The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 277  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
who are the oldest RMers anyway? Trag, 37


54

Damn.


the guy you met was actually my son

This. Just. Got. Interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Guys, you are just jealous that Trag dont think you listen to fancy music.

I'm just pissed because I love Peter Gabriel.

?! What are your thoughts on Melt vs. the rest of his catalog?

Getting back to this... I was only able to listen to the first four tracks today. But holy shit. This record is outstanding. Thank you for bringing it up. I love this thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18224
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
who are the oldest RMers anyway? Trag, 37


54

Damn.


the guy you met was actually my son

This. Just. Got. Interesting.



Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33181
Location: Buenos Aires
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Horhay the Magnificent, 42

seriously? i would've guessed 27 or so. You look very young, you lucky duck.

Nah I'm messing around, I just turned 31


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13817
Location: Dat Azz
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
who are the oldest RMers anyway? Trag, 37

When will you be 38?

early november

I'll be 38 next week.

I turn 38 in July.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Guys, you are just jealous that Trag dont think you listen to fancy music.

I'm just pissed because I love Peter Gabriel.

?! What are your thoughts on Melt vs. the rest of his catalog?

Getting back to this... I was only able to listen to the first four tracks today. But holy shit. This record is outstanding. Thank you for bringing it up. I love this thing.

Awesome! I was immediately floored.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
I love that Gabriel never uses any cymbal crashes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11871
tragabigzanda wrote:
RMers whom I think would love this album:

Spenno
Hatfield
LV
VG

You’re quite right!

I am a fan of Melt, and the broader early solo material of Peter Gabriel.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
this is my most successful post ever


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9813
COME BACK, TRAG!

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Birds in Hell wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
RMers whom I think would love this album:

Spenno
Hatfield
LV
VG

You’re quite right!

I am a fan of Melt, and the broader early solo material of Peter Gabriel.

Ok where do i go after Melt?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9813
a book on tape about personal finances?

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
you don't know how right you are


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9813
produced by steve albini

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11871
tragabigzanda wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
RMers whom I think would love this album:

Spenno
Hatfield
LV
VG

You’re quite right!

I am a fan of Melt, and the broader early solo material of Peter Gabriel.

Ok where do i go after Melt?

Hmm, maybe continue to his next record, the final in his sequence of four self-titled albums, commonly referred to as Security. Or go back to the previous one, Scratch. They’re all very good, though Melt is arguably the best (it’s been a while since I listened to all of them, though.)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6306
Location: Washington State
tragabigzanda wrote:
who are the oldest RMers anyway? Trag, 37

Turned 41 last month.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Guys, you are just jealous that Trag dont think you listen to fancy music.

I'm just pissed because I love Peter Gabriel.

?! What are your thoughts on Melt vs. the rest of his catalog?

Getting back to this... I was only able to listen to the first four tracks today. But holy shit. This record is outstanding. Thank you for bringing it up. I love this thing.

Awesome! I was immediately floored.

"And Through the Wire" and "Games Without Frontiers" are absolutely sublime tracks. Jesus! I fucking love Peter Gabriel. I can't believe I haven't heard this record before. It's fucking KILLING me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Guys, you are just jealous that Trag dont think you listen to fancy music.

I'm just pissed because I love Peter Gabriel.

?! What are your thoughts on Melt vs. the rest of his catalog?

Getting back to this... I was only able to listen to the first four tracks today. But holy shit. This record is outstanding. Thank you for bringing it up. I love this thing.

Awesome! I was immediately floored.

"And Through the Wire" and "Games Without Frontiers" are absolutely sublime tracks. Jesus! I fucking love Peter Gabriel. I can't believe I haven't heard this record before. It's fucking KILLING me.

Games Without Frontiers has always been my favorite PG song, but the rest of the album was new for me. Biko is amazing too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67125
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Like, I'm obviously not the world's biggest PG fan. But I do love his music and have for a long, long time. But this is the first time I've heard this album and it's shockingly good. I'm angry at myself for having waited nearly 4 decades to listen to this.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
i devoured his first six records the last two days (Car - Us). i have a lot of thoughts and will start a PG thread when i've got 15 mins.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 277  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun November 18, 2018 2:59 pm