Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have

Sun January 29, 2023 2:47 pm

Higgs wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:It was funny when RMers immediately started referring to him as simply Josh. Like I'm supposed to know who the fuck that is.

Isn't that the fucker who turned the lights on?

Classic B!

Sun January 29, 2023 3:52 pm

Seriously, who has the time to actually read threads?

Sun January 29, 2023 8:41 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I’ve also come around to this view. If he’s drama-free and he knows all the songs by heart, I hope he continues to fill whatever roles these bands want him to have.

Selfishly happy johns back in RHCP but they were so shitty to JK, and Frusciante — whom is a bonafide guitar god IMO — is obviously an egotistical shit

Im coming back to this, as someone who kinda hated how John treated everyone in the band in 2006 or so, he really sounds different in those Rubin podcasts.
Im not sure the band was as shitty with Josh K as i initially felt, specially seeing Chad is super close with him.

Sun January 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Klinghoffer haters are just turd brained old heads. I'm not sure why Chad's friendship with Josh would make you view their output differently, though.

Sun January 29, 2023 9:02 pm

well, at the time i felt like Flea kinda betrayed Josh with talking again with John and making music. But Josh kinda knew that. Being that the band released two double albums, i feel i understand now why they wanted John to come back.

Seeing Josh with Chad, and i think he appeared on a music video too, maybe it was These Are The Ways, i feel he is ok with all of them now.

Mon January 30, 2023 3:36 pm

Despite starting this weird war on Josh Klinghoffer, I have no objection to him at all. I am not too crazy about the Pluralone project, but outside of that, he seems to be good at his job, whatever that role may be from band to band. I was just quipping on the last name in conjunction with his tendency to jump into famous bands when the opportunity arises. More power to him!

Mon January 30, 2023 3:40 pm

I have no problem with Josh and I think he is a great addition to Pearl Jam's live show.

It's not his fault these big bands keep asking him to join.

Fri February 03, 2023 12:17 am

I feel like the last TORRES album isn't talked about enough. What a great record.

Fri February 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Really enjoying the 25th Anniversary Release of Green Day's Nimrod. Black Eyeliner sounds like it eventually became Church on Sunday on Warning but I dig the stripped-down demo more.

Sat February 04, 2023 2:25 am

Bruce Hornsby released an album last year, 'Flicted, and its actually a pretty enjoyable listen.

Sun February 05, 2023 7:54 pm

Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence might be the worst cover ever and it baffles me that so many people seem to love it.
Last edited by contamination on Mon February 06, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun February 05, 2023 9:23 pm

Watching Lana Del Ray sit near the top of several Spotify charts after a nonexistent duet with Taylor Swift got her discovered by a new generation of fans gives me hope that mainstream music will heal

Mon February 06, 2023 12:04 am

contamination wrote:Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence might be the worst cover ever and I it baffles me that so many people seem to love it.

Agreed.

Mon February 06, 2023 4:52 am

liebzz wrote:Despite starting this weird war on Josh Klinghoffer, I have no objection to him at all. I am not too crazy about the Pluralone project, but outside of that, he seems to be good at his job, whatever that role may be from band to band. I was just quipping on the last name in conjunction with his tendency to jump into famous bands when the opportunity arises. More power to him!

Oh, yeah I wasn't calling you a turd-brained old head. I thought your post was funny. :peace:

Mon February 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:
liebzz wrote:Despite starting this weird war on Josh Klinghoffer, I have no objection to him at all. I am not too crazy about the Pluralone project, but outside of that, he seems to be good at his job, whatever that role may be from band to band. I was just quipping on the last name in conjunction with his tendency to jump into famous bands when the opportunity arises. More power to him!

Oh, yeah I wasn't calling you a turd-brained old head. I thought your post was funny. :peace:

Funny thing is I am absolutely a turd brained old head.

Mon February 06, 2023 1:37 pm

those grammy are getting worse and worse uh

they dont even had a slap situation

Mon February 06, 2023 11:46 pm

The Argonaut wrote:Is anyone else's Spotify making very random recommendations today?

For some reason Spotify decided I wanted to hear nothing but 90s techno this week.

Tue February 07, 2023 2:35 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:Is anyone else's Spotify making very random recommendations today?

For some reason Spotify decided I wanted to hear nothing but 90s techno this week.

Because Big Beats are the Best!

Sat February 11, 2023 6:35 pm

Sat February 11, 2023 7:06 pm

Post a reply