Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Wed February 14, 2018 4:25 am

Dude's* voice is silky smooth

*That's right, I said dude

Sat February 17, 2018 3:40 am

im pretty sure orpheus is the drummer from screaming trees

Sun February 18, 2018 12:02 am

The first Foo Fighters album is a turning point in the 90s

It’s one of the best set of songs start to finish, better than pretty much anything that came out in that whole decade.

Fight me

Sun February 18, 2018 12:08 am

I don't want to fight you, dime. But you're wrong.

Sun February 18, 2018 12:31 am

dimejinky99 wrote:The first Foo Fighters album is a turning point in the 90s

It’s one of the best set of songs start to finish, better than pretty much anything that came out in that whole decade.

Fight me

Are you drunk again?

Sun February 18, 2018 2:04 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:The first Foo Fighters album is a turning point in the 90s

Fight me

Are you drunk again?

yeah, it just doesnt make sense....i guess its drugs maybe?

Thu February 22, 2018 9:23 pm

My job allows me to wear headphones pretty much all day, and I’ve noticed something recently. When I listen to podcasts, it’s easy for me to kind of detach from the work and absorb what I’m listening to. I mindlessly complete my tasks while paying most of my attention to the podcast.

However, when I listen to music, it is very difficult for me to get work done. I notice that I drift away from my tasks a lot and start daydreaming or thinking about other things, and my work and productivity suffer.

I think this is similar to how I talk about plot in movies. Podcasts tend to be information-based; I’m listening to an interview or a host convey narratives, and it doesn’t engage my brain creatively. I take in what they’re saying and have reactions to it, but it doesn’t transport me emotionally like listening to music does. Music is more like visuals in movies; I get lost, I get absorbed, my own feelings and thoughts become engaged and challenged.

Just something I’ve been thinking about.

Fri February 23, 2018 5:05 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:My job allows me to wear headphones pretty much all day, and I’ve noticed something recently. When I listen to podcasts, it’s easy for me to kind of detach from the work and absorb what I’m listening to. I mindlessly complete my tasks while paying most of my attention to the podcast.

However, when I listen to music, it is very difficult for me to get work done. I notice that I drift away from my tasks a lot and start daydreaming or thinking about other things, and my work and productivity suffer.

I think this is similar to how I talk about plot in movies. Podcasts tend to be information-based; I’m listening to an interview or a host convey narratives, and it doesn’t engage my brain creatively. I take in what they’re saying and have reactions to it, but it doesn’t transport me emotionally like listening to music does. Music is more like visuals in movies; I get lost, I get absorbed, my own feelings and thoughts become engaged and challenged.

I completely agree. I can easily listen to podcasts while playing video games as well, but have a hard time doing the same with music.

Fri February 23, 2018 11:50 pm

i'm usually the opposite. i am definitely more actively listening during a podcast, but maybe it's just the type of podcasts i'm listening to. it's easier for me to absorb the info

i usually listen to some sort of ambient / minimal techno / modern classical when i need to get work done

Sat February 24, 2018 8:09 am

Been on a big James Brown kick this week.

Sat February 24, 2018 11:50 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:My job allows me to wear headphones pretty much all day, and I’ve noticed something recently. When I listen to podcasts, it’s easy for me to kind of detach from the work and absorb what I’m listening to. I mindlessly complete my tasks while paying most of my attention to the podcast.

I kind of agree, but it depends. For example: I have music going pretty much all day at work to keep me from going crazy. If I try to listen to a podcast or audiobook, I find myself not following the stories at all and have to turn them off. On the other hand, I also listen to music while reading and there are definitely times where I'm into the beat of the song or the lyrics in such a way that I'm not reading anymore. Guess it depends on what I pick out.

Sun March 04, 2018 3:52 am

man... just... FUCK the Doobie Brothers. They just suck.

Sun March 04, 2018 3:54 am

BurtReynolds wrote:man... just... FUCK the Doobie Brothers. They just suck.

I do a good Michael MacDonald impersonation, which is always fun.

But you're right. They suck.

Sun March 04, 2018 5:41 am

They’re okay. I like a couple songs.

Tue March 06, 2018 5:02 pm

I just heard a Destroyer song that I liked, and now my day is completely ruined.

Wed March 07, 2018 1:27 am

What a Fool Believes is a masterwork you assholes.

Wed March 07, 2018 9:31 am

bodysnatcher wrote:I just heard a Destroyer song that I liked, and now my day is completely ruined.

Oh dear

Mon March 12, 2018 1:13 am

Oh fuck, did Azealia Banks just drop a banger?! I had kinda given up on her.

Mon March 12, 2018 1:20 am

bart wrote:What a Fool Believes is a masterwork you assholes.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mon March 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Julian Casablancas is embarrassing

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/julian-c ... _medium=s1
Post a reply