The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Fri January 04, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
Been enjoying the shit out of the Les Revenants EP.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86729
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
I forget, what's the best Mogwai album to start with?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
durdencommatyler wrote:
I forget, what's the best Mogwai album to start with?

"Young Team" or "Happy Songs for Happy People" would be my picks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86729
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
turned2black wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I forget, what's the best Mogwai album to start with?

"Young Team" or "Happy Songs for Happy People" would be my picks.

Thanks. I'm going to start a Google Document about what albums I need to check out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24398
durdencommatyler wrote:
turned2black wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I forget, what's the best Mogwai album to start with?

"Young Team" or "Happy Songs for Happy People" would be my picks.

Thanks. I'm going to start a Google Document about what albums I need to check out.


great idea. And i would say Happy songs..is a great star.... Then i really like the last one...

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45084
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
After initially resisting some of the tweaks to their sound, "Hardcore" is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The four-song stretch of "Mexican Grand Prix" - "Rano Pano" – "Death Rays" – "San Pedro" is killer stuff that ranks among their best.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24398
turned2black wrote:
After initially resisting some of the tweaks to their sound, "Hardcore" is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The four-song stretch of "Mexican Grand Prix" - "Rano Pano" – "Death Rays" – "San Pedro" is killer stuff that ranks among their best.


"hardcore.." is fucking brilliant. Those songs are just magical.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 45084
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
After initially resisting some of the tweaks to their sound, "Hardcore" is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The four-song stretch of "Mexican Grand Prix" - "Rano Pano" – "Death Rays" – "San Pedro" is killer stuff that ranks among their best.


"hardcore.." is fucking brilliant. Those songs are just magical.

yeah i love it.

_________________
Fundamentally, my position is one of harm reduction.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
It's been pissing rain all day. Great day for My Father My King.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Tue February 12, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 18314
Location: Space City
I'm not the biggest Mogwai fan, but I love this song.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
turned2black wrote:
Been enjoying the shit out of the Les Revenants EP.



I just found out they were also releasing the entire OST as a full-length. I'm not a big fan of Mogwai overall but they did a really good work on that show.

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Mon February 25, 2013 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2656
is the soundtrack any good?

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Mon February 25, 2013 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 30, 2013 4:30 pm
Posts: 4728
psychobain wrote:
is the soundtrack any good?


yes

_________________
cutuphalfdead wrote:
so glad i don't see signatures


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Tue February 26, 2013 10:00 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
psychobain wrote:
is the soundtrack any good?


This may be my new favorite Mogwai song.

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu March 07, 2013 7:53 pm
Posts: 279
Location: LA, CA
Pretty much the best band in the world. I am definitely digging the new soundtrack. We got spoiled the last couple of years with multiple tours through the US. I want them to put out a new album so they can tour some more.

I like the deep tracks you guys are posting. This is my favorite:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23236
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
dig the new soundtrack, but need to listen to it more


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
This is the latest Mogwai mix I made for my 10-mile runs. It focuses more on tempo than the moody stuff I usually pick for my longer runs.

George Square Thatcher Death Party
Folk Death 95
Two Rights Make One Wrong
Mogwai Fear Satan
Glasgow Mega-Snake
Batcat
Stupid Prick Gets Chased By The Police and Loses His Slut Girlfriend
San Pedro
The Sun Smells Too Loud
Gouge Away (Pixies cover)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24398
turned2black wrote:
This is the latest Mogwai mix I made for my 10-mile runs. It focuses more on tempo than the moody stuff I usually pick for my longer runs.

George Square Thatcher Death Party
Folk Death 95
Two Rights Make One Wrong
Mogwai Fear Satan
Glasgow Mega-Snake
Batcat
Stupid Prick Gets Chased By The Police and Loses His Slut Girlfriend
San Pedro
The Sun Smells Too Loud
Gouge Away (Pixies cover)


Cool...they did Gouge Away? nice, that´s such a good song.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kids Will Be Skeletons (the Mogwai thread)
PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2013 4:15 am 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7704
Been listening to "Come On Die Young" a lot.



Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri February 26, 2021 10:25 am