The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 11, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts: 171
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
southp wrote:
I'm intrigued by that PureTone music device thing. Didn't he go on Letterman and talk about it recently? Any update on that?


He was a Letterman a couple months ago with it but haven't heard anything else. Better keep a close eye out for it. They won't be in production for long.


http://www.mypono.com/about/

not much info but you can sign up for the distro list

theres this RS article too
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20120927

_________________
Remember when you were young, You shone like the sun. Now there's a look in your eyes, Like black holes in the sky.


Last edited by diesel on Tue January 22, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 3:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10799
diesel wrote:
Oh, Jimmy wrote:
southp wrote:
I'm intrigued by that PureTone music device thing. Didn't he go on Letterman and talk about it recently? Any update on that?


He was a Letterman a couple months ago with it but haven't heard anything else. Better keep a close eye out for it. They won't be in production for long.


http://www.mypono.com/about/

not much info but you can sign up for the distro list

Excellent!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2013 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 4:22 pm
Posts: 1455
Location: Montreal
When you skim the page real fast it looks like it was signed by "The PORNO Team"

Sign me up for that!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2013 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18013
So has anyone seen the movie Jonathan demmi (sp) did with him yet?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 581
dimejinky99 wrote:
So has anyone seen the movie Jonathan demmi (sp) did with him yet?


I stopped watching after about 20 minutes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2013 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 18013
Really? it seems a little self indulgent but Neil is nothing if he's not self indulgent. I'll avoid it so. thanks.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2013 11:51 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 5:11 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Prince Edward Island
this is so good

Image

& this too



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 1896
well my Aussie friends, the time is upon you.

_________________
David Yow wrote:
How are Pearl Jam any different from Toto?


Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10799
Tuesday!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 1896
For shits sake, I looked up fights to NZ, it was insane. But like how great would it be to see the Horse in Wellington? Whats it like over there?

_________________
David Yow wrote:
How are Pearl Jam any different from Toto?


Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 7:01 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17415
Location: Hunter
Sunday


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 7:08 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 03, 2013 7:06 am
Posts: 10
Tuesday in Adelaide! Yes!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10799
neilhead wrote:
Tuesday in Adelaide! Yes!

:thumbsup:

So damn excited.

Never been to NZ, SNC, though it's generally hailed as a pretty great place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
Wellington is an amazing city. Everything is so concentrated to the point where all you have to do is pay for parking for a weekend and walk everywhere. I see myself living there in a few years, to be honest.

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sun March 03, 2013 7:06 am
Posts: 10
Birds in Hell wrote:
neilhead wrote:
Tuesday in Adelaide! Yes!

:thumbsup:

So damn excited.

Never been to NZ, SNC, though it's generally hailed as a pretty great place.




So so excited after seeing Hey Hey My My from Perth. Lots of grumpy older members of the crowd weren't happy with the noise and guitar jams but obviously they didnt read the AND crazy horse part of the ticket. Where are your tickets? My bro and I have GA.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10799
neilhead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
neilhead wrote:
Tuesday in Adelaide! Yes!

:thumbsup:

So damn excited.

Never been to NZ, SNC, though it's generally hailed as a pretty great place.




So so excited after seeing Hey Hey My My from Perth. Lots of grumpy older members of the crowd weren't happy with the noise and guitar jams but obviously they didnt read the AND crazy horse part of the ticket. Where are your tickets? My bro and I have GA.

Same!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 1947
Location: Australia
I've got Neil and Bob Mould next week in Melbourne. GA tickets up the front too. Most excited.

I'll be interested to hear Spenno's report.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
Fuzzcharger wrote:
I've got Neil and Bob Mould next week in Melbourne. GA tickets up the front too. Most excited.

I'll be interested to hear Spenno's report.


As will I. I'll be interested to hear your's too, James.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 1947
Location: Australia
Uh oh, there's been an RM/real world crossover! :-)

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2013 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31502
Location: Mountains
Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 63  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Wendy Carlos's Twin and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon December 18, 2017 7:13 am