The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 11:52 pm
Posts: 1036
Anybody reading news reports from the Fyre Festival in the Bahamas?
Has kept me entertained all morning.

http://www.elle.com/culture/music/news/ ... lla-hadid/
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.


I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.


I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.


I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?


Yeah I'm sure it's no different from a normal day in a 12 year olds life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.


I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?


Yeah I'm sure it's no different from a normal day in a 12 year olds life.

What? No one said this isn't an abnormal thing for a 12-year-old to do. That's why we're talking about it in the first place.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.


First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.


I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?


Yeah I'm sure it's no different from a normal day in a 12 year olds life.

What? No one said this isn't an abnormal thing for a 12-year-old to do. That's why we're talking about it in the first place.


Well, lets just say that I would never let my 12 year old kid to go on tour with Korn.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46583
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
I can appreciate their older stuff as being some of the stronger post-grunge radio rock of the late 90s...But beyond that, I've got no use for them. I think it's all about the singer, who annoys me very much. The band is fun enough, I guess.

It's too bad the things that make you mad are my favorite things.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.


If he was that talented, he would get plenty of new opportunities when he would be older. 12 year old is way too young to enter the 'adult life'. Maybe it's more about the parent wanting gain something of the success rather than feeling bad for shutting down the opportunity...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.


If he was that talented, he would get plenty of new opportunities when he would be older. 12 year old is way too young to enter the 'adult life'. Maybe it's more about the parent wanting gain something of the success rather than feeling bad for shutting down the opportunity...

Huh? To whom are you referring? His multimillionaire dad or me?

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.


If he was that talented, he would get plenty of new opportunities when he would be older. 12 year old is way too young to enter the 'adult life'. Maybe it's more about the parent wanting gain something of the success rather than feeling bad for shutting down the opportunity...

Huh? To whom are you referring? His multimillionaire dad or me?


Neither, I just don't think it's a very good argument when it's 12 year old we're talking about.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Seems like a weird point to bring up since it doesn't apply to anyone involved, but okay. A big part of this too is that every kid isn't going to be at the same maturity level when they're 12. Some would be more ready than others. It's hard to make that kind of judgment as an outsider.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46583
Location: Sector 7-G
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It's hard to make that kind of judgment as an outsider.

Yet here we are.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31253
Location: this field intentionally left blank
:?

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 356
Hey maybe I'm wrong, maybe the kid has a great time and a bright future ahead. I honestly hope so.

Edit: But I still wouldn't let my kid do it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1045
Location: Most likely at the office...
I get LV's point(s), but having a nearly 14 year old myself I can vouch for the fact that the only way my 12 year old would be on that tour would be with my wife going along as well and chaperoning.

I kinda doubt Korn tours are all S'n'D'n'R'n'R these days, but still, the thing a 12 year old needs most is consistent and solid guiding carers.

Man, I remember well the kids my daughter hung around as a "twelvie", nice enough kids in general, but all walking their own tightrope of behaviours and reactions. The social networking pressure alone at that point is just savage.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
I remember when I was twelve all I did was play Nintendo, climb trees, and draw boobs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5504
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever?


Telling your kids they can't do fun things that all logic dictates will not be in their best interest is like 50% of being a parent, LV. Not letting your 12 year-old quit school and leave home to tour with a band with a history of excessive drug and alcohol abuse isn't exactly an oppressive parenting move that a child won't be able to make sense of once he gets older and develops a little perspective. If he was an otherwise well-adjusted and grounded kid, he'd get over it.


Last edited by Kevin Davis on Sun April 30, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bart, BurtReynolds, Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat November 18, 2017 11:12 pm