Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: War on Drugs

Thu September 16, 2021 12:46 pm

listened to the latest single. i like them, and all. I just associate them with lengthy songs, and even though this one is about five and a half minutes it felt like a 9 min song.

Thu September 16, 2021 1:04 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:You heard wrong

You shut the fuck up you goddamn twat

Thu September 16, 2021 1:16 pm

dad wrote:listened to the latest single. i like them, and all. I just associate them with lengthy songs, and even though this one is about five and a half minutes it felt like a 9 min song.

i really enjoy Slave Ambient though.

Thu September 16, 2021 1:50 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:They sound just like Eddie’s new solo song, amirite?

thats offensive

Thu September 16, 2021 11:07 pm

The first single didn't really do much for me (although it might work nicely in the context of the album), but I'm really loving this new song.

Fri September 17, 2021 4:08 am

Their last two albums are some of the best music of the decade.

Fri September 17, 2021 7:20 am

Chris_H_2 wrote:Their last two albums are some of the best music of the decade.

Correct statement

Wed October 27, 2021 11:33 pm

can't believe no one here has mentioned the new single.

i kind of like it. standard WOD tune.

Wed October 27, 2021 11:34 pm

dad wrote:can't believe no one here has mentioned the new single.

i kind of like it. standard WOD tune.

Trying not to listen

Out soon and getting rave reviews !

Wed October 27, 2021 11:38 pm

oh man, I didn't realize it was out this friday.

Fri October 29, 2021 11:39 am

I am listening to the new album now - really without any context since I just missed out on them for the past 10-15 years. No idea why. I am enjoying it. I feel like I am listening to some bastard child of Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams and the Cure. Does that even make sense?

Fri October 29, 2021 6:00 pm

liebzz wrote:I am listening to the new album now - really without any context since I just missed out on them for the past 10-15 years. No idea why. I am enjoying it. I feel like I am listening to some bastard child of Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams and the Cure. Does that even make sense?

Thrown in 80's Dylan vocals and you've got it!

Fri October 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Hatfield wrote:
liebzz wrote:I am listening to the new album now - really without any context since I just missed out on them for the past 10-15 years. No idea why. I am enjoying it. I feel like I am listening to some bastard child of Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams and the Cure. Does that even make sense?

Funny. I thought that in the first song but then apparently abandoned that thought afterward.

Fri October 29, 2021 6:07 pm

liebzz wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

Funny. I thought that in the first song but then apparently abandoned that thought afterward.

there are many instances in past WOD albums where Adam sounds like Dylan.

Fri October 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Yeah, I am late to the game. I listened to the Barrel of Batteries EP last night and then this one on the commute in. Arms Like Boulders impressed me.

Fri October 29, 2021 11:30 pm

haven't given the new album a full listen yet, but after sampling a bit, "I Don't Wanna Wait" is an early standout.

Tue November 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Farmer John wrote:haven't given the new album a full listen yet, but after sampling a bit, "I Don't Wanna Wait" is an early standout.

I haven't given it the listen it deserves, but my initial impression is that there is a ton to chew on with this new record. I'm drawn in.

Tue November 02, 2021 8:40 pm

This is very good:

Tue November 02, 2021 9:02 pm

I don’t want to wait is real damn good

Tue November 02, 2021 9:47 pm

Strat wrote:I don’t want to wait is real damn good

That's some baby-makin' music right there
Post a reply