Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=505
Page 3 of 4

Author:  Will [ Mon April 15, 2013 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

I hope my tickets haven't been mailed yet for the May gig in DC, cause I can't find them for anything. :(

Author:  Will [ Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Solid set tonight in DC. I'm not a big fan of Conscience Killer. Its kinda middle of the road, but it fuckin' knocked the walls down with its intensity. Huge reaction from the crowd. Not a heavy set of newer material, but a nice retrospective mix, and as expected, stuff like Rival and Sell It that didn't really move me on the album sounded great live in front of an audience.

Lose Yourself closed. So goddamn awesome.

Image


Author:  Will [ Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

It might be the post-concert high, or it could just be all the beer, but its hard to think of another modern American band I dig more than these guys. Pearl Jam's always gonna be there, and I'll always hold Dave Grohl up there because of his connection to Virginia and the DC area, but those two bands aside, fuckin' BRMC, man.

They're so. Fucking. Great.

Author:  andynomore [ Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Will wrote:
It might be the post-concert high, or it could just be all the beer, but its hard to think of another modern American band I dig more than these guys. Pearl Jam's always gonna be there, and I'll always hold Dave Grohl up there because of his connection to Virginia and the DC area, but those two bands aside, fuckin' BRMC, man.

They're so. Fucking. Great.


Nope, you're right, the show was really great. I agree about Conscience Killer not being an impressive album track, but they blew the doors off Monday. White Palms was another highlight. Last year they played Awake followed by White Palms (if memory serves) and that was my only regret from the show; no Awake. Otherwise, A+.

Author:  Strat [ Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Im so horny for the show tonight!

Author:  Gods' Die [ Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

To me, "Stop" from their second album kinda sounds like early Oasis...and the beginning of "Shuffle Your Feet" from Howl sounds a lot like Alice in Chains. Thought that was kind of a strange couple of inspirations pulled in.

Author:  Strat [ Mon August 12, 2013 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

I'm so gay for these guys today.

Author:  psychobain [ Sat October 05, 2013 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Fire Walker is a beast

Author:  VinylGuy [ Sat October 05, 2013 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

is Howl their best album?

Author:  Soma. [ Sat October 05, 2013 7:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Yes.

Author:  psychobain [ Sat October 05, 2013 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

1)howl
2)take them on
3)self titled
4)specter
5)baby 81
6)tattoo


2-3 are tied

Author:  VinylGuy [ Sun October 06, 2013 12:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

saw them live in 2008, and they were tight.

Author:  Soma. [ Sun October 06, 2013 12:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

psychobain wrote:
1)howl
2)take them on
3)self titled
4)specter
5)baby 81
6)tattoo


2-3 are tied

:thumbsup:

Author:  tommymtcom [ Sun October 06, 2013 1:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

1. Self Titled
2. Howl
3. Tattoo
4. Specter
5. Take Them On
6. Baby 81

It's all pretty close, though. They don't really have a bad album.

Author:  Will [ Sun October 06, 2013 6:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Mike's wearing BRMC gear in those interviews. Future openers??? :heartbeat:

Author:  Gods' Die [ Sun October 06, 2013 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

VinylGuy wrote:
saw them live in 2008, and they were tight.


They play the same setlist every night of a tour.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Sun October 06, 2013 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Gods' Die wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
saw them live in 2008, and they were tight.


They play the same setlist every night of a tour.


I see. They were still pretty, pretty goood.

Author:  Gods' Die [ Sun October 06, 2013 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

VinylGuy wrote:
Gods' Die wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
saw them live in 2008, and they were tight.


They play the same setlist every night of a tour.


I see. They were still pretty, pretty goood.


I definitely enjoyed the show I went to, I was just saying. I wished I had known beforehand, woulda made my wife a playlist.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Sun October 06, 2013 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Gods' Die wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Gods' Die wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
saw them live in 2008, and they were tight.


They play the same setlist every night of a tour.


I see. They were still pretty, pretty goood.


I definitely enjoyed the show I went to, I was just saying. I wished I had known beforehand, woulda made my wife a playlist.


yeah, i didnt know most of the material they played. They are a cool band i keep forgetting about.

Author:  Charlie [ Thu October 17, 2013 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: BRMC - Specter At The Feast (March 19th 2013)

Saw them for the first time (yeah, i know) on Tuesday night. I arrived early and claimed a good spot on the front rail. Half way into their set, Robert Levon Been invited everyone to hop the rail and get that much closer. I'd post a pic, but I have no idea how...

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/