Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: My Morning Jacket

Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 pm

it's pretty fucking good

Thu May 07, 2015 2:42 am

start to finish one of the most listenable albums of their entire catalog.

really liking Believe

Thu May 07, 2015 11:35 am

Okay I should probably listen to this one already. Have had the album since Monday, but wasn't overly enthused from the first single....

Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Not a fan of the verses of "Believe" but the rest is song is pretty good.

Fri May 08, 2015 3:38 am

Just listened in full.. Minus 1 or 2 songs, this is a really really good album

Mon May 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Still trying to let this one grow on me, but two I loved right out the gate were Tropics and Compound Fracture. Tropics especially :luv:

Wed May 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Damn, Spring (Among the Living) is a fantastic tune

Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Pretty great video from their show in LA the other day.

http://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning ... 2015-05-01

Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 pm

I have a couple friends who don't like it at all. Its too slow and boring...lacks guitar (rocking songs) they say.

I happen to like it a lot. I think that they could have brought the guitars up a little in the mix to make them more prominent but it is probably their best album since Z imo.

By that i mean the other albums to me had some more amazing songs but this one just flows and feels good. I like it quite a bit.

Thu May 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Thu May 21, 2015 9:07 pm

I was very skeptical after hearing Big Decisions. Expecting more of the Circuital sound, I was in no hurry to get the album. Boy, was I wrong. I'm still digesting it and the songs are still carving out homes in my mind's ear, but there's something about this record that is extremely attractive. It is catchy and sexy in a still somewhat awkward way. we will see how I feel when the honeymoon is over, but right now I'm very much in love.

Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Kaius wrote:I was very skeptical after hearing Big Decisions. Expecting more of the Circuital sound, I was in no hurry to get the album. Boy, was I wrong. I'm still digesting it and the songs are still carving out homes in my mind's ear, but there's something about this record that is extremely attractive. It is catchy and sexy in a still somewhat awkward way. we will see how I feel when the honeymoon is over, but right now I'm very much in love.

Big Decisions sounds great on the album because its a bit out of left field on this record. its such a welcome surprise when it hits.

yea, the record is a nice surprise.

Thu May 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Strat wrote:
Kaius wrote:I was very skeptical after hearing Big Decisions. Expecting more of the Circuital sound, I was in no hurry to get the album. Boy, was I wrong. I'm still digesting it and the songs are still carving out homes in my mind's ear, but there's something about this record that is extremely attractive. It is catchy and sexy in a still somewhat awkward way. we will see how I feel when the honeymoon is over, but right now I'm very much in love.

Big Decisions sounds great on the album because its a bit out of left field on this record. its such a welcome surprise when it hits.

I agree. It is much more welcomed in the context of the album, when it hits, as opposed to hearing it on its own.

This one has brought back some of the gravity of Z and the jangly country guitar of ISM along with those classic epic sized notes. Jim's lyrics are still "meh" at times but I think they're at least better than the last two albums and on par earlier stuff at times.

Thu May 21, 2015 10:06 pm

I rarely, if ever, come to MMj for JJ's lyrics.

peanut butter pudding surprise is his best lyric to date.

Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

I can't argue with that. I guess it is his overtly religious themes and insistence on enunciating certain hard consonants that slightly turns people off, but he's pretty charming nonetheless.

Thu May 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Kaius wrote:I can't argue with that. I guess it is his overtly religious themes and insistence on enunciating certain hard consonants that slightly turns people off, but he's pretty charming nonetheless.

I can't tolerate the enunciation. Its worse than Eddie Vedder at his worst.

Thu May 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Thin Line :heartbeat:

Mon May 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Kaius wrote:
Strat wrote:

I agree. It is much more welcomed in the context of the album, when it hits, as opposed to hearing it on its own.

This one has brought back some of the gravity of Z and the jangly country guitar of ISM along with those classic epic sized notes. Jim's lyrics are still "meh" at times but I think they're at least better than the last two albums and on par earlier stuff at times.

New record does remind me of why I fell in love with this band. I also realize what was missing on Circuital: Hallahan! I can feel him on Waterfalls and I love it. He's one of my favorite drummers and a big reason they kick ass live.

But I still can't get pasts James' mediocre lyrics. I miss the weird-ass stuff he used to write like "Your brain melts in the twilight/ with the boar and moving trees." And what ever happened to making up words like Magheeta, Dondante, or Okonokos.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Kaius wrote:Thin Line :heartbeat:

Tue May 26, 2015 11:20 pm

BDB wrote:start to finish one of the most listenable albums of their entire catalog.

really liking Believe

i agree.

kind of miss the rocking stuff...but you just know they'll be doing some special stuff with these songs live.
Post a reply