Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: The Official Neil Young Thread

Sat December 02, 2017 1:39 am

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
bune wrote:Are they downloadable?

Nope, they are just sort of listed on post-it notes. I had heard of all of them except like 3-4 of them, so that's exciting.

Are they going to be streaming? Or is this some kind of prick tease? I'm sure some kind soul will "capture" them. I want the Odeon/Budokan "Don't Cry No Tears" and I want it now.

I've just been poking around at work and not really listening to anything or reading the materials that come with everything, so I don't know. I assume some of them will get the full LP/CD/Download treatment as Hitchhiker eventually.

Sat December 02, 2017 3:51 am

You guys watch the live show he did via facebook tonight?

Sat December 02, 2017 3:59 am

I love Neil so much. Fuck. He's getting old and im not loving that.

This is a really cool show he put on .

Thu December 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Been listening to Volume 1 all day and I really love this era of Neil. I wonder if a Volume 2 would help me get into those years better? I wasn't that big of a fan of his early stuff outside the 'hits' until I got the box set last summer and since then I've gone deep into all of those albums.

Tue December 12, 2017 12:03 am

Looking at the Psychedelic Pill Blu-Ray and it has a 37 minute bonus song. Is there a song out there that you could listen to for 37 minutes? I mean I guess since it's Crazy Horse it is probably a jam band song.

Tue December 12, 2017 12:05 am

bune wrote:Looking at the Psychedelic Pill Blu-Ray and it has a 37 minute bonus song. Is there a song out there that you could listen to for 37 minutes? I mean I guess since it's Crazy Horse it is probably a jam band song.

have you ever heard of Phish

Tue December 12, 2017 12:12 am

I try not to, honestly.

Tue December 12, 2017 8:25 pm

bune wrote:Looking at the Psychedelic Pill Blu-Ray and it has a 37 minute bonus song. Is there a song out there that you could listen to for 37 minutes? I mean I guess since it's Crazy Horse it is probably a jam band song.

Tue December 12, 2017 8:30 pm

bune wrote:Been listening to Volume 1 all day and I really love this era of Neil. I wonder if a Volume 2 would help me get into those years better? I wasn't that big of a fan of his early stuff outside the 'hits' until I got the box set last summer and since then I've gone deep into all of those albums.

Do you have the ditch trilogy? On the Beach, Tonights the Night and Zuma? I listen to those regularly. Then I skip ahead to Rust Never Sleeps from 1979. In my house, Rust Never Sleeps has gotten more spins than any other Neil record over the last 4 years.

Wed December 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I do. Found a good rip of Chrome Dreams that I enjoy quite a bit as well.

I had to break up my playlist on my ipod so I have a NY 68-78, an 80-95, and an 00-17. I don't get much use out of the second two, but that's what I hope a Volume 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) would help with.

There's also a NY & Friends playlist that's all Crazy Horse and the other bands he's played with.

Wed December 13, 2017 9:18 pm

I really enjoy Reactor. I don’t really know the general consensus of that album around here.

Wed December 13, 2017 11:43 pm

It's good. Not damn good, perhaps, but pretty darn good, at least.

Fri December 15, 2017 3:21 pm

brother from another mother

Wed December 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Any rumoured tour dates for 2018?

Sun December 31, 2017 11:22 am

some great lesser known Neil albums I enjoy as much as his well known ones are

Hawks & Doves 1980
Re.Ac.Tor 1981
American Stars & Bars 1977
Time Fades Away 1983
Psychedelic Pill 2012

I haven't heard all his albums, especially after 2010, the only albums I've listened to and dont really like at all are...

Are You Passionate? 2002
Silver & Gold 2000
Freedom 1989
Chrome Dreams II 2007

"Life" 1987 is pretty lame as well.

I'm excited for some unreleased ones to appear in the archives, such as "Islands in the sun" or "Homegrown"

Sun December 31, 2017 5:21 pm

coptheriotact wrote:some great lesser known Neil albums I enjoy as much as his well known ones are

Hawks & Doves 1980
Re.Ac.Tor 1981
Time Fades Away 1983
Psychedelic Pill 2012

I haven't heard all his albums, especially after 2010, the only albums I've listened to and dont really like at all are...

Are You Passionate? 2002
Silver & Gold 2000
Freedom 1989
Chrome Dreams II 2007

I'm excited for some unreleased ones to appear in the archives, such as "Islands in the sun" or "Homegrown"

Every single album you dislike is great except Chrome 2.

Sun December 31, 2017 9:43 pm

McParadigm wrote:
coptheriotact wrote:some great lesser known Neil albums I enjoy as much as his well known ones are

Hawks & Doves 1980
Re.Ac.Tor 1981
Time Fades Away 1983
Psychedelic Pill 2012

Are You Passionate? 2002
Silver & Gold 2000
Freedom 1989
Chrome Dreams II 2007

Every single album you dislike is great except Chrome 2.

And even that is 50% great.

Tue January 30, 2018 3:47 pm

sneaking suspicions...

Tue January 30, 2018 6:38 pm

The thing about Neil Young is that if you stop paying attention, even for a few months, you miss so much. Hitchhiker is one of those things I missed. Boy am I glad I found it now, though.

Tue January 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Pono 2.
Post a reply