Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Random Music News

Wed February 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2021 Nominees:
    Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, Tina Turner, Iron Maiden, Mary J. Blige, Kate Bush, Devo, The Go-Go’s, Chaka Khan, Carole King, Fela Kuti, LL Cool J, New York Dolls, Rage Against the Machine, Todd Rundgren and Dionne Warwick.

DMB denied, so much for winning the fan vote last year.

Wed February 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Carole King :thumbsup:

Wed February 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Seeing names like Devo and The Go-Go's on the list is like including a bench player who's only thing of note they've ever done was make a single catch in a Super Bowl game a hall of famer.

Wed February 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:Carole King :thumbsup:

I'm shocked she's not in the RRHF yet.

Wed February 10, 2021 9:44 pm

epilogue wrote:

In 1990, King was inducted, along with Goffin, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the non-performer category for her songwriting achievements.

Wed February 10, 2021 9:45 pm

rick malone wrote:
epilogue wrote:

In 1990, King was inducted, along with Goffin, into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the non-performer category for her songwriting achievements.

Ah. Well fucking good.

Wed May 12, 2021 2:14 pm

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame reveals its 2021 Inductees, celebrating the most diverse list of Inductees in the history of the organization. They are:

Performer Category:

Tina Turner
Carole King
The Go-Go’s
JAY-Z
Foo Fighters
Todd Rundgren

Early Influence Award:

Kraftwerk
Charley Patton
Gil Scott-Heron

Musical Excellence Award:

LL Cool J
Billy Preston
Randy Rhoads

Ahmet Ertegun Award:

Clarence Avant

Wed May 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Ugh the Foo Fighters

Wed May 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Poo Lighters

Thu May 13, 2021 4:00 pm

I mean, in terms of their extended staying power and album sales, they certainly belong in the conversation. RRHOF is really a popularity contest over many years and not really a barometer of critical acclaim.

Thu May 13, 2021 6:46 pm

Will be interesting to see if Todd Rundgren shows, he said he didn't care if he ever got in a year or so ago.

Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm

For some reason, I thought the Go Go’s had already gotten in. Looking forward to the jam with the Foos on We Got The Beat.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm

liebzz wrote:I mean, in terms of their extended staying power and album sales, they certainly belong in the conversation. RRHOF is really a popularity contest over many years and not really a barometer of critical acclaim.

Most definitely - I have a ton of respect for Dave Grohl - it's wild how the Foos have gotten "U2-like status" and Grohl's bacically become the unofficial spokesperson for Rock N' Roll. I just couldn't resist the pun drop. :lol:

DG really is a super cool guy - saw them at a surprise show in Harrisonburg, VA at the JMU Convocation Center April 2000. 2 of us were crowd surfing and got plucked out of the pit by security. Dave went over to the side of the stage and told the cop/guard that if we weren't allowed to go back to our seats to enjoy the rest of the show he was going home. Great night - excellent show. Andrew W.K. opened up just singing live vocals to a tape of what eventually became some of his debut album.

Thu September 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Thu September 09, 2021 5:25 pm

I hate him

Thu September 09, 2021 5:28 pm

To be fair that song did suck

Thu September 09, 2021 5:33 pm

He's the worst. Even The Roots can't make that show watchable.

Thu September 09, 2021 6:08 pm

Fallon is simply awful. The disdain that Seinfeld could no longer hide on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was entertaining.

Thu September 09, 2021 6:20 pm

fallon must have s'd a lot of d's along the way

Fri September 10, 2021 4:10 pm

https://loudwire.com/josh-homme-sons-re ... ng-orders/

More mounting evidence that Homme is trash
Post a reply