The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands

Post subject: Re: Coloradans are hipsters
PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:17 am 
Future Drummer

To be fair, Strat DID indirectly call me an idiot, and I'm new to the board, so I don't really know where everyone lives. There is enough of a variety of music in all areas that if you seek it out, you will always find something that meets your personal criteria of 'good music.' If you watched the video, you'll see that even though the music may suck, the crowd and the band are enjoying themselves... Isn't that what it's all about?

I was originally offended about being called a Hipster, but then Strat REALLY pissed me off :peace:

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:23 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Strat wrote:
Lol. No, Coloradons are not hipsters, they are idiots. Worst taste in music. Reggae jam band bullshit. and womp womp music.

That's harsh!

Im not wrong though.

Oh, no. You're absolutely correct. We're idiots who live happy, active lifestyles in the most beautiful state in the country. We have the lowest obesity ranking in the country. We were the first to successfully legalize recreational use of pot, setting the standard by which (hopefully) other states will follow. Our taste in music is atrocious, however, we enjoy the fuck out of it... Soooooooo, I completely understand the bitterness of a curmudgeon who lives in an inferior state and sits around bitching about how his favorite band no longer meets his expectations...

For your further edification, I submit to you some of my favorite Reggae jam band bullshit:

Try to enjoy... just once 8-)

Uh, dude. Did you see where I live?

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:24 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
To be fair, Strat DID indirectly call me an idiot, and I'm new to the board, so I don't really know where everyone lives. There is enough of a variety of music in all areas that if you seek it out, you will always find something that meets your personal criteria of 'good music.' If you watched the video, you'll see that even though the music may suck, the crowd and the band are enjoying themselves... Isn't that what it's all about?

I was originally offended about being called a Hipster, but then Strat REALLY pissed me off :peace:

Wow. LOL.

I dont like the music scene in Colorado. I love the fucking state. Settle down. I was happy to see the beautiful turn out for Bon Iver and Queens of the Stoneage at red rocks though

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:25 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I've seen pictures of drake.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:26 am 
Future Drummer

No. That's what I mentioned in my most recent post...

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:27 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
No. That's what I mentioned in my most recent post...

I see you have been dealt with since!

Gods Die - round these parts - would probably agree with me as well. Denver guy. Great fella. We're all good here. Hope you are enjoying the winter! Its quickly on its way out....

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:30 am 
Rank This Poster

ALT-J :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure most of people who picked Daft Punk only heard the songs with Pharell, maybe One More Time

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:34 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Wow. LOL.

I dont like the music scene in Colorado. I love the fucking state. Settle down. I was happy to see the beautiful turn out for Bon Iver and Queens of the Stoneage at red rocks though

Since I'm new here, let me start over:

My tongue is usually firmly planted in my cheek, especially when I'm bullshitting with complete strangers. No sweat on this end, but the new thread DID catch my eye, and I thought I'd call you out for (indirectly) calling me an idiot.

There really is no 'music scene' anywhere anymore, since the advent of the interwebs, creating a much smaller world and an easier way to develop influences. Music scenes are now created in blogs.

I didn't get to see Bon Iver, but I did get to see The National there back in September :P

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 1:50 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Wow. LOL.

Since I'm new here, let me start over:

My tongue is usually firmly planted in my cheek, especially when I'm bullshitting with complete strangers. No sweat on this end, but the new thread DID catch my eye, and I thought I'd call you out for (indirectly) calling me an idiot.

There really is no 'music scene' anywhere anymore, since the advent of the interwebs, creating a much smaller world and an easier way to develop influences. Music scenes are now created in blogs.

I didn't get to see Bon Iver, but I did get to see The National there back in September :P

You'll soon realize that everyone here is an idiot! Myself included!

Missed the National show but I was saving up/getting ready to head to see the Replacements at Riot Fest :luv:

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:09 am 
Future Drummer

If you're interested, I'm going to the Gothic on 3/29 to see Toadies... They're not local, but ARE a great rock band from the 90's... from Ft. Worth, TX. They're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of THIS album:

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:15 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

I have heard of these artists but am certain that I don't want to hear anything further from Drake, David Guetta or Macklemore.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:16 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
If you're interested, I'm going to the Gothic on 3/29 to see Toadies... They're not local, but ARE a great rock band from the 90's... from Ft. Worth, TX. They're celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of THIS album:

Yea, love the toadies. was thinking about hitting that show actually. Is aw the singers other band in the early 00's. I forgot the name of that band but they did play Possum kingdom :bammer:

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:19 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

You guys should totally hang out.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:21 am 
10Club Complaint Department

zeb wrote:

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:23 am 
Future Drummer

Iholdthepain wrote:
If you watched the video, you'll see that even though the music may suck, the crowd and the band are enjoying themselves... Isn't that what it's all about?

See this is the attitude that causes the phenomenon I was talking about.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:26 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Strat wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Yea, love the toadies. was thinking about hitting that show actually. Is aw the singers other band in the early 00's. I forgot the name of that band but they did play Possum kingdom :bammer:

they put on a good show.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 2:31 am 
Future Drummer

Strat wrote:

you're thinking of THIS band:

zeb wrote:

Thanks for the endorsement. Always looking for new idiots to kick it with.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 9:22 am 
Rank This Poster

bada wrote:
My wife likes Top 40 so I'm at least aware of the others but even after doing a wiki on David Guetta I'm at a loss.

Wow I kinda envy you, he's like, THE MOST FAMOUS/SUCCESSFUL/BESTEST DJ IN THE WORLD around here. The first DJ to achieve rock star status as far as I can tell. He's terrible but what do you expect? He's a DJ.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 9:44 am 
Rank This Poster

I don't envy you about the top 40 wife though.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 12:54 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Ha. She only listens to it in the car and if I'm with her she usually spares me.

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands