Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Tue October 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Jorge wrote:We have a music news thread Rangi!!!

I was too lazy to look, and this thread was near the top

Tue October 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:

I like this posting logic and think all of RM should start using it.

"I know there's a jazz thread here somewhere, but hey, the National thread is at the top of the page, looks like as good of a place as any..."

Tue October 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

I like this posting logic and think all of RM should start using it.

"I know there's a jazz thread here somewhere, but hey, the National thread is at the top of the page, looks like as good of a place as any..."

Thread integrity died around here a long, long time ago. I have no regrets!

Wed October 21, 2020 5:15 am

I had no idea Genesis was formed in '67. Between Gabriel and Collins I have a shitload of catching up to do.

Wed October 21, 2020 6:22 am

2-3 pages of Radiohead bukake and Rangi gets taken on thread integrity notice for 1 post.

RM clique 4 lyfe.

Wed October 21, 2020 6:35 am

This is chaos!

Wed October 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Jorge wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:I woke up with 'Packt Like Sardines In a Crushed Tin Box' in my head, which is strange because I haven't listened to that song in years. Anyone else experienced similar?

Yeah, "The Logical Song" by Supertramp a few nights ago. I hate that song so it sucked

"Orinoco Flow" today

Wed October 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Your internal jukebox is killing it, dude. Love Enya.

Wed October 21, 2020 9:37 pm

in college my roommate freshman year used to fall asleep to enya. it was very relaxing. he texted me recently to tell me that there's been a resurgence of enya love recently. coincidentally, a couple of days later, i saw an article from pitchfork essentially saying the same thing. https://pitchfork.com/features/article/ ... verywhere/

Wed October 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Ha! Platy is such a pitchfork reader

Wed October 21, 2020 10:48 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:2-3 pages of Radiohead bukake and Rangi gets taken on thread integrity notice for 1 post.

RM clique 4 lyfe.

I was just yanking your chain, Rangi -- I actually kind of hate the concept of "thread integrity." I think it dates back to early in my RM tenure when I tried to start a Miles Davis thread and somebody chided me for not first finding the other one that was like six years old and had three posts in it.

I would actually love it if people started posting about jazz in the National thread.

Wed October 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:in college my roommate freshman year used to fall asleep to enya. it was very relaxing. he texted me recently to tell me that there's been a resurgence of enya love recently. coincidentally, a couple of days later, i saw an article from pitchfork essentially saying the same thing. https://pitchfork.com/features/article/ ... verywhere/

That's a nice article

Thu October 22, 2020 1:31 am

Ello Sailor wrote:I had no idea Genesis was formed in '67. Between Gabriel and Collins I have a shitload of catching up to do.

Their run of albums from 1972 thru 1980 is pretty solid, especially up to Trick of the Tail. Foxtrot, Selling England by The Pound, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Trick of the Tail, Wind & Withering, Then There Were Three and Duke all have something to offer. There’s also a live album that mostly documents the Trick of the Tail tour.

Thu October 22, 2020 1:55 am

I can't get it up for any era of Genesis. I find them to be dreadfully boring as far as "prog rock" goes, no matter who is playing or singing.

Fri October 23, 2020 2:38 am

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:I can't get it up for any era of Genesis. I find them to be dreadfully boring as far as "prog rock" goes, no matter who is playing or singing.

What are your thoughts on Jethro Tull?

Fri October 23, 2020 10:48 am

epilogue wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:I can't get it up for any era of Genesis. I find them to be dreadfully boring as far as "prog rock" goes, no matter who is playing or singing.

The opposite. Tull is one of my favorite bands ever.

Fri October 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
epilogue wrote:

The opposite. Tull is one of my favorite bands ever.

I've always liked you WCT.

Do you have a favorite Tull record? I could easily make a top five but I'd have a really difficult time putting them in any kind of order.

Fri October 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Just started Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Rendition Was In) covers album by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings released today. Good god I miss her voice. One of my all time favorite singers.

Fri October 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Steven Wilson’s Grace For Drowning is a top ten album of the century for me

Fri October 23, 2020 9:43 pm

surfndestroy wrote:Steven Wilson’s Grace For Drowning is a top ten album of the century for me

Never heard of this. First song has immediately grabbed me. Thanks!
Post a reply