The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 270  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51471
Lol at Snoop in that video

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2033
Location: Most likely at the office...
I learnt something today from watching that vid.

#feelingsmarter

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
BurtReynolds wrote:
Christ, I think they keep playing a new Dave Matthews album at Starbucks and it is painful. He sounds like Tiny Tim or something.

So far I like it better than the two previous albums. Maybe three or four if I'm being 100%. Before These Crowded Streets and Crash are both early perfect albums. The band just hasn't been the same since they went electric.

Judas!

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
Madonna's gonna be 60 in a couple of months. :shock:

Madonna through Confessions on a Dance Floor was a damn good run.

She's due for a revival.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2033
Location: Most likely at the office...
Back in 1983 Madonna appeared on a local TV show and performed Holiday.

For a 12 year old boy I can still recall what a...formative experience that was for me.

Like a Prayer is a great album too.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32839
Location: Buenos Aires
I don't like her voice


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37437
BurtReynolds wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
the "Migos flow" really needs to go ahead and die out now


i hate it so much


this video was good

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Posts: 837
Location: It's Soma
Yeah Madonna's voice is pretty average.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus Christ. Imagine having an opinion this bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
Higgs wrote:
Back in 1983 Madonna appeared on a local TV show and performed Holiday.

For a 12 year old boy I can still recall what a...formative experience that was for me.

Like a Prayer is a great album too.


Yeah, Like a Prayer is my favorite. Bedtime Stories is the only dud in the first 20 years of her career.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37437
Like a Prayer is my favorite too, but I'd say Confessions on a Dance Floor is a close second. Some of her early cuts are fucking perfect though, like "Lucky Star" and "Into the Groove".

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5882
Location: Washington State
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
the "Migos flow" really needs to go ahead and die out now


i hate it so much


this video was good

That's probably the third or fourth video from that channel I've seen in the past week, they're all pretty good.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
Yeah, Confessions is badass. Her last great album.

My favorite Madonna tracks are Till Death Do Us Part, Live to Tell, Rain and The Look Of Love.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
Trying to decide if I like Phosphorescent. His voice reminds me of Vic Chesnutt, which I love, but the instrumentation on most of his albums is pretty dull.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1457
Location: WI
run2death wrote:
Trying to decide if I like Phosphorescent. His voice reminds me of Vic Chesnutt, which I love, but the instrumentation on most of his albums is pretty dull.


I like 2-3 songs on every album and can take or leave the rest. When I saw him live it was the same deal. Good, but samey.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36034
Location: Mountains
Muchacho is the only great one. The rest are take or leave. That is a very beautiful and atmospheric album and was a treat to hear live.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
tmcs wrote:
run2death wrote:
Trying to decide if I like Phosphorescent. His voice reminds me of Vic Chesnutt, which I love, but the instrumentation on most of his albums is pretty dull.


I like 2-3 songs on every album and can take or leave the rest. When I saw him live it was the same deal. Good, but samey.


Yeah, this is exactly how I feel.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36034
Location: Mountains
Raw Power might be the greatest rock/punk rock album of all time.

Its so good.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4029
Wire's Pink Flag is better.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 23728
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Strat wrote:
Raw Power might be the greatest rock/punk rock album of all time.

Its so good.

Amazing songs, shitty recording.

run2death wrote:
Wire's Pink Flag is better.

I agree, but it's maybe a little heady and angular for your average music fan.

I would say that objectively speaking, the best punk rock album I've ever heard is either Dead Boys Young, Loud, and Snotty, Husker Du Zen Arcade, or Ramones Rocket To Russia; if someone came to me and said "I've never heard punk rock, what is it?", those are the first three album I'd give them.

But my hands-down personal favorite will always be Minutemen What Makes a Man Start Fires?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Post Random Music-Related Thoughts You Have
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36034
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Raw Power might be the greatest rock/punk rock album of all time.

Its so good.

Amazing songs, shitty recording.

run2death wrote:
Wire's Pink Flag is better.

I agree, but it's maybe a little heady and angular for your average music fan.

I would say that objectively speaking, the best punk rock album I've ever heard is either Dead Boys Young, Loud, and Snotty, Husker Du Zen Arcade, or Ramones Rocket To Russia; if someone came to me and said "I've never heard punk rock, what is it?", those are the first three album I'd give them.

But my hands-down personal favorite will always be Minutemen What Makes a Man Start Fires?

Im cranking the "iggy Pop" Mix right now and its perfect.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 270  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hatfield and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri October 19, 2018 12:36 am