The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 Post subject: Re: Grateful Dead
PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 9:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

liebzz wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
In case liebzz wants to dive back in sooner rather than later, here are 110 of the Hunter's Trix shows in FLAC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gratefuldead/c ... r_dropbox/

Jeezuz man! 110 shows!?

I have a few Dead errands - that show attached to the 50th Anniversary debut, and once it comes on Spotify, the show on the 50th Anniversary American Beauty are starters along with those ‘87 Hartford shows.

On a side note, I randomly heard again That’s It for the Other One from Fillmore West ‘69 - I was blown away all over again.

Of all the many things I listened to so far, I have to say Ladies and Gentlemen had to be my favorite. I can’t think of a single release in all of music that fits my taste better than that.

That is a truly fantastic release; it is one of my favorites too.

The Hunter's Trix series really heightened my appreciation for the post-1979 stuff -- not every matrix is great, but some of them are perfect (the Frost '82 shows I linked to earlier were from this series). Except for '89-'90, the Mydland era and beyond is not very well served by the official releases, so these shows really helped plug some gaps for me :thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: Grateful Dead
PostPosted: Sun December 06, 2020 9:29 pm 
Future Drummer

I listened to American Beauty again today, but the 50th Anniversary edition with the show from the Capitol Theatre from 2/18/71. Only in the first set so far but it sounds great. It Hurts Me Too was killer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands