The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 12:55 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30852
Location: Mountains
Fucking frenchie


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
VinylGuy wrote:
Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
The first batch of songs are really impressive. They sound amazing.

first batch?

whole album is out, breh.


I was saying the first group of songs from the album.

That still doesnt make sense.


Goddamn, from song 1 to 6. IS THAT OK?


What about song 7?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3705
Location: Chile
I'll Still Destroy you through Dark Side of the Gym is a perfect set of songs.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 1996
I liked 1 or 2 songs off the last album, but these guys are basically the nickleback of that drone voice indie rock or whatever boring type music they do


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9953
Location: Mizzou
i got bugs wrote:
I liked 1 or 2 songs off the last album, but these guys are basically the nickleback of that drone voice indie rock or whatever boring type music they do


Hot take.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 1:10 am
Posts: 2155
Their best since Boxer sounds right to me, at least at the moment. The last half of this record, from Empire Line on, may be my favorite stretch of music they've ever done. And Nobody Else Will Be There surprised me by being a highlight of the record.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11976
Its such a good album. Im loving it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27217
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
VinylGuy wrote:
Its such a good album. Im loving it.

Which batch?

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 691
i think the album is awesome.

god bless the national.

and give me another el vy album thanks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 1996
Popped it in the other day on the way home and I'm pretty pumped I didn't fall asleep at the wheel


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 4:34 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30852
Location: Mountains
Now, i like the song, but "Day I Die" has a very Kings of Leon vibe to it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7566
Location: Not NYC
given2trade wrote:
i think the album is awesome.

god bless the national.

and give me another el vy album thanks.

:heartbeat:

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Mon September 11, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7566
Location: Not NYC
i got bugs wrote:
I liked 1 or 2 songs off the last album, but these guys are basically the nickleback of that drone voice indie rock or whatever boring type music they do

Haha you're fucking dumb.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 580
I got 2 copies for buying tix to the show in dec.
I ordered 1 digital, 1 vinyl. with the vinyl (which is white and sounds fabulous) came another coupon for a download. pretty generous...

and right now I love this record. it could have been 11 songs, leaving out sleep well beast.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8179
Location: An office full of assholes
BDB wrote:
I got 2 copies for buying tix to the show in dec.
I ordered 1 digital, 1 vinyl. with the vinyl (which is white and sounds fabulous) came another coupon for a download. pretty generous...

and right now I love this record. it could have been 11 songs, leaving out sleep well beast.

so you bought the vinyl for $22, right? or am i missing something on my end?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 580
Chris_H_2 wrote:
BDB wrote:
I got 2 copies for buying tix to the show in dec.
I ordered 1 digital, 1 vinyl. with the vinyl (which is white and sounds fabulous) came another coupon for a download. pretty generous...

and right now I love this record. it could have been 11 songs, leaving out sleep well beast.

so you bought the vinyl for $22, right? or am i missing something on my end?


yeah I think there was an upcharge for the vinyl, but I thought it was less than $22, but cannot remember.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Earth
This is my ranking right now. I've probably listened to the entire album 10 times or more since Friday. I love it (except Turtleneck, which seems like a B-side to me but who knows how I'll feel a week from now).

The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness
Day I Die
I'll Still Destroy You
Nobody Else Will Be There
Dark Side of the Gym
Empire Line
Guilty Party
Carin at the Liquor Store
Born to Beg
Sleep Well Beast
Walk it Back
Turtleneck


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12314
Location: Cumberland, RI
j's brain wrote:
This is my ranking right now. I've probably listened to the entire album 10 times or more since Friday. I love it (except Turtleneck, which seems like a B-side to me but who knows how I'll feel a week from now).

The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness
Day I Die
I'll Still Destroy You
Nobody Else Will Be There
Dark Side of the Gym
Empire Line
Guilty Party
Carin at the Liquor Store
Born to Beg
Sleep Well Beast
Walk it Back
Turtleneck


My rankings would be very similar, I think! Except maybe Guilty Party should be higher.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Tue September 12, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28897
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Strat wrote:
Now, i like the song, but "Day I Die" has a very Kings of Leon vibe to it

I thought so too

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The National
PostPosted: Wed September 13, 2017 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8179
Location: An office full of assholes
"There's a line that goes all the way from my childhood to you." - Empire Line

I think that may be in the early running for my favorite lyric on this album.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: E.H. Ruddock and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri November 24, 2017 2:58 pm