The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue July 26, 2016 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10566
Location: Mizzou
PHATJ wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
zeb wrote:
I don't get the love for Andy Wood's musical stylings at all.


Andy Wood has gotten a lot of mileage (years after his death) out of the fact that he was friends with much better musicians.


:thumbsup:


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue July 26, 2016 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 1962
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
zeb wrote:
I don't get the love for Andy Wood's musical stylings at all.


Andy Wood has gotten a lot of mileage (years after his death) out of the fact that he was friends with much better musicians.


:thumbsup:


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Without wood, there would have been no ashes for Pearl Jam to rise from.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue July 26, 2016 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13343
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
zeb wrote:
I don't get the love for Andy Wood's musical stylings at all.


Andy Wood has gotten a lot of mileage (years after his death) out of the fact that he was friends with much better musicians.


:thumbsup:


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Without wood, there would have been no ashes for Pearl Jam to rise from.



at this point, that might be a check in the "con" column for mr. wood's legacy.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 475
McParadigm wrote:
Metallica doesn't have any good albums.


agreed, only good songs

_________________
"Can you visualize perfection?
Cause every ryder in my set
labelled a vet best in their profession
Don't hold your breath,
stick to Smith & Wesson
Steady study your lessons
to keep the crowd guessin"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 03, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 475
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
In general, Tupac and Biggie don't do much of anything for me.


Tupac>Biggie for one simple reason.. Replay value, Tupac was almost like a rock star

_________________
"Can you visualize perfection?
Cause every ryder in my set
labelled a vet best in their profession
Don't hold your breath,
stick to Smith & Wesson
Steady study your lessons
to keep the crowd guessin"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29350
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Perturbator > Bon Iver

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13676
Location: Seattle, WA
I don't enjoy Bon Iver


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57249
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 40273
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57249
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 40273
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?

it's really close, but i think i slightly lean toward the second

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29350
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?

it's really close, but i think i slightly lean toward the second

His later country music shit is pretty bad, though.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57249
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?

it's really close, but i think i slightly lean toward the second

His later country music shit is pretty bad, though.

I don't know about all that. But Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, The Young Guns 2 soundtrack and Keep the Faith (more or less) are fucking amazing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27705
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?

it's really close, but i think i slightly lean toward the second

His later country music shit is pretty bad, though.

Was that Jon Bon Jovi, or Bon Jovi the band?

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Tue October 04, 2016 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57249
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
theplatypus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I very much enjoy Bon Jovi.

me too

Which is your favorite album?

it's really close, but i think i slightly lean toward the second

His later country music shit is pretty bad, though.

Was that Jon Bon Jovi, or Bon Jovi the band?

I'm sure it was JBJ solo. Though, Richie probably played on a fair amount of that stuff, too. So, basically the band.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 1844
melonhead4 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
In general, Tupac and Biggie don't do much of anything for me.


Tupac>Biggie for one simple reason.. Replay value, Tupac was almost like a rock star

Biggie has no replay value? Really?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57249
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Orpheus wrote:
melonhead4 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
In general, Tupac and Biggie don't do much of anything for me.


Tupac>Biggie for one simple reason.. Replay value, Tupac was almost like a rock star

Biggie has no replay value? Really?

Maybe he meant Tupac as better replay value, not that Biggie has none.

Either way, this is the unpopular music opinions thread.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 753
Location: WI
The Replacements have got to be one of the most difficult bands to get into posthumously.

The albums with good songs have shitty production, and the albums with decent production have (mostly) shitty songs. Fatal combo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17851
tmcs wrote:
The Replacements have got to be one of the most difficult bands to get into posthumously.

The albums with good songs have shitty production, and the albums with decent production have (mostly) shitty songs. Fatal combo.

I have the exact same problem with Bob Mould/Husker Du.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Music Opinions
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 753
Location: WI
tragabigzanda wrote:
tmcs wrote:
The Replacements have got to be one of the most difficult bands to get into posthumously.

The albums with good songs have shitty production, and the albums with decent production have (mostly) shitty songs. Fatal combo.

I have the exact same problem with Bob Mould/Husker Du.


I have this problem with most music from the 80s tbh.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed January 17, 2018 6:33 am