The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Wed January 20, 2016 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
Super excited to hear this gem of an album.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2016/01/list ... ont-cares/


Great re-do of Born for Me. Good lord. These two sound so good together. Nobody writes a dirty pop rock song like Paul Westerbg.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
Verb! This album is fantastic!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
I feel so alone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 1542
Strat wrote:
I feel so alone

Can't have Strat feeling alone. Streaming Wild Stab right now, in your honor. Wear Me Out Loud is fine. A lot of his writing reminds me of Izzy Stradlin. He just hits a groove in the music that goes on and on.

Two questions for you.
Is the Replacements vinyl set worth it? If the set started with Hootenanny I'd be all over it. Let It Be is one of the most underrated and unheard of classics I know.
Did you get all the Black Crowes re-issues? Did Three Snakes and One Charm have any kind of liner included? I love the vinyl but the format/packaging has been a let down. If Three Snakes could have two bonus song then I know they could have done the same the Southern Harmony. amorica. is still on back order for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
surfndestroy wrote:
Strat wrote:
I feel so alone

Can't have Strat feeling alone. Streaming Wild Stab right now, in your honor. Wear Me Out Loud is fine. A lot of his writing reminds me of Izzy Stradlin. He just hits a groove in the music that goes on and on.

Two questions for you.
Is the Replacements vinyl set worth it? If the set started with Hootenanny I'd be all over it. Let It Be is one of the most underrated and unheard of classics I know.
Did you get all the Black Crowes re-issues? Did Three Snakes and One Charm have any kind of liner included? I love the vinyl but the format/packaging has been a let down. If Three Snakes could have two bonus song then I know they could have done the same the Southern Harmony. amorica. is still on back order for me.

I just think nobody writes a melody better than Westerberg. I love his guitar tone and approach to his music and I think he sounds fantastic with Juliana. Great re working of Born For Me as well.

i think the boxset is worth it but im a super fan. For what $70? you get 4 records. Thats a pretty good deal. Stink and Sorry Ma are quick fun thrash records that are an interesting listen to the beginning of their evolution. Great post punk rock.

Ive only purchased Amorica and Southern harmony at this point. I would love to get 3 snakes but my store didnt have it in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri January 22, 2016 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15247
Location: Illinois
Why doesn't he realize we want Stereo on vinyl?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
New music coming my way?

https://www.drywoodgarage.com/

That song is super fucking strange but he also just released a snippet of another new song

https://twitter.com/MasteryBridge/statu ... 6699852800


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15247
Location: Illinois
What's going on with PW? Is he ever going to feed our need?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Sat July 15, 2017 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
verb_to_trust wrote:
What's going on with PW? Is he ever going to feed our need?

Well he released that one new song, plus a snippet....but on top of that the replacements social media are teasing us.

I am guessing they will be releasing some live archive shows. On top of that, i am hoping, PW has some more music up his sleeve.

What needs to happen is maybe not release a new "replacements" record but rather have him and Stinson put some music out that was done ins PW's basement. Less pressure with all the tasty goodness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
This is excellent

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... ls-w492369


Can't Hardly Wait sounds so good. This concert is absolutely fantastic


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15247
Location: Illinois
Thank God Gary's Got a Boner is on this.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
verb_to_trust wrote:
Thank God Gary's Got a Boner is on this.

are you ever happy?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15247
Location: Illinois
I was serious


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
verb_to_trust wrote:
I was serious

Look what you've done to me with your sorcerous ways!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sun February 24, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 297
Read Trouble Boys recently, the tour stories were neat. Bob Stinson's life was pretty tragic. I understand why he was fired but they really missed his sound.

Let It Be is still my favorite and I still think Hootenanny is a great album. Country, punk, Within Your Reach. Almost every reviewer writes it off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
rick malone wrote:
Read Trouble Boys recently, the tour stories were neat. Bob Stinson's life was pretty tragic. I understand why he was fired but they really missed his sound.

Let It Be is still my favorite and I still think Hootenanny is a great album. Country, punk, Within Your Reach. Almost every reviewer writes it off.

I think Hootenany is top tier. What an oddly spectacular collection of songs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Thu July 20, 2017 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 4669
Location: Chile
Let It Be is the first thing I listen from these guys and I absolutely fucking love it.

_________________
mikejasond wrote:
Beautiful T_T


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 2:24 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 240
Just pre-ordered the live album. Really excited to hear this. I was late coming to The Replacements party, but I've since bought in in a big way.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36371
Location: Mountains
Stardog Champion wrote:
Just pre-ordered the live album. Really excited to hear this. I was late coming to The Replacements party, but I've since bought in in a big way.

Have you dug into Paul Westerbergs solo career?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Replacements
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 06, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 240
Strat wrote:
Stardog Champion wrote:
Just pre-ordered the live album. Really excited to hear this. I was late coming to The Replacements party, but I've since bought in in a big way.

Have you dug into Paul Westerbergs solo career?


I've recently started to check his solo stuff beyond his soundtrack work. I have Eventually, Stereo, and Come Feel Me Tremble. Any suggestions of additional work I should check out?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 15, 2018 6:33 am