The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 1028
i probably have said this before, but it's still ongoing, i feel like Secretly Canadian is really milking everything out of Molina releases since he passed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18018
Location: Cumberland, RI
kreng wrote:
i probably have said this before, but it's still ongoing, i feel like Secretly Canadian is really milking everything out of Molina releases since he passed.

Do you mean that in a pejorative sense?

I think they've been doing a great job. Putting out about 2 releases per year, keeping older records in print, putting out new merch, consistently promoting his music. I really don't know if you could ask for more. The last two LPs have been offered to the record club as advanced releases, but they both have gotten/will get wider releases. There are some releases that I'd like to see pressed/repressed that haven't seen the light of day yet, but I feel like we've gotten so much that it's hard to want much more.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
I'm about halfway through the Riding With the Ghost book. I find all the rust belt/midwest stuff from his childhood so relatable. He hasn't starting fucking up yet, the book has just been breaking down his albums one by one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
Also, I started crying listening to Just Be Simple tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
Finished the book today. What a horrible downfall this man had. I have a tuxedo cat and his wife having the cats image on her wooden box containing his ashes really got to me. 39 years young.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2020 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18018
Location: Cumberland, RI
On the new record, there's a small bit of banter between the tracks. On one, Jason says, "The perfect take is as long as the person singing is still alive." I didn't need that today.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2020 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18018
Location: Cumberland, RI

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 65506
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22491
Location: Scooby Doo
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 65506
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

:thumbsup:

i'm not an art crier, but if i listen to this one more time tonight...

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 2:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 22491
Location: Scooby Doo
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

:thumbsup:

i'm not an art crier, but if i listen to this one more time tonight...

avoid hold on, magnolia then


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 2:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 65506
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

:thumbsup:

i'm not an art crier, but if i listen to this one more time tonight...

avoid hold on, magnolia then

i've heard it but it's been years...really don't remember anything about it

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: A Farewell Transmission / The Jason Molina Thread
PostPosted: Fri August 14, 2020 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18018
Location: Cumberland, RI
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
farewell transmission hits me hard every time

:thumbsup:

i'm not an art crier, but if i listen to this one more time tonight...

avoid hold on, magnolia then

i've heard it but it's been years...really don't remember anything about it

It's in my top 5. The version on the Sun Sessions EP is especially good.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri August 14, 2020 6:32 pm