Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Fri June 17, 2022 7:15 pm

In my youth I was definitely a sing along with every word kinda guy. But then I went to see CSN&Y in like 2000 (?) and that was the very night I stopped that shit. I'll still sing along with big choruses sometimes, especially with my favorites like Pearl Jam or The Decemberists. And I mouth/lip sync a lot. But that's about it anymore.

Fri June 17, 2022 7:32 pm

I don’t sing along at all bc I don’t want to upstage the lead singer

Fri June 17, 2022 7:50 pm

I try to sing just loud enough to impress myself but not offend anyone within 1’ proximity

Fri June 17, 2022 7:52 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I try to sing just loud enough to impress myself but not offend anyone within 1’ proximity

:heartbeat:

Fri June 17, 2022 8:35 pm

I sing along to every song like I’m ACDC’s Brian Johnson, no matter who or what band I’m seeing.

Fri June 17, 2022 9:13 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:I sing along to every song like I’m ACDC’s Brian Johnson, no matter who or what band I’m seeing.

“Ohhhhh I’m still alive yeaaaaah (done dirt cheap!)”

Fri June 17, 2022 9:49 pm

Didn’t really go over well with the people I stood by that one time I saw Elliott Smith

Mon June 20, 2022 12:47 am

I saw Ron Sexsmith at a quiet dinner joint and my mate's wife is a singer and she sang harmonies to the whole show. It fucked me right off. Never again will I see a show with her.

Mon June 20, 2022 12:50 am

LetMeSleep wrote:I saw Ron Sexsmith at a quiet dinner joint and my mate's wife is a singer and she sang harmonies to the whole show. It fucked me right off. Never again will I see a show with her.

Oh dear. Why do people do this sort of thing? I get that you're a singer but I didn't pay $100 to listen to you warble, luv. STFU.

Mon June 20, 2022 1:26 am

Higgs wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:I saw Ron Sexsmith at a quiet dinner joint and my mate's wife is a singer and she sang harmonies to the whole show. It fucked me right off. Never again will I see a show with her.

Oh dear. Why do people do this sort of thing? I get that you're a singer but I didn't pay $100 to listen to you warble, luv. STFU.

Exactly.

Strange part was I played on her album and I played that exact venue with her and her husband a few times.

Fri June 24, 2022 5:06 pm

Is "give me your heart, make it real, or else forget about it" the best or worst lyric in pop-rock history?

Fri June 24, 2022 5:16 pm

I don't think it's either. It's just OK

Fri June 24, 2022 5:17 pm

Even when it's paired with "let's don't forget about it!" at the end?

Fri June 24, 2022 5:46 pm

How is there not a gif here of the Fonz jumping over a shark to describe this very moment in Santana’s career?

Fri June 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Fri June 24, 2022 7:09 pm

lol

Sun June 26, 2022 1:20 am

I am 34 and Limp Bizkit was indeed very important to me and my friends about twenty of those years ago

Tue June 28, 2022 12:25 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Over their lifetime, Mushroomhead has gone through many changes in band lineups, with drummer Steve Felton being the only consistent member.

Almost thirty years on.

Fri July 01, 2022 12:52 am

Was never super into the Ramones and it’d been a long time since I listened to a whole album by them, but I listened through Rocket to Russia twice today so I might go on a little ramones kick. I can’t wait to be really let down by End of the Century once again.

Fri July 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Over it
Post a reply