Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Sigur Rós

Fri August 18, 2023 6:18 pm

Sigur Rós in Brooklyn and The National at the Garden tonight, not too shabby Big Apple.

Fri August 18, 2023 6:41 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:Sigur Rós in Brooklyn and The National at the Garden tonight, not too shabby Big Apple.

and the war on drugs is playing asbury park in new jersey.

Fri August 18, 2023 6:46 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:Sigur Rós in Brooklyn and The National at the Garden tonight, not too shabby Big Apple.

What are you, a New York football team?

Fri August 18, 2023 6:51 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

What are you, a New York football team?

it's a suburb!

Fri August 18, 2023 7:52 pm

Fri August 18, 2023 9:36 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:hope ruddo packed his "need 1" sign

Was available to add to my wallet when i logged on after landing in Boston

Fri August 18, 2023 10:17 pm

Ruddo texted me some stuff that suggests they have a white power cult following in Boston now

Fri August 18, 2023 10:32 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Ruddo texted me some stuff that suggests they have a white power cult following in Boston now

what do you mean “now?”

Fri August 18, 2023 10:32 pm

or do you mean since ruddo landed?

Fri August 18, 2023 11:30 pm

how's their tiki torch game?

Sun August 20, 2023 12:39 pm

Set 1

Blóðberg
Ekki múkk
Fljótavík
Von
Andvari
Starálfur
Dauðalogn
Varðeldur

Set 2

Untitled #1 – Vaka
Untitled #3 – Samskeyti
Heysátan
Ylur
Skel
All Alright
Untitled #5 – Álafoss
Sé lest
Hoppípolla

Definitely glad i made a trip to see them with a full orchestra. Brought a fuller element to the show. I’m continually amazed how in one concert i can smile, cry, be awestruck, and feel a strange lucidity all in a matter of a couple of hours. I received some news yesterday afternoon that lifted a many years’ weight off of my shoulders. Sitting there through the first few songs i couldn’t help but think about it all, and actually got a little anxious about the whole situation. Then Jonsi pulled me out of it with a long high note and i was smiling about it all. The first four songs didn’t seem to flow well, but by Von Jonsi had found his zone. The people next to me, a younger couple, were crying and picking their jaws up off the floor after most songs.

The new stuff translates well with the orchestra. There’s a song that sounds like the first half of festival, but with Jonsi hitting some crazy notes. Was the highlight for me.

Overall great show. Much more mellow, not really any “bangers” as Chris H_2’s son said. Had lunch with him and his son and hung out at the concert. He’s got a cool kid!

Sun August 20, 2023 1:36 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Set 1

Blóðberg
Ekki múkk
Fljótavík
Von
Andvari
Starálfur
Dauðalogn
Varðeldur

Set 2

Untitled #1 – Vaka
Untitled #3 – Samskeyti
Heysátan
Ylur
Skel
All Alright
Untitled #5 – Álafoss
Sé lest
Hoppípolla

Definitely glad i made a trip to see them with a full orchestra. Brought a fuller element to the show. I’m continually amazed how in one concert i can smile, cry, be awestruck, and feel a strange lucidity all in a matter of a couple of hours. I received some news yesterday afternoon that lifted a many years’ weight off of my shoulders. Sitting there through the first few songs i couldn’t help but think about it all, and actually got a little anxious about the whole situation. Then Jonsi pulled me out of it with a long high note and i was smiling about it all. The first four songs didn’t seem to flow well, but by Von Jonsi had found his zone. The people next to me, a younger couple, were crying and picking their jaws up off the floor after most songs.

The new stuff translates well with the orchestra. There’s a song that sounds like the first half of festival, but with Jonsi hitting some crazy notes. Was the highlight for me.

Overall great show. Much more mellow, not really any “bangers” as Chris H_2’s son said. Had lunch with him and his son and hung out at the concert. He’s got a cool kid!

:thumbsup:

Sun August 20, 2023 8:39 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Ruddo texted me some stuff that suggests they have a white power cult following in Boston now

what do you mean “now?”

of course they do, they're Scandinavian

Sun August 20, 2023 10:21 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Definitely glad i made a trip to see them with a full orchestra. Brought a fuller element to the show

Namely, an orchestra

Sun August 20, 2023 10:27 pm

Nice

Wed August 23, 2023 2:47 pm

Thu August 24, 2023 3:06 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Definitely glad i made a trip to see them with a full orchestra. Brought a fuller element to the show. I’m continually amazed how in one concert i can smile, cry, be awestruck, and feel a strange lucidity all in a matter of a couple of hours... The people next to me, a younger couple, were crying and picking their jaws up off the floor after most songs.

Great description of the show, it'll definitely stand out as different from the other times I've seen. We also had people around us crying on again and off again through the show. My hope going in was that they'd play Ara Batur, but Idk if anybody could have handled that.

Tue September 05, 2023 3:41 pm

Tue September 05, 2023 5:08 pm

hmmm, not sure about this one; I prefer a folk / earthy aesthetic than a sci-fi / spacey one

Tue September 05, 2023 5:11 pm

what's the point in creating sparkly space aliens when Icelandic landscapes are right there? the Northern Lights? I'm not mad, it just doesn't make sense
Post a reply