awesome!

Sounded great, musically. Just way too loud.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon October 15, 2018 5:22 pm