Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Fri June 29, 2018 5:56 pm

And I had to look up the spelling of rufhi

Fri June 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Just realized that Lee Hazlewood and Lee Greenwood are two different people. Never could figure out why so many people whose musical taste I respect were unironically listening to the "Proud to be an American" guy.

Fri June 29, 2018 9:53 pm

guestT wrote:Just realized that Lee Hazlewood and Lee Greenwood are two different people. Never could figure out why so many people whose musical taste I respect were unironically listening to the "Proud to be an American" guy.

You can proudly stand UP!

Fri June 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Fri June 29, 2018 10:22 pm

High Horse might be my favorite track of the year so far. It just keeps getting better.

Fri June 29, 2018 10:43 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:High Horse might be my favorite track of the year so far. It just keeps getting better.

"Somewhere a Judge" by Hop Along for me. Can't quit that tune.

Fri June 29, 2018 10:49 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:High Horse might be my favorite track of the year so far. It just keeps getting better.

you can take the boy out of kansas, but...

Fri June 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:

Hell fucking yeah.

Fri June 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:

Goddamn, I need to listen to the new Hop Along album. I can't believe I haven't yet!

Sat June 30, 2018 3:34 am

I listened to Bjork's Black Lake for the first time in a couple of months today.

What an incredible fucking song!

Sat June 30, 2018 5:56 am

run2death wrote:I listened to Bjork's Black Lake for the first time in a couple of months today.

What an incredible fucking song!

family was always
our sacred mutual mission
which you abandoned

and that was the first Bjork song I've heard, thank you :)

Sat June 30, 2018 6:00 am

I know I heard one or two Bjork songs back in the 90s. I don’t think I’ve heard one since.

Sat June 30, 2018 11:42 am

PHATJ wrote:I know I heard one or two Bjork songs back in the 90s. I don’t think I’ve heard one since.

You should listen some more. Bjork is pretty great, although some of her music can be along the lines of an "acquired taste"

Sat June 30, 2018 11:43 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
PHATJ wrote:I know I heard one or two Bjork songs back in the 90s. I don’t think I’ve heard one since.

You should listen some more. Bjork is pretty great, although some of her music can be along the lines of an "acquired taste"

http://archive.theskyiscrape.com/viewto ... =2&t=81649

Sat June 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Pete

Sat June 30, 2018 12:02 pm

yes?

Sat June 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Sigh

Sat June 30, 2018 12:05 pm

good morning

Sat June 30, 2018 12:47 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:do you regularly listen to any internet radio stations? (or, actual stations with a feed?) i still regularly listen to SomaFM. usually when i'm at home working and just want something i can mindlessly put on.

I'll still listen to KCRW occasionally.

nice. i'll add them to my Sonos.

most of my radio consumption is through KEXP here in town. but there's some specialty channels i really enjoy. there's a community college jazz station in Portland that i really like that i listen to late night

What station? Digital?

I listen to Double J a lot. Aussie station loosely targeted at children of the nineties/naughties. They play a good mix of current and throwback stuff and have some excellent programming.

Sat June 30, 2018 1:18 pm

I stream the student-run station from New Mexico State University (KRUX) a lot. I started listening when my mom first moved to Las Cruces from Shitsville, Texas. They have a really great mix of indie, rap and occasional metal.
Post a reply