The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 188  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13890
Haven't seen anything on dime yet, hopefully soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 3:58 am 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7143
All told I think "Zero Chance" is my favorite Soundgarden song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Posts: 1505
wtfisaledbetter? wrote:
Wow they finally played Zero Chance? Amazing! That's probably my favorite song off DOTU. Does anyone know if these shows have been taped? I'm hoping some audience recordings pop up in the near future...


I was told by somebody pretty well-connected that almost every show this tour is being taped by multiple people. I'm surprised no recordings have showed up yet. I'm supposed to tape Portland. Hopefully that plan goes through.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
Vernon Reid going nuts over seeing Soundgarden live last night.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 2:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22214
zeb wrote:
Image



Badass. Plain and simple.

Setlist from NYC 2
Setlist:
1. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
2. Spoonman
3. Gun
4. Rhinosaur
5. Flower
6. Loud Love
7. Drawing Flies
8. Hunted Down
9. Live to Rise
10. Non-State Actor
11. My Wave
12. Been Away Too Long
13. Worse Dreams
14. Blow Up the Outside World
15. Zero Chance
16. Eyelid’s Mouth
17. Like Suicide
18. By Crooked Steps
19. Outshined
20. Blood on the Valley Floor
21. Fresh Tendrils
22. Mailman
23. Black Hole Sun
24. Rowing

Encore:
25. Head Down
26. Rusty Cage
27. The Day I Tried to Live
28. 4th of July


First...closing with 4th of july?? that greeeeat...then..head down, mailman, fresh tendrils, like suicide , zero fuckin chance, Rhinosaurrrrr, flowerrrr, Hunted downnnn, drawing flies!,

This has to be one of the best setlists ever...and its nice to see rowing and eyelides mouth there too...

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13890
SG mix CD for the car:

1. Loud Love
2. Jesus Christ Pose
3. Fresh Tendrils
4. 4th of July
5. Mind Riot
6. Blind Dogs
7. Never the Machine Forever
8. Ugly Truth
9. Mailman
10. Overfloater
11. Toy Box
12. Birth Ritual
13. Slaves and Bulldozers
14. Spoonman (Cornell Demo)
15. Beyond the Wheel
16. Face Pollution


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
No Ty Cobb? You a strictly-to-the-speed-limit kind of guy?

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
Haha.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 5182
Non State Actor and Attrition are excellent driving tunes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 581
darth_vedder wrote:
Oops...I posted the vid of Cornell telling me to stand up in the King Animal thread.

Here is the vid incase you missed it:



No fuckin' way, that was you?! :lol:

I went with a buddy of mine who's a big fan, but we both had single seats in sections L and N so we sat by ourselves. Sucked, but it was a cool show. Afterwards we hit Chinatown for a few beers and in talking about what we'd just seen, the setlist, the performance, I said to him, "that was funny, that dude sitting down close to the stage. His dad got up, haha."

But I thought that gig was kinda reserved too, lots of sitting all over the place. The Patriot Center gig at Mason in 2011 was twice as big, but much more intense, possibly because people we just happy to finally have them back. Still, happy to have seem them in a small hall like that. First time I'd ever been there, I kept thinking about Pearl Jam's VFC shows in 1995 that were tapes I played over and over back in my teens.

Anyway... cool story, bro!! Happy to know Chris Cornell called you on your shit. :lol:

_________________
I might be able to get to an E-bow.


Last edited by Will on Fri January 25, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
"Wait..you re-applied for the tag darth_vedder?"

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 1:48 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22214
Will wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Oops...I posted the vid of Cornell telling me to stand up in the King Animal thread.

Here is the vid incase you missed it:



No fuckin' way, that was you?! :lol:

I went with a buddy of mine who's a big fan, but we both had single seats in sections L and N so we sat by ourselves. Sucked, but it was a cool show. Afterwards we hit Chinatown for a few beers and in talking about what we'd just seen, the setlist, the performance, I said to him, "that was funny, that dude sitting down close to the stage. His dad got up, haha."

But I thought that gig was kinda reserved too, lots of sitting all over the place. The Patriot Center gig at Mason in 2011 was twice as big, but much more intense, possibly because people we just happy to finally have them back. Still, happy to have seem them in a small hall like that. First time I'd ever been there, I kept thinking about Pearl Jam's VFC shows in 1995 that were tapes I played over and over back in my teens.

Anyway... cool story, bro!! Happy to know Chris Cornell called you on your shit. :lol:



That was really funny...and your dad is badass.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
VinylGuy wrote:
Will wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Oops...I posted the vid of Cornell telling me to stand up in the King Animal thread.

Here is the vid incase you missed it:



No fuckin' way, that was you?! :lol:

I went with a buddy of mine who's a big fan, but we both had single seats in sections L and N so we sat by ourselves. Sucked, but it was a cool show. Afterwards we hit Chinatown for a few beers and in talking about what we'd just seen, the setlist, the performance, I said to him, "that was funny, that dude sitting down close to the stage. His dad got up, haha."

But I thought that gig was kinda reserved too, lots of sitting all over the place. The Patriot Center gig at Mason in 2011 was twice as big, but much more intense, possibly because people we just happy to finally have them back. Still, happy to have seem them in a small hall like that. First time I'd ever been there, I kept thinking about Pearl Jam's VFC shows in 1995 that were tapes I played over and over back in my teens.

Anyway... cool story, bro!! Happy to know Chris Cornell called you on your shit. :lol:



That was really funny...and your dad is badass.


It was funny, I didn't realize he was talking to me, but then I pointed at myself, and Cornell said "yeah you"...It was definitely a highlight for me, one of the neatest things to ever happen to me at a concert. Who's the guy here that was yelled at by Ed for not getting into "Ole"? Me and him got something in common, but Chris didn't seem as pissed as Ed.

Thing is...I was standing earlier, then I sat to drink beer, and that's when Mr. Cornell noticed. The guy sitting to me was an older dude but not my pops. One reason I was sitting so much was not to block the view of others. I went with some friend and they were sitting behind me, and I didn't want to block their view.

re: Tame crowd...unfortunately, that's pretty much what I have come to expect out of DC crowds. A lot of shows I go to, whether it's at a large venue or small, the crowds are pretty laid back, but observant. This isn't always the case, but more often than not, it seems the crowds are pretty tame.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
Soma. wrote:
"Wait..you re-applied for the tag darth_vedder?"


I don't get it? Why it that in quotations?

re: the darth name...yeah, I figured that was what I rolled with on the old board since 2005, so I may as well stick with it. I don't like the name though...it's super dorky, and I don't even like Star Wars that much anymore.

I've thought for awhile about changing to Love Boat Captain with this is my avatar:

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
Yeeah, never mind. I'm glad you had a good time.

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 25, 2013 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 581
darth_vedder wrote:
re: Tame crowd...unfortunately, that's pretty much what I have come to expect out of DC crowds. A lot of shows I go to, whether it's at a large venue or small, the crowds are pretty laid back, but observant. This isn't always the case, but more often than not, it seems the crowds are pretty tame.


Yeah, it kind goes hand in hand with the unavoidable uptight political yuppies. I'm no longer there to go nuts and slam around and whoop and yell like when I was a kid, but I'm not constantly checking Facebook, yammering with friends, or there just for the atmosphere. I'm usually nodding my head and having fun. Its a drag to look around and constantly see what appears to be largely disconnected crowds. I'm convinced that lots of bands play DC because its a big city and essentially the bottom of the northeast chain, not because they truly want to.

_________________
I might be able to get to an E-bow.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13890
Birds in Hell wrote:
SG mix CD for the car:

Ended up redoing this.

1. Loud Love
2. Jesus Christ Pose
3. Fresh Tendrils
4. 4th of July
5. Mind Riot
6. An Unkind
7. Mailman
8. Overfloater
9. Birth Ritual
10. Tighter and Tighter
11. Zero Chance
12. Toy Box
13. Somewhere
14. The Day I Tried to Live
15. Never the Machine Forever
16. Slaves and Bulldozers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 7143
"An Unkind" is so good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
Kevin Davis wrote:
All told I think "Zero Chance" is my favorite Soundgarden song.

I'm with you on this one.

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 188  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun August 09, 2020 3:20 pm