Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Thu November 26, 2020 3:24 pm

I feel like I should like Khruangbin but I really don't think I do.

Thu November 26, 2020 6:07 pm

You suck at listening to music. Khruangbin kicks all kinds of ass.

Thu November 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:You suck at listening to music. Khruangbin kicks all kinds of ass.
I like them musically, and then they sing and ruin everything.

Fri November 27, 2020 2:11 am

surfndestroy wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:You suck at listening to music. Khruangbin kicks all kinds of ass.

I enjoyed their first album from a few years ago. Looked forward to #2 but was underwhelmed. Interest has waned for #3. Cool you're into them though - lots are.

Fri November 27, 2020 3:47 am

This is the best thing ever

Fri November 27, 2020 5:28 am

Corgan's a dick.

He's a dick for many reasons, but right now, to me, he's a dick for discrediting Siamese Dream. He praises Mellon Collie over Siamese Dream because Flood made a conscious effort to capture their live sound on a lot of songs, thus making it more authentic, while Siamese Dream was essentially perfect with its overdubs and layering. That doesn't make Siamese Dream any less incredible, though. Maybe he feels the need to talk down on Siamese Dream because Mellon Collie is turning 25? Who knows.

Corgan's a dick.

Fri November 27, 2020 5:32 am

dimejinky99 wrote:This is the best thing ever

That's really funny. It almost sounds like he loses the accent a little by the end there and it starts sounding like Italian

Fri November 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:Corgan's a dick.

He's a dick for many reasons, but right now, to me, he's a dick for discrediting Siamese Dream. He praises Mellon Collie over Siamese Dream because Flood made a conscious effort to capture their live sound on a lot of songs, thus making it more authentic, while Siamese Dream was essentially perfect with its overdubs and layering. That doesn't make Siamese Dream any less incredible, though. Maybe he feels the need to talk down on Siamese Dream because Mellon Collie is turning 25? Who knows.

Corgan's a dick.

He will claim the opposite in the future, im sure.

Fri November 27, 2020 2:56 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

Corgan's a dick.

We have always been at war with Eurasia and always will be

Fri November 27, 2020 2:58 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

Corgan's a dick.

Presumably in 2023, when Siamese Dream's 30th anniversary needs promotin'.

It's an interesting opinion, though -- I've never really thought about Mellon Collie as a more natural or live-sounding record, but I guess in a lot of ways it really is. The fact that it is so varied sonically masks that fact somewhat. Conversely, despite its layering, Siamese Dream feels very natural and I guess "raw" to me; any studio magic on it only serves to enhance what is already natural to the Pumpkins' sound.

What is his most recent take on Gish?

Fri November 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Corgan's a dick.

Siamese Dream floors me every time I spin it. Mellon Collie can overwhelm me at times. A vast ocean that is hard to fathom as a single body of work.

Sun November 29, 2020 1:51 am

Adam and Immy from Counting Crows just did an impromptu acoustic Facebook live set, with some dude called Stephen Kellogg (I need to find his songs), and I really needed that tonight

Tue December 01, 2020 2:19 am

dragula was on the radio the other day

Tue December 01, 2020 3:02 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:dragula was on the radio the other day

just played the video a few hours ago. Loved it.

Tue December 01, 2020 3:06 am

VinylGuy wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:dragula was on the radio the other day

just played the video a few hours ago. Loved it.

weird

Thu December 03, 2020 6:19 pm

I listened to the new Balkun Brothers album today. They continue to amaze me in that I can’t believe two guys are playing this crazy mashup of blues, hard rock, garage rock, punk, and at moments metal so effectively. I, however, still haven’t heard a song from them I really care about. But it sure is loud.

Thu December 03, 2020 6:33 pm

liebzz wrote:I, however, still haven’t heard a song from them I really care about. But it sure is loud.

This is basically all modern rock music to me.

Thu December 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Higgs wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

I enjoyed their first album from a few years ago. Looked forward to #2 but was underwhelmed. Interest has waned for #3. Cool you're into them though - lots are.

Agreed. They should stop singing.
The Universe Smiles Upon You is pretty perfect though.

I've been pretty underwhelmed and bored with everything since that, but they are still a cool band.

Thu December 03, 2020 10:46 pm

On account of everyone hyping that Fiona Apple record, I took a listen today. I think it’s very good, but I am not sure I am ready to anoint it the next Rubber Soul, let alone best album of the year. But I thought it was good.

Fri December 04, 2020 4:09 am

liebzz wrote:On account of everyone hyping that Fiona Apple record, I took a listen today. I think it’s very good, but I am not sure I am ready to anoint it the next Rubber Soul, let alone best album of the year. But I thought it was good.

Says there guy who freely admits he doesn't like listening to things that people say he should listen to. :P
Post a reply