Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread

Sun July 22, 2018 8:15 am

PHATJ wrote:fresh tendrils

:bammer:

Sun July 22, 2018 1:20 pm

:/

Sun July 22, 2018 4:09 pm

been trying to decide what to listen to while i clean ny kitchen today, SG just made the cut. thanks dudes.

Sun July 22, 2018 4:28 pm

I put my vinyl box of Telephantasm yesterday and got very into it because a neighbour come to ask me to put the volume down. It was fuckin Beyond The Wheel motherfucker.

Sun July 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
PHATJ wrote:fresh tendrils

:bammer:

:bammer: :bammer:

Sun July 22, 2018 10:37 pm

The live version of Jesus Christ Pose from Telephantasm is fucking bonkers.

Sun July 22, 2018 11:31 pm

The version from Fell On Black Days on Telephantasm is the video one...man, they sound so fucking good. Thayil rules this song so hard.

Tue July 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Today I learned that Kim Thayil and some dudes from Nirvana and AIC recorded a song with Johnny Cash in the 90s

Tue July 24, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm still amazed that Cornell brought his voice back from the brink. He seriously sounded done in some of those Audioslave live performances.

Tue July 24, 2018 8:27 pm

He sounded pretty rough in the first Audioslave tour. And after the second one, he was so fucking good again.

Tue July 24, 2018 8:50 pm

he sounded pretty rough live after SG initially broke up. the holy shit he's back moment for me was when he did that Acoustic thing in Sweden as some kind of a party for the release of the 3rd Audioslave record in 06 or 07 maybe.

Tue July 24, 2018 8:52 pm

His voice in the Euphoria Morning tour is amazing. I still have that denver boot somewhere. Top boot.

Tue July 24, 2018 9:25 pm

I'll repost this because I remember being pretty blown away at the time:

Birds in Hell wrote:This video from their first live performance after the reunion, the secret "Nudedragons" warm-up show at the Showbox, is great:

Chris's little grin around 1:55 after singing the first higher register lines is priceless.

I remember a lot of skepticism about how he would handle singing the more challenging SG material, having sounded pretty shaky during much of the 2000s - he really pulled it together when SG reformed.

Tue July 24, 2018 10:20 pm

he sounded great when SG got back together. and that solo tour right around that time

Tue July 24, 2018 11:11 pm

That performance of Beyond The Wheel is amazing. I remember being speechless when it came out.

Wed July 25, 2018 12:13 am

VinylGuy wrote:His voice in the Euphoria Morning tour is amazing. I still have that denver boot somewhere. Top boot.

I have that one too, definitely one of his best boots out there. Best version of Seasons I've yet to hear...and I guess will probably remain the best version IMO

Thu July 26, 2018 12:36 am

I miss Chris. Been listening to a lot of SG recently

Tue August 28, 2018 12:25 pm

https://www.mopop.org/exhibitions-plus-events/exhibitions/chris-cornell/

Tue August 28, 2018 10:29 pm

maybe someone can encase vicky in lucite at the ceremony and mount her on a wall next to him

Wed August 29, 2018 2:13 am

96583UP wrote:maybe someone can encase vicky in lucite at the ceremony and mount her on a wall next to him

Her body is roughly 37% lucite already.
Post a reply