The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Fucking Godhead / The Soundgarden Thread
PostPosted: Mon June 19, 2023 11:03 pm 
A Return To Form

96583UP wrote:
anyone got some good King Animal tour boots?

they were playing really well at one point, and chris' voice was in great shape

would love to hear some of the boots from this phase

i have the flac of the full-superunknown show, and listen to the live on I-5 stuff

would love to hear more

the DOTUS songs all sound very good too

Could you upload the Superunknown show FLAC's please? I thought I had them but I seem to only have the video which I transferred to a DVD9 so if I was to rip them from disc they'd be lossy.
That show in itself could serve as "CD3" of the Reformation set I posted earlier.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 12:48 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

i have the flac of the full-superunknown show, and listen to the live on I-5 stuff

would love to hear more

Could you upload the Superunknown show FLAC's please? I thought I had them but I seem to only have the video which I transferred to a DVD9 so if I was to rip them from disc they'd be lossy.
That show in itself could serve as "CD3" of the Reformation set I posted earlier.

sorry man not sure how to do that. i am a downloadoooooor not an uploadoooooor. but if you use the search tool here perhaps there is a link somewhere buried in this thread. i don't really go to more than 2-3 internet sites, total, and this is one of them. so chances are i probably got it here. and since no one else comes here, chances are it is probably still here. and chances are, i am gay

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 7:13 am 
A Return To Form

96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

would love to hear more

sorry man not sure how to do that. i am a downloadoooooor not an uploadoooooor. but if you use the search tool here perhaps there is a link somewhere buried in this thread. i don't really go to more than 2-3 internet sites, total, and this is one of them. so chances are i probably got it here. and since no one else comes here, chances are it is probably still here. and chances are, i am gay

:haha: no trouble man, I'll keep looking.

Did you grab the link to the comp I made on the previous page? I think you were the guy asking about King Animal boots. I made the comp as I was sick of listening to Searching with my good eye closed, Spoonman, Fell on black days etc at nearly every show.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 11:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

holy shit hadnt noticed as it got almost bottom paged

looks awesome!!!!

thanks brother

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 4:00 pm 
AnalLog

Im still looking for boots of the shows I went too... Pinkpop 2012 / Amsterdam 2013 / Utrecht 2014

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 6:59 pm 
A Return To Form

Buby wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
it was a labour of (loud) love.

I :heartbeat: you

I know it hurts.

PostPosted: Tue June 20, 2023 7:11 pm 
A Return To Form

96583UP wrote:
holy shit hadnt noticed as it got almost bottom paged

looks awesome!!!!

thanks brother

You're welcome dude.

I didn't just rip the raw tracks from each cdr. If I needed, say, track 8 then I ripped that AND track 7 - combined them together as a seamless track, then removed most of track 7 leaving only the last few seconds of it in order to fade in from that point and make it sound clean like a live b-side! Hence why it was pretty time-consuming.

Also choosing the best sounding recordings was tough as a lot of the better ones are fairly inter-changeable with each other. Zero Chance was performed at one of the better sounding gigs but they fucked it up so much I needed to take a less fucked-up version of it from elsewhere even though it didn't sound as clean. :haha: Same thing with Black Rain - they played that at Manchester 2013 (a good quality boot) and fucked it up so I needed to look elsewhere.

Fair play to them for playing such long and varied sets on that King Animal tour but I get the impression they were throwing songs into the set last minute which some of them couldn't even remember! I think I read an article with Kim where he said Chris was picking the setlists each night, so I bet there were a few nervous looks to each other on some nights.

PostPosted: Wed June 21, 2023 6:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Nice! Very thoughtful

downloading now

PostPosted: Wed June 21, 2023 6:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

would love to hear more

Did you grab the link to the comp I made on the previous page? I think you were the guy asking about King Animal boots. I made the comp as I was sick of listening to Searching with my good eye closed, Spoonman, Fell on black days etc at nearly every show.

here are the superunknown live shows. scroll down in the thread like halfway - Matt Reeder (demigod) posted them. the iTunes one is March

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8433&hilit=soundgarden+itunes

PostPosted: Wed June 21, 2023 8:52 pm 
A Return To Form

96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

would love to hear more

here are the superunknown live shows. scroll down in the thread like halfway - Matt Reeder (demigod) posted them. the iTunes one is March

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8433&hilit=soundgarden+itunes

Fantastic, thanks. I had searched but couldn't find it yesterday.

Btw, I do like Matt's reply to someone complaining about Chris' vocals - "If you want a full version of Superunknown live with "proper" singing, download 3/23/1994, 6/17/1994 and 8/27/1995 and mix them together."
I might just do that mix! I have those 3 boots.

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2023 12:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fyfe79 wrote:
96583UP wrote:

would love to hear more

Fantastic, thanks. I had searched but couldn't find it yesterday.

Btw, I do like Matt's reply to someone complaining about Chris' vocals - "If you want a full version of Superunknown live with "proper" singing, download 3/23/1994, 6/17/1994 and 8/27/1995 and mix them together."
I might just do that mix! I have those 3 boots.

nice

that would be pretty awesome

i don't mind chris' singing on the iTunes show though ... and i think the instrument-playing sounds awesome

PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2023 10:45 pm 
A Return To Form

Right - I've done that "Superunknown live in the 90's" mix. Was good fun and reasonably quick!

As suggested my M. Reeder, I used Oslo '94 as the bulk of the performance, considering they played the entire album apart from 3 tracks and it's the best sounding boot of the period. 2 of the other tracks came from New York '94.

Where I differ from Matt is selecting "4th of July" from Oberhausen '95 rather than the Reading Festival. This performance seemed to sonically fit amongst the others better than Reading and, most importantly, didn't have a punter standing beside the taper singing along to the whole song.

I mixed and edited the whole thing through Audacity to make it appear like they played the album through from start to finish at a single gig. Sounds good! This is for the folks who feel Chris' vocals in 2014 (for the full album play-through) didn't do the album justice.

https://mega.nz/folder/wWBFjBJI#ldvR9ezwMxmfa0GwZC3eRQ

01 Let Me Drown
02 My Wave
03 Fell on Black Days
04 Mailman
05 Superunknown
06 Head Down
07 Black Hole Sun
08 Spoonman
09 Limo Wreck
10 The Day I Tried to Live
11 Kickstand
12 Fresh Tendrils
13 4th of July
14 Half
15 Like Suicide

Tracks 1-11,15: Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norway 23/3/94 ("The Garden Grows" silver cd)
Tracks 12,14: Armory, New York, NY, USA 17/6/94
Track 13: Turbinenhalle, Oberhausen, Germany 6/9/95

PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2023 10:59 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

damn!!

thank you muchhhh

PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2023 1:31 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

immediately downloads lol....thx

PostPosted: Thu July 06, 2023 5:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

funking amazing thanks!

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 10:49 am 
A Return To Form

Awesome. I'm a lurker here, but really appreciate this.

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 4:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That looks good.

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 4:36 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Thanks, fyfe! :nice:

Don't think I've ever heard the Oslo '94 show

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 10:05 pm 
A Return To Form

Glad you guys like it. Chris sounded golden back then.

Been thinking of making a comp of the Los Angeles shows from 2013. They done 3 nights and released the entire Feb 17th performance as the Artists Den live album (tbh, I'd actually forgotten about that one - listened to it yesterday for the first time in ages), but there are good quality boots of the other 2 nights (15th & 16th) where they played a bunch of songs not played on the 17th. Might be interesting...

PostPosted: Sun July 09, 2023 11:22 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

please do!

I havent listened to the other shows

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands