Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Thu August 02, 2018 2:41 am

Kevin Davis wrote:I wonder if Dime was confusing Post Malone with Karl Malone

I did that all the time

Thu August 02, 2018 2:45 am

Lol. I'm glad I opened this thread

Thu August 02, 2018 2:56 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:I wonder if Dime was confusing Post Malone with Karl Malone

I did that all the time

He was a post player, and his nickname was "The Mailman." It really does make sense on a lot of levels.

Thu August 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Who makes a dubstep remix of Band Of Horses “The Funeral”? Why??

Thu August 02, 2018 4:12 pm

I am going to see Band of Horses this weekend, it turns out. They're playing in town and I managed to score some free tickets. I haven't listened to anything since "Infinite Arms" but it should be a good show.

Thu August 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:I am going to see Band of Horses this weekend, it turns out. They're playing in town and I managed to score some free tickets. I haven't listened to anything since "Infinite Arms" but it should be a good show.

So excited for you. I love that band. I've only seen them live once, but it was a really good time.

Thu August 02, 2018 7:46 pm

I've never listened to Alabama Shakes before. I put on their Sound & Color album today on a recommendation. I'm only four songs in but I goddamn love it. It sounds incredible. It's one of the best produced/mixed albums I think I've heard in a while.

Thu August 02, 2018 7:50 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I've never listened to Alabama Shakes before. I put on their Sound & Color album today on a recommendation. I'm only four songs in but I goddamn love it. It sounds incredible. It's one of the best produced/mixed albums I think I've heard in a while.

That is a fantastic album.

Thu August 02, 2018 8:05 pm

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I've never listened to Alabama Shakes before. I put on their Sound & Color album today on a recommendation. I'm only four songs in but I goddamn love it. It sounds incredible. It's one of the best produced/mixed albums I think I've heard in a while.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So far, it's sort of staggering how good it is. Like, how have I not given this thing any attention until now? It's really goddamn great. At least, the first four songs are.

Thu August 02, 2018 8:12 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

So far, it's sort of staggering how good it is. Like, how have I not given this thing any attention until now? It's really goddamn great. At least, the first four songs are.

I'll be revisiting it later bc I'm going by memory, but yes, it doesn't feel overdone in any way.

Now, I feel like I'm their pitch-man recently, but I have similar feelings about Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats's new album, Tearing at the Seams. Give it a listen if you want.

Thu August 02, 2018 8:20 pm

elliseamos wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
elliseamos wrote:

I'll be revisiting it later bc I'm going by memory, but yes, it doesn't feel overdone in any way.

Now, I feel like I'm their pitch-man recently, but I have similar feelings about Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats's new album, Tearing at the Seams. Give it a listen if you want.

:nice:

I'll look into it. Thanks!

Thu August 02, 2018 8:20 pm

my wife refused to believe that they had a female singer when their first album came out. even when i showed her a picture, she thought i was trolling her (i don't blame her). she didn't believe it until they were on SNL.

Thu August 02, 2018 8:21 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:

my wife refused to believe that they had a female singer when their first album came out. even when i showed her a picture, she thought i was trolling her (i don't blame her). she didn't believe it until they were on SNL.

:lol:

women. amirite?

Thu August 02, 2018 8:22 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

women. amirite?

Thu August 02, 2018 8:23 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

women. amirite?

talk about shandy

Thu August 02, 2018 8:24 pm

this is getting out of shand

Thu August 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Thu August 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Sleight of Shand