Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Ryan Adams

Wed December 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Strat wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:New song sucks. The more Ryan releases shitty80s sounding trash the more obvious it becomes that his strong early output was all just an act. This is the real Ryan Adams, and he's basically Kenny Loggins.

Calm down.

I am calm. I'm calmly stating that this guy has been bad for a decade now. I've written him off in the same way I have with Pearl Jam and thats a real shame.

Thu December 15, 2016 12:06 am

verb_to_trust wrote:
Strat wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:New song sucks. The more Ryan releases shitty80s sounding trash the more obvious it becomes that his strong early output was all just an act. This is the real Ryan Adams, and he's basically Kenny Loggins.

Calm down.

I am calm. I'm calmly stating that this guy has been bad for a decade now. I've written him off in the same way I have with Pearl Jam and thats a real shame.

Yah, me too. I agree w/ all of this. Not that Strat will care. lol

Thu December 15, 2016 12:18 am

given2trade wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Strat wrote:

Calm down.

nah, i get why someone might not like it. It scratches a certain tickle for me. Though, calling him a fraud and saying all his early output was "just an act" is a little dramatic.

Thu December 15, 2016 12:19 am

Strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Strat wrote:

Calm down.

nah, i get why someone might not like it. It scratches a certain tickle for me. Though, calling him a fraud and saying all his early output was "just an act" is a little dramatic.

yah, that's not fair. i wouldn't say that about pearl jam either, obviously. people change. in both ryan and eddie's cases, they both got rich and famous.

Thu December 15, 2016 3:35 am

To be fair I liked Willow Lane and 1984 as far as output since 2009 is concerned. I just wish Ryan would Gimme somethin good gimme something good gimme sumthin gud gimme somethin gooooood on a consistent basis. Its not like I expect another Cold Roses.

Fri December 23, 2016 8:25 pm

New song. The verses sound a lot like Everybody Knows from Easy Tiger. Hopefully the album sounds like this and not Do You Still Love Me?

Fri December 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Song really sounds to me like a Sea Change-era Beck track, with the interlocking acoustics and that guitar solo at the end.

Sun December 25, 2016 5:45 am

I thought this was pretty cool. I wonder how many of his album tracks were written this way?

Fri December 30, 2016 8:49 pm

That interview is pretty cool.

Also, the album has leaked, go and find it is easy.

I like the album there is a Springteen and cardinals vibe to it IMO

Fri January 13, 2017 1:33 am

Yea, leaked.

So far its nothing like "Do you still love me"

Fri January 13, 2017 2:10 am

Lovely first impression. Still dives into that 80's guitar tone he's loving right now, but some of the acoustic tracks feel like classic RA songs that help balance it all out.

Album closes on a whimper though.

Sat January 14, 2017 6:09 am

Definitely closes on an average note. It is of the same ilk as the last album and there wasn't much that made me excited. It felt like Ryan in second gear, where I had heard a lot of the ideas or even songs before. It'll get a few more listens for sure but at this stage I don't feel it is going to be loved.

Tue January 17, 2017 2:33 am

Its fine overall.

however, outbound train is fantastic.

Tue January 17, 2017 4:01 am

That song he did with Tina Turner is ok.

Wed January 18, 2017 8:47 am

Last edited by LetMeSleep on Fri January 20, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri January 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Another song off of the new record

Fri January 20, 2017 2:40 pm

beginning of doomsday sounds like dance all night.

beginning of to be without you sounds like everybody knows.

beginning of do you still love me sounds like gimme something good.

beginning to think he's out of ideas.

Fri January 20, 2017 2:42 pm

guestT wrote:beginning of doomsday sounds like dance all night.

that's exactly what I was thinking. He needs a producer to kick him in the arse

Fri January 20, 2017 3:03 pm

LetMeSleep wrote:

What's Brendan O'Brien doing these days?

Fri January 20, 2017 3:05 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

What's Brendan O'Brien doing these days?

Post a reply