Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

belle and sebastian

Sat January 03, 2015 7:37 pm

it's been a few years since i really listened to them, but something about this rainy day made me want to break them out again....i almost forgot how much i love push barman

i fully expect this thread to reach page 2 by the end of the year

Re: belle and sebastian

Sat January 03, 2015 8:06 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:it's been a few years since i really listened to them, but something about this rainy day made me want to break them out again....i almost forgot how much i love push barman

New album in a couple weeks. I enjoy what I have heard from them. Good stuff.

Sat January 03, 2015 8:10 pm

BigRedLedbetter wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:it's been a few years since i really listened to them, but something about this rainy day made me want to break them out again....i almost forgot how much i love push barman

what belle and sebastian song would be appropriate entrance music for the below professional wrestlers:

tatanka
billy kidman
damien sandow

Sat January 03, 2015 8:17 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BigRedLedbetter wrote:

what belle and sebastian would be appropriate entrance music for the below professional wrestlers:

tatanka
billy kidman
damien sandow

Tatanka- I'm not living in the real world
Kidman- I'm a cuckoo
Sandow- Lucifer Sam (Floyd cover)

Sat January 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Sat January 03, 2015 8:36 pm

spike wrote:

Cam Neely!

Mon January 05, 2015 10:08 am

I kind of fell out with B&S after Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Great depth of catalogue but never a complete release to satisfy me. Sometimes they were too twee and it just felt forced. My favs are mostly Bsides like Desperation Made A Fool Of Me or Take That Carriage Clock or Jonathan David. Arab Strap is probably the best album for me.

Saw them live in maybe 2005 and it was great. Not sure if I need to see them again though.

Mon January 05, 2015 5:37 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:I kind of fell out with B&S after Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Great depth of catalogue but never a complete release to satisfy me. Sometimes they were too twee and it just felt forced. My favs are mostly Bsides like Desperation Made A Fool Of Me or Take That Carriage Clock or Jonathan David. Arab Strap is probably the best album for me.

Saw them live in maybe 2005 and it was great. Not sure if I need to see them again though.

the boy with the arab strap, if you're feeling sinister, dear catastrophe waitress, and push barman are all top notch to me (a few songs here or there i don't care for, but nothing to bring down each album)...the rest are very hit or miss

Mon January 05, 2015 5:40 pm

it seems only fitting that lenny underestimates the value of the life pursuit

Mon January 05, 2015 5:42 pm

If they ever institute a board narrator I hope it's you, Alex.

Mon January 05, 2015 5:42 pm

words in hell

Mon January 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Eh, maybe not actually.

Mon January 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Alex wrote:it seems only fitting that lenny underestimates the value of the life pursuit

i'd put it right behind the four i listed...i like the album, but do not love it

name 5 b&s songs that you truly enjoy, al

Mon January 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Alex wrote:it seems only fitting that lenny underestimates the value of the life pursuit

i'd put it right behind the four i listed...i like the album, but do not love it

when?

Mon January 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Alex wrote:

when?

in a few minutes

Mon January 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Alex wrote:

when?

in a few minutes

ok, just let me know when you're ready

Mon January 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Alex wrote:
Alex wrote:

when?

in a few minutes

actually i'm ready go ahead

Mon January 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Alex wrote:
Alex wrote:

when?

in a few minutes

actually i'm ready go ahead

get me away from here i'm dying
the wrong girl
if she wants me
for the price of a cup of tea
step into my office, baby

Mon January 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Love B&S. Tigermilk through The Boy with the Arab Strap is an amazing stretch of music. Love Murdoch's lyrics, despite some of the religious overtones.

Mon January 05, 2015 6:42 pm

hey, t2b, do you believe in god? i don't think it's one of the two things you post about.
Post a reply