The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 7:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

At some point in the last 24 hours (for me), they’ve completely changed the user flow for how to Like songs. Yeah I think I’m done here. Might finally try QoBuz

PostPosted: Thu March 09, 2023 8:21 pm 
Production Police

bodysnatcher wrote:
At some point in the last 24 hours (for me), they’ve completely changed the user flow for how to Like songs. Yeah I think I’m done here. Might finally try QoBuz

i still don't know how to say this

PostPosted: Fri March 10, 2023 1:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

JuanHamm wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dad wrote:

May be the final straw that pushes me to a new platform

I always like to recommend YouTube music. All of these services are basically the same, but YouTube has the benefit of being able to add YouTube videos to your music playlists. So you can add rarities and live versions of songs that aren't available on Spotify or Apple.

I'm a yt premium subscriber, but do so solely because I fricken' HATE adds and refuse to view them. Do I get yt music as part of that as well? Not sure why I'm asking you rather than checking myself tbh...

<Edit> Turns out I do. Nice.

PostPosted: Fri March 10, 2023 1:33 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Haven't noticed any changes to Spotify. Don't really care if they introduce a feature I'm not forced to use.

Why are people such babies about this stuff? Unreal.

PostPosted: Fri March 10, 2023 1:44 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I almost only use spotify through Sonos, so nothing really changes for me. I am interested in adding YT Music to my Sonos set up though - didn't know I could do that! There are always specific versions of songs I'm chasing that aren't on Spotify.

Today I learn!

PostPosted: Sat March 11, 2023 12:11 am 
10Club Complaint Department

bodysnatcher wrote:

They did this to me about a month ago, and yeah, it's definitely worse and less intuitive.

PostPosted: Sat March 11, 2023 12:15 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

It's probably my fault

PostPosted: Sat March 11, 2023 1:40 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Birds in Hell wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

They did this to me about a month ago, and yeah, it's definitely worse and less intuitive.

It’s really weird. They copied the exact approach that Instagram and YouTube uses for bookmarks. Which, for me, doesn’t seem to work as well in a music format, which is often used on-the-go. couple this copycat interaction with the tiktok video feed scroll, and it’s becoming pretty hacky and uncreative.

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 9:22 pm 
Future Drummer

I could have sworn we had a Dawes thread, anyway...

Dawes’ Co-Founding Bassist Wylie Gelber Announces Departure From Band

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 7:34 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
also

UPDATE, 12:27 P.M.: Per TMZ, Homme’s sons’ request of a retraining order has been denied. Homme’s attorney also issued a new statement, saying, “The allegations made by Ms. Dalle against Mr. Homme are categorically false. In order to protect the children, we will not be making any further statements.”

Most recent statement:

“Out of respect and concern for his minor children and their well-being, Joshua Homme has previously refrained from making public statements about his family to the media. In light of the continued falsehoods, the repeated invasions of the children’s privacy and the resulting emotional harm, it is time that the truth be told. Our hope is that this will end the enquiries and speculation and provide the family the privacy and consideration they deserve.

For more than a year after the conclusion of their divorce proceedings, Joshua Homme and Brody Dalle were able to amicably co-parent their three children in a healthy and functional way. The situation took a dark turn when Dalle violated the 50/50 custody agreement by withholding the children from seeing their father. Despite multiple orders by the Los Angeles Family Court to return the children, as well as being found in contempt of court, Dalle continued to violate the custody agreement. The situation was exacerbated by the inappropriate actions of her boyfriend Gunner Foxx.

In March 2022, the Los Angeles Family Court awarded Joshua Homme sole legal custody of all three children, and they are currently under the care of their father and paternal grandparents. Dalle was granted supervised visitation with their youngest child in the interim. Joshua Homme will remain the sole legal guardian of all minor children until a custody hearing in the fall of 2023, at which point a more permanent solution will be determined by the Los Angeles Family Court.

Recent actions by Brody Dalle and Gunner Foxx have not only caused the children emotional harm, but have also put them in great danger. As a result of these actions, on March 16, 2023 The Los Angeles Family Court ordered a permanent restraining order against Brody Dalle for a period of 1 year and 11 months. This Domestic Violence Restraining order was granted to protect (and on behalf of) the Homme family, including Joshua, his three children, and Joshua’s parents, Michael and Irene Homme.

It was reported in the fall of 2021 that Homme’s sons had filed a restraining order against their father and that it was signed by their mother. It has since been revealed in court proceedings that this restraining order was drafted and filed by Gunner Foxx, who forged Dalle’s signature on the document. Dalle later testified in court to having known at the time that Foxx had forged her signature, while doing nothing to set the record straight legally or in the media.

In August of 2022, Joshua Homme and his two sons were granted a restraining order protecting them from Gunner Foxx, preventing him from making any contact with them whatsoever for a period of five years. Foxx’s requests for a restraining order against Homme were denied by two separate courts.

It was reported that Homme’s daughter filed a restraining order against him. This was also filed by Gunner Foxx who took the minor child to court without the presence of either one of her parents. Prior to the hearing on this matter — at the child’s request and through her own counsel — the order was rescinded.

All allegations made against Joshua Homme by Brody Dalle and Gunner Foxx or on behalf of the Homme children have been repeatedly investigated by local law enforcement, Los Angeles DCFS and the Los Angeles County Courts. Additionally, the children are represented and their best interests are ensured by their own court-appointed legal counsel, DCFS and the Los Angeles Court system. It was subsequent to these investigations, as well as 24-hour, court-appointed monitoring (at both parents’ homes over many months) that the Los Angeles Family Court determined it is in the best interest of the children to remain in the care of their father.

The Homme family is grateful to the Los Angeles County Courts, minor’s counsel, local law enforcement, DCFS and court-ordered monitors for their time and continued attention and care. The goal of the Los Angeles Family Court System and Joshua Homme’s sincere hope is that the conclusion of this matter will result in the ability for both Homme and Dalle to co-parent their children peacefully.”

Looks like Dalle's new boyfriend is a real psycho. Damn.

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 7:40 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I was very wrong about that whole case

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 7:48 pm 

You are also very wrong about Homme's whole discography hehe

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 7:49 pm 

Unless you think Villains sucks. Which it does!

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 9:53 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Villains sucks so fucking hard.

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 11:30 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Gunner Foxx.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 11:33 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

A haberdasher for the stars, apparently

PostPosted: Tue April 04, 2023 5:12 am 

Hey cool, Coachella to Livestream All Six Stages Across Both Weekends for First Time

PostPosted: Fri April 07, 2023 4:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mick Mars going scorched-earth on the guys in Motley Crue.

PostPosted: Fri April 07, 2023 4:26 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Stickman wrote:
Mick Mars going scorched-earth on the guys in Motley Crue.

He looks like a corpse

PostPosted: Mon June 12, 2023 11:50 am 
Future Drummer

Bassist Jorgen Carlsson Departs Gov’t Mule, Kevin Scott Aboard For Summer Tour
Carlsson, the band’s third bassist, joined the group in 2008.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands