Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Thu July 12, 2018 7:39 pm

This is Daniel Johns of the band Silverchair, plus one of the Empire of the Sun dudes, with their new thing, I guess. This is a single they've released. It sounds like something I would hear coming from the MySpace page of a band opening for The Rapture in 2003. In the worst way.

Thu July 12, 2018 7:42 pm

I'll never understand why someone who has success and money would pursue creating that sort of music, which makes me think he must just genuinely like it.

Thu July 12, 2018 7:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAA

that was the most trite thing i've seen in a long, long time.

Thu July 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Johns actually has a nice and unique voice (at least on the later SC albums), not sure why he'd want to be involved in a project that's reduces his singing down to series of hackneyed chants.

Thu July 12, 2018 8:00 pm

i guess yelling into bull horns is still a thing?

is it?

or are they just riding a wave that's already crashed onto shore?

Thu July 12, 2018 8:01 pm

The whole thing sounds crazy dated.

Thu July 12, 2018 8:02 pm

DREAMS

Fri July 13, 2018 12:00 am

I'm walking in a straight line

Fri July 13, 2018 12:40 am

theplatypus wrote:This is Daniel Johns of the band Silverchair, plus one of the Empire of the Sun dudes, with their new thing, I guess. This is a single they've released. It sounds like something I would hear coming from the MySpace page of a band opening for The Rapture in 2003. In the worst way.

He'll make it up to you in the year 2000.

Fri July 13, 2018 2:02 am

I think there's a legitimate chance '70s and '80s soft rock could become my favorite genre of music

Fri July 13, 2018 2:03 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I think there's a legitimate chance '70s and '80s soft rock could become my favorite genre of music

let me know where you want to start or veer off to

Fri July 13, 2018 2:09 am

doug rr wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:I think there's a legitimate chance '70s and '80s soft rock could become my favorite genre of music

Oh I'm started. Steely Dan was the gateway drug. Next came Fleetwood Mac and Chris Rea. Now I'm feasting on John Martyn, Ned Doheny, Boz Scaggs, Christopher Cross, The Doobie Brothers, and Gino Vannelli. Mindblowingly great music.

Fri July 13, 2018 2:13 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Oh I'm started. Steely Dan was the gateway drug. Next came Fleetwood Mac and Chris Rea. Now I'm feasting on John Martyn, Ned Doheny, Boz Scaggs, Christopher Cross, The Doobie Brothers, and Gino Vannelli. Mindblowingly great music.

let me know when you want to go softer

Fri July 13, 2018 2:14 am

doug rr wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

teach me sensei

Fri July 13, 2018 2:30 am

:luv: :luv: :luv: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Fri July 13, 2018 4:10 am

theplatypus wrote:This is Daniel Johns of the band Silverchair, plus one of the Empire of the Sun dudes, with their new thing, I guess. This is a single they've released. It sounds like something I would hear coming from the MySpace page of a band opening for The Rapture in 2003. In the worst way.

And yet just a few years ago he released an album with producer/dj Paul Mac under the name 'The Dissociatives' that imo was genuinely great and included this ear-wormy piece of poppy goodness:

An unusual man is our Mr Johns...

Fri July 13, 2018 5:38 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
doug rr wrote:

teach me sensei

Can I join this class, please?

Fri July 13, 2018 5:44 am

i'm with you on everything except Gino.

Fri July 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Higgs wrote:

And yet just a few years ago he released an album with producer/dj Paul Mac under the name 'The Dissociatives' that imo was genuinely great and included this ear-wormy piece of poppy goodness:

An unusual man is our Mr Johns...

Yeah, DJ does poppy pretty well. He even convinced his Silverchair bandmates to do some good stuff. Straight Lines is actually a great song. I just wish he'd commit to something, a band, a serious solo effort, something.

Fri July 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:

He'll make it up to you in the year 2000.

AL
Post a reply