The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11680
Location: Space City
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Helmet is one of my favorite bands in the world. Sublime sucks though.

cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Look guys, I was skeptical too, which is why I made sure that I was correct before I posted.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1096
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Only the last two records sucked. EV and everything that preceded it were great.

You think Like Clockwork sucked? It has a wee bit of filler, but "sucked" is a stretch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1096
Never mind - I forgot that it's either mindblowingly amazing or utter garbage with you. Pffft.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 40019
Location: Garbage Dump
Ello Sailor wrote:
Never mind - I forgot that it's either mindblowingly amazing or utter garbage with you. Pffft.

It’s not utter garbage. It’s just not good. We talked about this already - I find it depressing.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
I thought it was going to be this cool thriller and i got a corean jerking off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14892
Location: Cumberland, RI
cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Wow chud with the hot take

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 1096
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Never mind - I forgot that it's either mindblowingly amazing or utter garbage with you. Pffft.

It’s not utter garbage. It’s just not good. We talked about this already - I find it depressing.

If you feel depressed just go take a walk outside!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 40019
Location: Garbage Dump
Ello Sailor wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Never mind - I forgot that it's either mindblowingly amazing or utter garbage with you. Pffft.

It’s not utter garbage. It’s just not good. We talked about this already - I find it depressing.

If you feel depressed just go take a walk outside!!!!!

But it’s hot out there!!!!!

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
I thought it was going to be this cool thriller and i got a corean jerking off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Wow chud with the hot take

i've never understood so many people's inability to separate the bro-y, frat boy, date rapey vibe of sublime's fam base with their benign, and often really fun, music.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37553
Location: Mountains
Trag


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Strat wrote:
Trag

Memorial Day is a great time to play Doin' Time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7567
Location: Washington State
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Wow chud with the hot take

i've never understood so many people's inability to separate the bro-y, frat boy, date rapey vibe of sublime's fam base with their benign, and often really fun, music.

They literally have a song called "Date Rape" though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Wow chud with the hot take

i've never understood so many people's inability to separate the bro-y, frat boy, date rapey vibe of sublime's fam base with their benign, and often really fun, music.

They literally have a song called "Date Rape" though.

yeah but it's a good song


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11680
Location: Space City
tragabigzanda wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
sublime is awful


Wow chud with the hot take

i've never understood so many people's inability to separate the bro-y, frat boy, date rapey vibe of sublime's fam base with their benign, and often really fun, music.

Most of the tracks on Robbin' the Hood are better than everything on the self titled album minus Jailhouse>Pawn Shop>Paddle Out run.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
lol WM knows the whole discography


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14837
Location: Dat Azz
I’ve never heard any Sublime song that wasn’t a radio single.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 35622
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I don't mind sublime. Seems like a lot of their lyrics are really dark, though. Not fun. Or maybe it was about having fun in spite of the dark world they lived in. I never got the sense that they were celebrating the subjects in their music.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 19040
Location: Seattle, WA
"Psycho Candy" is my least favorite Jesus And Mary Chain album


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69324
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
"Psycho Candy" is my least favorite Jesus And Mary Chain album

You monster!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 23542
Location: the beach
honeys dead scratches my itch


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Fri January 18, 2019 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69324
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
doug rr wrote:
honeys dead scratches my itch

Is that an REM song?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: iweartwoshoes and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu February 21, 2019 12:16 pm