The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 13, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18292
Location: the beach
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 13, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 11953
Location: Cumberland, RI
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Don't make me single out any song from Side A.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 13, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18292
Location: the beach
Simple Torture wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Don't make me single out any song from Side A.


fine, we'll let kevin davis decide


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 13, 2017 9:53 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 16879
Location: Hunter
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Don't make me single out any song from Side A.


fine, we'll let kevin davis decide

you might be waiting a while.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Tue June 13, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18292
Location: the beach
LetMeSleep wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Don't make me single out any song from Side A.


fine, we'll let kevin davis decide

you might be waiting a while.


? did he quit here?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 11953
Location: Cumberland, RI
Controversial opinion? I think the Powderfinger on Live Rust is superior to the RNS version.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18292
Location: the beach
doug rr wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Listening to the copy of Rust Never Sleeps that came in the most recent vinyl reissue series boxset; no exaggeration: this us like listening to this album for the first time again. Chills.


did it make you realize that Thrasher is the best song ever written?


Don't make me single out any song from Side A.


fine, we'll let kevin davis decide

you might be waiting a while.


? did he quit here?


can someone answer this please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 10:42 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue March 19, 2013 3:31 pm
Posts: 380
Bridge School is no more. https://bridgeschool.org/concert/news.php

Neil can't be well...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 16487
Fucking hell.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 11953
Location: Cumberland, RI
He's busy working so that he can release Archives Vols. 2+3 at the same time.

Spoiler: show
Right...right?

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29339
Location: Mountains
Fuck Daryl Hannah, amirite?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Washington State
At least once a week, I'm sure.

_________________
“You don’t have a soul, Doctor. You are a soul. You have a body, temporarily.”
A Canticle for Leibowitz


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5357
Location: unnamed mental hospital
bune wrote:
At least once a week, I'm sure.

I laughed.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 15, 2017 3:18 pm 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11504
Wow...so weird. So sad.

The bridge benefit concert was always a highlight of the year...so many cool performances.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1240
Location: The Jungle
VinylGuy wrote:
Wow...so weird. So sad.

The bridge benefit concert was always a highlight of the year...so many cool performances.


that was my first thought too. The cool collaborations with Neil, the cool covers the bands would whip out.

Pearl Jam should take it up. Maybe not Bridge School, but do a once a year get together like this for different charities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 4:02 am 
Online
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun February 24, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 224
A Man Needs a (Mer)Maid


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 4:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 29339
Location: Mountains
rick malone wrote:
A Man Needs a (Mer)Maid

This is good. Smart. I love it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5357
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
rick malone wrote:
A Man Needs a (Mer)Maid

This is good. Smart. I love it.

Bravo

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 16, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 43697
I've been listening to some of the early live stuff. It gives me the chills.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 5:45 am 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sat April 23, 2016 6:27 pm
Posts: 96


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rangi Guy and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 21, 2017 9:06 pm