The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official Neil Young Thread
PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 5:33 pm 
Future Drummer

Teeeeeekay wrote:
Every time I open the app it just closes instantly.

I;m on the desktop now and its fine, just checked the app and no problems either. Maybe reset ur phone or something.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 5:51 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

super nintendo chalmers wrote:
Teeeeeekay wrote:
Every time I open the app it just closes instantly.

I;m on the desktop now and its fine, just checked the app and no problems either. Maybe reset ur phone or something.

I deleted and re downloaded the app. Working now. Now I have to sign up. God dammit.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 9:58 pm 
Future Drummer

It’s the best $20 you’ll spend all year.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 10:19 pm 
Future Drummer

This set makes me wish I was a dab bro.

PostPosted: Fri November 20, 2020 10:34 pm 

Can’t I just do the $1.99 for a month until I can download it?

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 1:00 am 
A Return To Form

Jessica Fletcher wrote:
7 Years and Maybe Longer wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Jessica Fletcher wrote:
A lot of people can find a lot of reasons to kvetch with Neil. Some of them warranted, but I never let it really get to me. But this is the first time I'm genuinely upset/pissed off at our cantankerous North Star. We're not getting the full archives 2 to stream tomorrow on NYA. They'll be releasing the discs sporadically until March when the retail CDs are finally available to everyone. They're only making Disc 1 available tomorrow. Yeah, its minor but I was so excited to dive into the entire set tomorrow. Total bummer.

Agreed. I'd be less concerned about this if I was confident that my "limited edition" (first run of 3000) box set would be showing up on time, as in tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as to whether that's the case. This release has been so royally botched in almost every respect that I'm just going to assume that nobody will get a physical product until March and be happily surprised if they come before that.

It would be nice if they sent a tracking number, so we can have an idea of when to expect it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get it this weekend, but expectations are low.

Nothing showing up in your USPS trackers?

Good call - I was assuming they would send an email when shipped and didn't think to try to log into my acct. This is my first purchase from them since I signed up to buy this. My Greedy Hand dashboard says "shipped!" However, when I click the tracking #, the UPS site says label created on 11/17 and no updates after that.

Now I will be refreshing this constantly :)

This seems to be the case for everyone, NYA says shipped, UPS has no info. Seems like the best we can hope for is delivery sometime next week or after the holiday.

What a mess. Really hope yesterday's strange piecemeal announcement is old news and all the music comes to NYA at 9am.

That Ambulance Blues outtake just posted is really nice though.

EDIT: UPS now says delivery due by 9pm tonight, holy shit. I'm excited.

UPS still doesn't even have a delivery date for me. But on the positive side, NYA just sent me the code to activate my one year subscription that came with the order. :hooray:

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 1:29 am 
A Return To Form

Jessica Fletcher wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Jessica Fletcher wrote:
A lot of people can find a lot of reasons to kvetch with Neil. Some of them warranted, but I never let it really get to me. But this is the first time I'm genuinely upset/pissed off at our cantankerous North Star. We're not getting the full archives 2 to stream tomorrow on NYA. They'll be releasing the discs sporadically until March when the retail CDs are finally available to everyone. They're only making Disc 1 available tomorrow. Yeah, its minor but I was so excited to dive into the entire set tomorrow. Total bummer.

Agreed. I'd be less concerned about this if I was confident that my "limited edition" (first run of 3000) box set would be showing up on time, as in tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as to whether that's the case. This release has been so royally botched in almost every respect that I'm just going to assume that nobody will get a physical product until March and be happily surprised if they come before that.

It would be nice if they sent a tracking number, so we can have an idea of when to expect it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get it this weekend, but expectations are low.

Nothing showing up in your USPS trackers?

Good call - I was assuming they would send an email when shipped and didn't think to try to log into my acct. This is my first purchase from them since I signed up to buy this. My Greedy Hand dashboard says "shipped!" However, when I click the tracking #, the UPS site says label created on 11/17 and no updates after that.

Now I will be refreshing this constantly :)

This seems to be the case for everyone, NYA says shipped, UPS has no info. Seems like the best we can hope for is delivery sometime next week or after the holiday.

What a mess. Really hope yesterday's strange piecemeal announcement is old news and all the music comes to NYA at 9am.

That Ambulance Blues outtake just posted is really nice though.

EDIT: UPS now says delivery due by 9pm tonight, holy shit. I'm excited.

UPS still doesn't even have a delivery date for me. But on the positive side, NYA just sent me the code to activate my one year subscription that came with the order. :hooray:

Spoke too soon. Login didn't work and then it said I tried too many times and locked me out of my account. Then I requested password to be reset (twice) and it said it sent me an email. No email received. C'mon Neil! I'm sure it will work out but it feels so tantalizingly close right now.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 1:34 am 
The Master

I really should be digging through this stuff right now. My god there's so much.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 1:34 am 
The Master

really wanna hit "dume"

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 1:46 am 
The Master

Geezes. I really haven't poked around the NYA much in the past couple of months but it has exploded with content.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 2:09 am 
A Return To Form

Strat wrote:
Geezes. I really haven't poked around the NYA much in the past couple of months but it has exploded with content.

Finally got the site to work. Wow, it is really overwhelming. I don't even know where to start here. Time to dive in.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 2:39 am 
A Return To Form

I'm jumping around but Ride My Llama and Pocahontas on Dume are friggin' incredible.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 2:44 am 
Rank This Poster

I'm jumping around but Ride My Llama and Pocahontas on Dume are friggin' incredible.

I started with the Dume disc and these two songs are blowing my mind. Love the Crazy Horse version of "Hawaii", too.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 2:47 am 
A Return To Form

Farmer John wrote:

I started with the Dume disc and these two songs are blowing my mind. Love the Crazy Horse version of "Hawaii", too.

Diggin' the electric Hawaii as well. This album is a powerhouse. Can't believe he didn't release it as is in '75 and sat on some of these songs for several years.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 3:01 am 
A Return To Form

Skipping Tuscaloosa and Roxy, I spent quality time digesting Discs 1, 2, 4, and 6 today. I've been closely following Neil for twenty five years and I can say I am still blown away with the quality and quantity of mind-blowingly great music this guy produced during these few years alone. I am so excited for discs 8-10 and to spend hours re-listening and delving back into this again and again for years to come.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 3:42 am 

Starting at Disc 1. I’m only 6 songs in and I can’t believe he held this shit back. I’d pay dumb money on an LP set.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 11:19 am 
Future Drummer

Gee, I would really love to buy a copy of this box in FLAC right now, at the very least.

But it looks like I have to send Neil $250 in advance and give him a personal tug job to even be considered for that option.

What a crock of shit.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 5:58 pm 
Future Drummer

I'm entirely confused as to how I can get a download of this set. Is it streaming only? Do I have to buy the physical box? People are complaining that they are getting downloads they were promised but it's total chaos and they have to download each individual song?

And these assholes wonder why people don't want to pay for music?

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 6:54 pm 
The Master

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
I'm entirely confused as to how I can get a download of this set. Is it streaming only? Do I have to buy the physical box? People are complaining that they are getting downloads they were promised but it's total chaos and they have to download each individual song?

And these assholes wonder why people don't want to pay for music?

Everyone who buys the archived from Neil young’s greedy hand store will be able to download the high res files from neils xstream store. You will get an email with details.

PostPosted: Sat November 21, 2020 9:40 pm 
Rank This Poster

The Old Homestead disc is incredible.

It's insane how good these unreleased songs and alternate takes are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 137  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands