The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 285  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53716
Damien Jurado > imagine dragons

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14077
Location: Dat Azz
chewm wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I fucking hate Imagine Dragons

Stuff like Imagine Dragons and Onerepublic might literally be the worst style of music ever made

I agree.

Ditto. Though I admit to liking Radioactive the first few times I heard it.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18477
Location: Seattle, WA
They're basically Nickelback, right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu April 05, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 53716
PHATJ wrote:
chewm wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I fucking hate Imagine Dragons

Stuff like Imagine Dragons and Onerepublic might literally be the worst style of music ever made

I agree.

Ditto. Though I admit to liking Radioactive the first few times I heard it.

go to heck

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 06, 2018 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14077
Location: Dat Azz
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
chewm wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I fucking hate Imagine Dragons

Stuff like Imagine Dragons and Onerepublic might literally be the worst style of music ever made

I agree.

Ditto. Though I admit to liking Radioactive the first few times I heard it.

go to heck

hold me

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 06, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1584
Location: WI
I'm a late 30s male who came of age just as grunge was taking off, watched a ton of MTV in the 90s, my favorite bands were PJ, SG and Smashing Pumpkins...and I've never owned a Nirvana album, nor had any desire to. In hindsight that seems kind of weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 06, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 1546
tmcs wrote:
I'm a late 30s male who came of age just as grunge was taking off, watched a ton of MTV in the 90s, my favorite bands were PJ, SG and Smashing Pumpkins...and I've never owned a Nirvana album, nor had any desire to. In hindsight that seems kind of weird.
In the '90s when we still watched MTV and listened to the radio was there ever a need to own a Nirvana album? You were going to hear a shit ton of it regardless.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 06, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6585
Location: Washington State
durdencommatyler wrote:
I adore bluegrass music!

:thumbsup:

http://www.wvculture.org/stringband/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/stringband/

I lived on the Camp from 3rd grade until I graduated high school and my dad was more or less responsible for getting this thing off the ground. Always had a great time camping out there and just listening to the music as everyone got together for jam sessions all the time when they weren't performing on stage. It was so much fun.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 07, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 10282
c*n't deny me

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sun February 24, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 304
Image

Jared Leto's new album cover. One of them anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38384
"In the Air Tonight" is one of the best songs in the world but I wish it were like two minutes longer. The fadeout is such a buzzkill.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14022
Location: Where everybody knows your name
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
"In the Air Tonight" is one of the best songs in the world but I wish it were like two minutes longer. The fadeout is such a buzzkill.

Interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67509
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
wease wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
"In the Air Tonight" is one of the best songs in the world but I wish it were like two minutes longer. The fadeout is such a buzzkill.

Interesting.

He's not wrong, though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33460
Location: Buenos Aires
There's gotta be an extended 7" version


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38384
The only extended version I can find is the 1988 remix which ruins the song.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38384
Lately I've been retracking almost every new album I listen to down to about 8-10 songs, keeping it under 40 minutes. Albums are way too fucking long and it drives me nuts.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 8:47 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36565
Location: Mountains
when somethings lwoooooooooooooong, lv puts a bit of shortn'in on it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Sat April 14, 2018 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52389
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
"In the Air Tonight" is one of the best songs in the world but I wish it were like two minutes longer. The fadeout is such a buzzkill.

Man I love that song

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 843
I swear Ed Sheehan put on a good show at Global Festival the year Pearl Jam played it, but every time I hear a song of his on the radio I throw up in my mouth. He makes John Mayer sound like Iron Maiden.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed April 18, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18477
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Malone looks like he smells terrible.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 285  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Strat and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri December 14, 2018 7:39 pm