The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed April 04, 2018 1:43 am 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
every time this thread gets bumped I think neil is dead :(

Stop that. Neil doesn't die.

tell me why

He will prevail and perform his function

PostPosted: Wed April 04, 2018 1:47 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:

tell me why

i was just humming tell me why from after the gold rush :?

PostPosted: Wed April 04, 2018 2:13 am 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:

tell me why

i was just humming tell me why from after the gold rush :?

I know you were. And i was humming "Computer Age" from Trans in response.

PostPosted: Wed April 04, 2018 3:29 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
JACK IRONS OMG stiffy stiffy stiffy

Tempted to make this my sig.

PostPosted: Wed April 04, 2018 3:35 am 
Stone's Bitch

Birds in Hell wrote:
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
JACK IRONS OMG stiffy stiffy stiffy

Tempted to make this my sig.

A :naughty: place for discussion and appreciation of Jack Irons.

PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 8:07 pm 
The Master

Well this is fantastic news, a live recording of one of my favorite albums of all time. Can't wait to spin this next week:

Neil Young: Roxy - Tonight’s the Night Live
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/ne ... ight-live/

PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 8:45 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Well this is fantastic news, a live recording of one of my favorite albums of all time. Can't wait to spin this next week:

Neil Young: Roxy - Tonight’s the Night Live
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/ne ... ight-live/

This sounds fantastic. I hope to be able to grab a copy this weekend!

PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 1:29 pm 

Quote:
http://pitchfork.com/news/neil-young-an ... years/amp/

Neil Young has announced his first performances with his legendary backing band Crazy Horse since 2014. “First time in a long time, live on stage. No rehearsal,” he wrote on his website. The shows will take place on May 1 and May 2 at Warnors Theatre in Fresno, California.

On Wednesday, April 25, Young revealed that the band’s lineup will consist of bassist Billy Talbot, drummer Ralph Molina, and guitarist Nils Lofgren. He also wrote that Jonathan Richman will be opening for them at these shows.

“Life is an unfolding saga,” Young wrote. “A few months ago we started talking about playing some remote clubs and getting our feet wet again.” He continued, “Come and see us if you can as we approach our 50th year as a band. I think it will be the beginning of another beautiful chapter in our long, enriching and life changing Crazy Horse story.”

Nils Lofgren previously confirmed his inclusion in the lineup. He previously accompanied Young on albums including After the Gold Rush, Tonight’s the Night, and Trans. “Beyond honored,” he wrote on Twitter. “Nothing like playing with old friends.”

Woah - and where’s Poncho?!

PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 2:31 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:

Neil Young has announced his first performances with his legendary backing band Crazy Horse since 2014. “First time in a long time, live on stage. No rehearsal,” he wrote on his website. The shows will take place on May 1 and May 2 at Warnors Theatre in Fresno, California.

On Wednesday, April 25, Young revealed that the band’s lineup will consist of bassist Billy Talbot, drummer Ralph Molina, and guitarist Nils Lofgren. He also wrote that Jonathan Richman will be opening for them at these shows.

“Life is an unfolding saga,” Young wrote. “A few months ago we started talking about playing some remote clubs and getting our feet wet again.” He continued, “Come and see us if you can as we approach our 50th year as a band. I think it will be the beginning of another beautiful chapter in our long, enriching and life changing Crazy Horse story.”

Nils Lofgren previously confirmed his inclusion in the lineup. He previously accompanied Young on albums including After the Gold Rush, Tonight’s the Night, and Trans. “Beyond honored,” he wrote on Twitter. “Nothing like playing with old friends.”

Wow.

Molina had a stroke right? Poncho hurt himself a couple years back as well. Good chance he may just be over it. Nils will be fantastic and i hope they play more shows!

Crazy though.

PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 11:02 pm 

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:

Wow.

Molina had a stroke right? Poncho hurt himself a couple years back as well. Good chance he may just be over it. Nils will be fantastic and i hope they play more shows!

Crazy though.

It was Talbot who had the stroke, and was temporarily replaced by the (now deceased - these guys aren't getting any younger) Rick Rosas for the last round of Crazy Horse shows. I understand he made a full recovery though and is good to go.

Neil wrote a post on his website about the shows (and Poncho):

Quote:
https://www.neilyoungarchives.com/#/new ... &_k=n33ybw

In Freso California, Crazy Horse will return to the stage. Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina, Nils Lofgren and I will be playing for you in the Warnors Theater May 1 and 2. Also we are stoked to have Jonathan Richman, featuring Tommy Larkin on drums, playing before us.

We are all excited to play together again. Nils being back in the group really lets us do a lot. We are all very ready to get on the boards.

Life is an unfolding saga. A few months ago we started talking about playing some remote clubs and getting our feet wet again. Poncho is unable to join us right now but we all hope he'll be back. Now Nils is with us again! Nils was an original member of Crazy Horse along with Jack Nietsche and Danny Whitten, playing on Crazy Horse's first album.

NYA's latest archival release, ROXY Tonights the Night Love, features Nils and the late Ben Keith, another true original, playing with Billy, Ralphie and I as we opened the Roxy in LA, a short 45 years ago in 1973.

We are stoked to be playing all of our songs again! I have no new ones, but maybe tomorrow they will come. They always do and I am so thankful for that. Come and see us if you can as we approach our 50th year as a band. I think it will be the beginning of another beautiful chapter in our long, enriching and life changing Crazy Horse story.

Stay tuned to NYA, Home of the Horse, for more news and updates.

NY

This is probably the most excited I've been about Neil since, well, last time he played with Crazy Horse. Very interested to see where this all leads. I guess we'll have an idea soon, these shows are next week!

PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 11:57 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Quote:

Wow.

Crazy though.

It was Talbot who had the stroke, and was temporarily replaced by the (now deceased - these guys aren't getting any younger) Rick Rosas for the last round of Crazy Horse shows. I understand he made a full recovery though and is good to go.

Neil wrote a post on his website about the shows (and Poncho):

Quote:
https://www.neilyoungarchives.com/#/new ... &_k=n33ybw

In Freso California, Crazy Horse will return to the stage. Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina, Nils Lofgren and I will be playing for you in the Warnors Theater May 1 and 2. Also we are stoked to have Jonathan Richman, featuring Tommy Larkin on drums, playing before us.

We are all excited to play together again. Nils being back in the group really lets us do a lot. We are all very ready to get on the boards.

Life is an unfolding saga. A few months ago we started talking about playing some remote clubs and getting our feet wet again. Poncho is unable to join us right now but we all hope he'll be back. Now Nils is with us again! Nils was an original member of Crazy Horse along with Jack Nietsche and Danny Whitten, playing on Crazy Horse's first album.

NYA's latest archival release, ROXY Tonights the Night Love, features Nils and the late Ben Keith, another true original, playing with Billy, Ralphie and I as we opened the Roxy in LA, a short 45 years ago in 1973.

We are stoked to be playing all of our songs again! I have no new ones, but maybe tomorrow they will come. They always do and I am so thankful for that. Come and see us if you can as we approach our 50th year as a band. I think it will be the beginning of another beautiful chapter in our long, enriching and life changing Crazy Horse story.

Stay tuned to NYA, Home of the Horse, for more news and updates.

NY

This is probably the most excited I've been about Neil since, well, last time he played with Crazy Horse. Very interested to see where this all leads. I guess we'll have an idea soon, these shows are next week!

Incredible. Guarantee this leads to a slew of releases much like the last go round of Horse shows. I am beyond excited and hope i get to see them with Nils. I love his playing.

PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 12:19 am 

Strat wrote:
Incredible. Guarantee this leads to a slew of releases much like the last go round of Horse shows. I am beyond excited and hope i get to see them with Nils. I love his playing.

:thumbsup:

The NY+CH show I saw in 2013 remains the greatest live music experience I've had.

PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 5:22 pm 
Future Drummer

I’m flying to Fresno from NY for Wednesday nights how.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 5:24 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

:thumbsup:

The NY+CH show I saw in 2013 remains the greatest live music experience I've had.

Yeah, we saw him with CH in 2008 I think and it was transcendent. Blew every other arena rock show I've seen out of the water, except maybe NIN/David Bowie in '94.

PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 7:48 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Awesome news.

Im so grateful that i got the chance to saw them back in...2001? What an amazing show.

PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 8:28 pm 

super nintendo chalmers wrote:
I’m flying to Fresno from NY for Wednesday nights how.

Wild! Have a great time.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

So the Roxy LP is fucking fantastic. I can’t stop listening to it.

However, I still don’t understand why they don’t give a hi-res download when you spend $30 on the LP.

Anyone have a Hi-Res file from NY.com?

I found a pretty good vinyl rip but would love to have the version from his site.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Teeeeeekay wrote:

However, I still don’t understand why they don’t give a hi-res download when you spend $30 on the LP.

I found a pretty good vinyl rip but would love to have the version from his site.

Digital rip is on most torrent sites. I don't mess with those huge downloads, though.

I was able to get the LP for like $22 with a coupon :nice:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:04 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Simple Torture wrote:
Teeeeeekay wrote:

Digital rip is on most torrent sites. I don't mess with those huge downloads, though.

I was able to get the LP for like $22 with a coupon :nice:

Yeah I grabbed the LP on RSD from my local guys.

I don’t really want to spend another $25 for HD files. And I probably won’t. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:28 pm 

First night setlist is fucking wild:

Quote:
Big Time (first time since 2001)
Country Home
Don’t Cry No Tears
Winterlong
World on a String
Scattered (Let’s Think About Livin’) (first time since 1996)
Fuckin’ Up
Too Far Gone
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Cinnamon Girl
Cortez the Killer
Walk On
Like a Hurricane
Mansion on the Hill

Encore:
Roll Another Number (For the Road)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands