The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Music News
PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 3:36 pm 
AnalLog

Anybody reading news reports from the Fyre Festival in the Bahamas?
Has kept me entertained all morning.

http://www.elle.com/culture/music/news/ ... lla-hadid/

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:10 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.

First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:18 pm 
The Master

contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
HA my coworker was just talking about this last week. Then we started talking about the logistics of touring with a 12 year old.

First thing I though when I read about this: What kind of parents would let their 12 year old to go on tour with Korn? That kids life is fucked.

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:20 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

lol, why? His dad is the bassist for Metallica so I'm sure he knows what this entails.

I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:22 pm 
The Master

contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I know who Rob Trujillo is. You really think a 12 year old is mentally mature enough to see the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll lifestyle? He is probably gonna end up like those Hollywood child actors.

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:22 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Do we really think that's what a Korn tour looks like in 2017? Aren't they all like married dads now?

Yeah I'm sure it's no different from a normal day in a 12 year olds life.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:24 pm 
The Master

contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

What? No one said this isn't an abnormal thing for a 12-year-old to do. That's why we're talking about it in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:26 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

What? No one said this isn't an abnormal thing for a 12-year-old to do. That's why we're talking about it in the first place.

Well, lets just say that I would never let my 12 year old kid to go on tour with Korn.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:30 pm 
The Master

But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:32 pm 
Poster of the Year

tragabigzanda wrote:
I can appreciate their older stuff as being some of the stronger post-grunge radio rock of the late 90s...But beyond that, I've got no use for them. I think it's all about the singer, who annoys me very much. The band is fun enough, I guess.

It's too bad the things that make you mad are my favorite things.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:36 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever? Like isn't it kind of amazing that your kid is talented enough that a major band offers him a chance to play some professional shows? I would feel pretty fucking awful shutting that opportunity down for my kid.

If he was that talented, he would get plenty of new opportunities when he would be older. 12 year old is way too young to enter the 'adult life'. Maybe it's more about the parent wanting gain something of the success rather than feeling bad for shutting down the opportunity...

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:44 pm 
The Master

contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

If he was that talented, he would get plenty of new opportunities when he would be older. 12 year old is way too young to enter the 'adult life'. Maybe it's more about the parent wanting gain something of the success rather than feeling bad for shutting down the opportunity...

Huh? To whom are you referring? His multimillionaire dad or me?

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:46 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
contamination wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Huh? To whom are you referring? His multimillionaire dad or me?

Neither, I just don't think it's a very good argument when it's 12 year old we're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:54 pm 
The Master

Seems like a weird point to bring up since it doesn't apply to anyone involved, but okay. A big part of this too is that every kid isn't going to be at the same maturity level when they're 12. Some would be more ready than others. It's hard to make that kind of judgment as an outsider.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
Poster of the Year

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It's hard to make that kind of judgment as an outsider.

Yet here we are.

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
The Master

:?

PostPosted: Fri April 28, 2017 7:58 pm 

Hey maybe I'm wrong, maybe the kid has a great time and a bright future ahead. I honestly hope so.

Edit: But I still wouldn't let my kid do it.

PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 3:29 am 
Rank This Poster

I get LV's point(s), but having a nearly 14 year old myself I can vouch for the fact that the only way my 12 year old would be on that tour would be with my wife going along as well and chaperoning.

I kinda doubt Korn tours are all S'n'D'n'R'n'R these days, but still, the thing a 12 year old needs most is consistent and solid guiding carers.

Man, I remember well the kids my daughter hung around as a "twelvie", nice enough kids in general, but all walking their own tightrope of behaviours and reactions. The social networking pressure alone at that point is just savage.

PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 5:20 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I remember when I was twelve all I did was play Nintendo, climb trees, and draw boobs

PostPosted: Sun April 30, 2017 3:53 pm 
tl;dr

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
But what if that made your kid resent you forever?

Telling your kids they can't do fun things that all logic dictates will not be in their best interest is like 50% of being a parent, LV. Not letting your 12 year-old quit school and leave home to tour with a band with a history of excessive drug and alcohol abuse isn't exactly an oppressive parenting move that a child won't be able to make sense of once he gets older and develops a little perspective. If he was an otherwise well-adjusted and grounded kid, he'd get over it.

Last edited by Kevin Davis on Sun April 30, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 57  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands