Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Thu October 29, 2020 7:05 am

When you accused me of owning a plug chain necklace during my funk metal phase, though--that was an outstanding roast. :nice:

Fri October 30, 2020 12:46 am

Fri October 30, 2020 8:21 pm

It’s so weird how Led Zeppelin killed jimmy page 25 years ago and replaced him with a chubby Asian guy and nobody ever says anything about it

Fri October 30, 2020 11:05 pm

are you talking about Jimmy Sakurai? might've worked, if the lights were really dim.

Wed November 04, 2020 12:26 am

Float On by Modest Mouse had an uncanny ability to make me feel happy no matter what is happening

Wed November 04, 2020 12:45 am

They were so great, especially The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon & Antarctica

Wed November 04, 2020 12:49 am

And Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks EP, which is just Moon outtakes, probably contains my fav. songs.

Wed November 04, 2020 1:00 am

Ello Sailor wrote:They were so great, especially The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon & Antarctica

Yeah those are my two favorites by far, but admittedly the two I’m most familiar with

Wed November 04, 2020 2:52 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:They were so great, especially The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon & Antarctica

Yeah those are my two favorites by far, but admittedly the two I’m most familiar with

i've always held onto them as a favorite band, much like PJ. meaning that i'm a little more nostalgic about what was, but always excited and interested about what is.

Sat November 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Jimmy Buffett - a pirate looks at 40 is such a great song

I'm not a big fan of his but that song rules n reminds me of the beach

I know he has other cool chill songs like this (come Monday, Havana daydreaming).. what are some others so I can make a mix??

Mon November 09, 2020 12:32 pm

What are some artists you think you'd enjoy more if they weren't overplayed by those around you? Oasis definitely qualifies for me. A good friend of mine would listen to nothing but Oasis for years and it left me feeling like I never needed to hear another Oasis song for as long as I lived. But, revisiting a bunch of their work, I've realized I actually quite like them. Weird.

Mon November 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:What are some artists you think you'd enjoy more if they weren't overplayed by those around you? Oasis definitely qualifies for me. A good friend of mine would listen to nothing but Oasis for years and it left me feeling like I never needed to hear another Oasis song for as long as I lived. But, revisiting a bunch of their work, I've realized I actually quite like them. Weird.

Bon Iver and everything in his orbit. He's practically a saint here.

Tue November 10, 2020 6:44 pm

ghost wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:What are some artists you think you'd enjoy more if they weren't overplayed by those around you? Oasis definitely qualifies for me. A good friend of mine would listen to nothing but Oasis for years and it left me feeling like I never needed to hear another Oasis song for as long as I lived. But, revisiting a bunch of their work, I've realized I actually quite like them. Weird.

Bon Iver and everything in his orbit. He's practically a saint here.

Maybe it’s COVID or maybe just how time went on but I exist mostly in my own universe now when it comes to music. However, when I was younger, I would say I got turned off from Oasis, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Fiona Apple, etc. by the unending hype. Same happened with Beck but I got over that and enjoyed his work. I basically learned that I could be exposed to various artists but don’t like to be told what I am supposed to like. Since no one tells me what I should like any more, I find myself more open.

Wed November 11, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm starting to obsess over Lera Lynn.

I gave her new album a spin a while ago not realizing that I'd heard the stuff she'd done on the True Detective 2 soundtrack. Now I'm down the rabbit hole. I just want to listen to all of her stuff all the time.

Her latest is quickly climbing my 2020 chart as well. She's fantastic.

Wed November 11, 2020 11:04 pm

Tall praise because that is a lot of climbing

Wed November 11, 2020 11:11 pm

At this rate she'll end up in the top 10!

Thu November 12, 2020 7:04 am

Jorge wrote:Tall praise because that is a lot of climbing

:haha:

Thu November 12, 2020 7:47 pm

I just realized the Philip Bailey that sang Easy Lover with Phil Collins was the same Philip Bailey in Earth WInd & Fire. I'm slow.

Thu November 12, 2020 7:52 pm

bada wrote:I just realized the Philip Bailey that sang Easy Lover with Phil Collins was the same Philip Bailey in Earth WInd & Fire. I'm slow.

i have ever told my philip bailey story here? that was one weird night in downtown denver back in the 90s..

Thu November 12, 2020 8:28 pm

doug rr wrote:
bada wrote:I just realized the Philip Bailey that sang Easy Lover with Phil Collins was the same Philip Bailey in Earth WInd & Fire. I'm slow.

i have ever told my philip bailey story here? that was one weird night in downtown denver back in the 90s..

You have not! Let's hear it.

I love that song, btw. Written by Collins and Eric Clapton's bass player at the time, Nathan East.
Post a reply