Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Wed July 28, 2021 10:22 pm

VinylGuy wrote::heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: Jennifer Connelly

My god. She’s an angel

Sun August 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Tue August 03, 2021 4:43 am

More power to him. Shit is hilarious, and he knows it.

Tue August 03, 2021 6:15 pm

Didn't Eddie Vedder have that exact hair cut?

Tue August 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Shut the fuck up, Bammer.

Tue August 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Wed August 04, 2021 9:55 pm

Pretty dissapointed with that Morello/Springsteen/Vedder cover of Highway to Hell

Wed August 04, 2021 10:04 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Image

ngl, i think durst wore it better.

Thu August 05, 2021 12:28 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Image

Is he doing the Lincoln-McConaughey booger-roll?

Thu August 05, 2021 3:03 am

What are your fav. guitar tracks? I submit:

Thu August 05, 2021 3:44 am

Ello Sailor wrote:Shut the fuck up, Bammer.

The Bammer account is equally confused and flattered by this random shout out.

Thu August 05, 2021 4:04 am

I just assumed it was you. Apologies, Tommy.

Thu August 05, 2021 6:41 pm

how long until Rivers Cuomo releases a cover of "Watermelon Sugar"?

Thu August 05, 2021 8:23 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:how long until Rivers Cuomo releases a cover of "Watermelon Sugar"?

What day is today?

Sat August 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Made an interesting playlist to familiarize/prioritize my Sea Hear Now experience. Took every artist, in ascending order, and plucked the four top songs for each on Spotify (you can’t really ever tell a band from 4 songs but better than 1 song). I got through the Saturday lineup and it’s mostly pretty solid.

Sat August 07, 2021 9:00 pm

liebzz wrote:Made an interesting playlist to familiarize/prioritize my Sea Hear Now experience. Took every artist, in ascending order, and plucked the four top songs for each on Spotify (you can’t really ever tell a band from 4 songs but better than 1 song). I got through the Saturday lineup and it’s mostly pretty solid.

White Denim are great. I haven't heard the majority of the other acts.

Sun August 08, 2021 12:51 am

HIRIE was okay. Kind of reggae pop thing going on. Cory Henry and the Funk Apostles I had heard before - it’s kind of exactly what it sounds like in the title. White Denim were great and had serious range in the 4 songs I heard. Briston Maroney is very bluesy rock. Reignwolf is the one real hard rock band there on that first day. Matt & Kim is indie pop - not my thing really with synthetic beats but i am sure there’ll be plenty of hipsters in skin tight green jeans and whatnot hanging out there on their day off the trust fund yacht. Dr. Dog was pretty good. Goose seemed the most jammy of the bands. Patti Scialfa was unbearable - I did not make it through all four songs. Patti Smith is like the female Neil Young - she’s awesome. Lord Huron was better in this format for me than just hearing the newest album - I was surprised juxtaposed with the other artists that I was really into them. Avett Brothers we’re fine. I didn’t listen to Pearl Jam since I am moderately familiar with their output but the four top songs shockingly came off their little known first album.

Tue August 10, 2021 9:44 am

I didn't realise until today that Peter Svensson, guitarist and primary songwriter in Swedish alt-pop band The Cardigans, has written a bunch of songs for Ariana Grande, The Weeknd and others in recent years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Svensson

Anyway, this song remains perfect:

Tue August 10, 2021 12:56 pm

liebzz wrote:Made an interesting playlist to familiarize/prioritize my Sea Hear Now experience. Took every artist, in ascending order, and plucked the four top songs for each on Spotify (you can’t really ever tell a band from 4 songs but better than 1 song). I got through the Saturday lineup and it’s mostly pretty solid.

I have no examples at the ready, but I think you can tell a lot of artists/bands from 4 of their songs.

Thu August 12, 2021 4:09 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I didn't realise until today that Peter Svensson, guitarist and primary songwriter in Swedish alt-pop band The Cardigans, has written a bunch of songs for Ariana Grande, The Weeknd and others in recent years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Svensson

Anyway, this song remains perfect:

This band ruled. Fair play to Svensson for going on to make bank in writing.

I love 'Erase / Rewind', but 'My Favourite Game' is the nostalgia trip for me. Certified banger.
Post a reply