Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Fri October 20, 2017 1:26 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I can't go. It's Sunday and I'm gonna be at a dumb wedding on Long Island. :|

DUDE. Never pass up the chance to see Hope!

I so wish I could go.

Fri October 20, 2017 1:30 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I can't go. It's Sunday and I'm gonna be at a dumb wedding on Long Island. :|

I so wish I could go.

I wonder if Pete will go see her the night before in Boston?

Fri October 20, 2017 1:31 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I so wish I could go.

We should make him.

Fri October 20, 2017 1:43 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I so wish I could go.

We should make him.

what else would he have to do anyway?

Fri October 20, 2017 2:07 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I so wish I could go.

We should make him.

what else would he have to do anyway?

Darts, maybe?

Fri October 27, 2017 12:21 am

I been enjoying Incubus´s music again after maybe, ten years. I used to be a pretty big fan but after Light Grenades i just couldnt listen to these guys.
Their new album 8 is fucking awesome and the show i went a month ago is still resonating with me.

Sat October 28, 2017 1:49 am

Fuckin' Leon Russell, man. Yeah

Tue October 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Listened to the new Iron and Wine record and Mangy Love by Cass McCombs yesterday. Enjoyed both a fair bit. Both a bit uneven on first listen. But overall, I liked them both on balance.

Tue October 31, 2017 9:03 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Listened to the new Iron and Wine record and Mangy Love by Cass McCombs yesterday. Enjoyed both a fair bit. Both a bit uneven on first listen. But overall, I liked them both on balance.

I thought the I&W was pretty average. I'll give it another listen but that could be it for that album.

Fri November 03, 2017 10:24 am

tODAY I LISTENED TO bRAIN dRAIN BY THE rAMONES AND IT IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEIR LESSER ALBUMS BUT I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW MADDENINGLY HOOKY AND DIRTY AND FUNNY IT IS, AND HOW FUCKING LOUD THOSE DRUMS ARE HOLY FUCK I love this band

Fri November 03, 2017 11:38 am

LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Listened to the new Iron and Wine record and Mangy Love by Cass McCombs yesterday. Enjoyed both a fair bit. Both a bit uneven on first listen. But overall, I liked them both on balance.

I thought the I&W was pretty average. I'll give it another listen but that could be it for that album.

And I wouldn't blame you. I enjoyed it but that doesn't mean I think it's great or anything. It's uneven, add I said. But there were like 4 tracks that I really fucking dug. That's enough for me. But I wouldn't assume that to be true for others.

Fri November 03, 2017 11:40 am

theplatypus wrote:tODAY I LISTENED TO bRAIN dRAIN BY THE rAMONES AND IT IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEIR LESSER ALBUMS BUT I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW MADDENINGLY HOOKY AND DIRTY AND FUNNY IT IS, AND HOW FUCKING LOUD THOSE DRUMS ARE HOLY FUCK I love this band

You Must be confused. For years I've had Stip telling me the Ramones don't count. And he's a MOD. So...

Fri November 03, 2017 12:19 pm

theplatypus wrote:tODAY I LISTENED TO bRAIN dRAIN BY THE rAMONES AND IT IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEIR LESSER ALBUMS BUT I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW MADDENINGLY HOOKY AND DIRTY AND FUNNY IT IS, AND HOW FUCKING LOUD THOSE DRUMS ARE HOLY FUCK I love this band

I love Zero Zero UFO.

Fri November 03, 2017 1:38 pm

It is a great album

Fri November 03, 2017 4:23 pm

The Natalia Lafourcade Tiny Desk concert is so good

Fri November 03, 2017 5:21 pm

I wonder if one's chosen method of intoxication (for those that chose such things) plays a large roll in the music they like/chose to listen to.

Fri November 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Hmm...I would guess that it doesn't.

Fri November 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Self wrote:Hmm...I would guess that it doesn't.

Obviously, for most of us, our tastes begin to form before we start getting into all that stuff. But I just wonder, if I smoked weed, would I get home and reach for ... I don't know... Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin more often than Tom Waits? In one of the Zep tournament threads someone mentioned how great a specific album is to get high to. I wonder if they didn't get high, if they'd still like that record as much? Does the weed affect the mood or mindset enough to affect musical taste in those instances?

Fri November 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Weed absolutely opens me up to bands or albums I typically shy away from. Grateful Dead, for instance, as completely cliche that is.

And bad music is so much worse when you're stoned.

Fri November 03, 2017 5:44 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Self wrote:Hmm...I would guess that it doesn't.

Obviously, for most of us, our tastes begin to form before we start getting into all that stuff. But I just wonder, if I smoked weed, would I get home and reach for ... I don't know... Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin more often than Tom Waits? In one of the Zep tournament threads someone mentioned how great a specific album is to get high to. I wonder if they didn't get high, if they'd still like that record as much? Does the weed affect the mood or mindset enough to affect musical taste in those instances?

Maybe pot would steer you to Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill, etc...? I think I'd reach for whatever I was in the mood for wether I got high, or not. I tend to be more involved in listening when I am high, for sure. Definitely get more into it and I tend to pick up on things I've missed in the past. If you're the type who likes to veg out after smoking, then maybe Pink Floyd et al would be your go to? I'd just as soon listen to some three chord punk as I would psychedelic mood-scape.
Post a reply