Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Unpopular Music Opinions

Wed January 03, 2018 10:45 pm

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:if weezer had stopped after Pinkerton, they'd be considered one of the best pop-rock bands of all time.

Maybe, but goddammit, they’ve sucked so incredibly hard since then.

I like a fair amount of Green.

Wed January 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I'm a "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" man myself.

I love a lot about that song, but I think the production and composition on Blue just doesn’t quite push most of the songs as far as I want them to go. That’s why I think Pinkerton is so much better. Pinkerton is a perfect album.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:15 pm

I can't wrap my brain around you making that post, LV.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:28 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I can't wrap my brain around you making that post, LV.

How come?

Thu January 04, 2018 7:30 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

How come?

Just given your other tastes and preferences and artistic sensibilities, this just feels like... not quite cognitive dissonance but something akin to it.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:34 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:I'm a "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" man myself.

I love a lot about that song, but I think the production and composition on Blue just doesn’t quite push most of the songs as far as I want them to go. That’s why I think Pinkerton is so much better. Pinkerton is a perfect album.

The few measures of drum and keyboard that kick off that album might be my favorite moment in Weezer's catalog. Warm and full sound...yet a little off. The album distinguishes itself from the rest of their catalog right then and there.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:35 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

How come?

Just given your other tastes and preferences and artistic sensibilities, this just feels like... not quite cognitive dissonance but something akin to it.

I like noisy music. Pinkerton is their noisiest album. I’m oversimplifying, of course, but that’s a huge part of why I gravitate to it.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:42 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

How come?

I like noisy music. Pinkerton is their noisiest album. I’m oversimplifying, of course, but that’s a huge part of why I gravitate to it.

Hey, I love it, too. I just never would have guessed that you liked it enough to call it a "perfect" album. But I'm glad you feel that way.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:46 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

How come?

Hey, I love it, too. I just never would have guessed that you liked it enough to call it a "perfect" album. But I'm glad you feel that way.

I’ve always thought it was really good but I’ve been kinda obsessed with it for the last couple weeks. It’s amazing.

Thu January 04, 2018 7:52 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

How come?

I’ve always thought it was really good but I’ve been kinda obsessed with it for the last couple weeks. It’s amazing.

It's such a great record. I went back to it a few months ago after a long time away from it and was blown away by how well it stands up. It's an all-timer.

Tue January 30, 2018 1:57 am

That Antemasque album was way better than the new ATDI album.

Tue January 30, 2018 5:34 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:That Antemasque album was way better than the new ATDI album.

I take severe umbrage to that sentiment, and I don't even think the ATDI album was that good.

Antemasque is like the worst album they did outside of Omar's 9 million solo ones and that piece of shit Amputechture.

Tue January 30, 2018 7:58 am

Antemasque is a fantastic rock record loaded with memorable hooks and energetic performances. It feels free and loose and fun. There's not a bad song in the bunch. It seems like the weight of expectation (and the glaring absence of Jim Ward) cast a pall over interalia that prevented it from being the burst of energy an ATDI album needs to be in order to work. They're trying too hard. Antemasque is just them playing and creating naturally, without catering to anything.

Thu February 01, 2018 6:12 pm

This is such a great album:

Thu February 01, 2018 6:15 pm

contamination wrote:This is such a great album:

Yes! I haven't listened to that in ages. Man...

Thu February 01, 2018 6:23 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
contamination wrote:This is such a great album:

Yes! I haven't listened to that in ages. Man...

I don't know why it came to my mind recently, but I've been listening it a lot during the past couple of weeks. It's actually playing as we speak! What an awesome debut album!

Thu February 01, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm gonna need to give this a listen when I get home, I think.

Thu February 01, 2018 6:27 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I'm gonna need to give this a listen when I get home, I think.

You should!

Tue March 13, 2018 9:14 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:“Surf Wax America” and “In the Garage” are the best songs on Weezer’s Blue Album.

I might agree with you.

I think I do too

Tue March 13, 2018 9:15 pm

People go nuts over pet sounds n the early hits, but Kokomo is the best beach boys song
Post a reply